Narcoossee's or Citricos? Flying Fish Cafe or Yachtsman Steakhouse?

Opinions? Thoughts? (like you all don’t have opinions, haha!)

I’m in the early stages of planning our trip for the week after Thanksgiving. We like to do at least one really nice meal and we’ve got it narrowed down to Narcoossee’s, Citricos, Flying Fish Cafe, and Yachtsman Steak house. I know I want to do one of the ones at GF but not sure which. We’ll prob do 2 of those 4. I thought it would be nice to do an ADR so we’d be able to watch Wishes from Narcoossee’s but I’ve also heard that Citricos is a well-kept secret. These are all new to us so I’d appreciate any info!

I set up the poll so you could choose more than one so pick 2 if you would. :mickey:

The only place I haven’t eaten at is Citrico’s and that is only because the menu doesn’t feature much, if anything, that my wife might like. But sometime in the future, I do plan to eat there.
I’ve eaten at Narcoossee’s and Flying Fish more times than I can remember, so those are my choices. That is followed by Yachtsman’s which I’ve eaten at maybe 5 times.

Narc’s is a regular for us so that is what I checked. We usually try to go their on check in day and watch the fireworks from the deck. BUT… Citricos is really nice. Different atmospheres and food choices, but either one will be enjoyable. I know you have little ones. Narc’s is a little more laid back than Citricos.
Of the other 2 I have had really good steaks at Yachtsman’s. I was not impressed our 1 time At Flying Fish. I swear the seafood was frozen which is a big bummer for me since I live on the SC coast. If it is not fresh, it doesn’t make it to the kitchen. Spoiled with direct access to go catch our own dinner from shrimp, oysters, fish, crabs at almost any time depending on the season.

Hi Tara! I voted for Narcoosees (although I haven’t been to Citrico’s). I really liked my meal at Flying Fish, but the other members of our dining party did not.

I’m leaning toward Narc’s and Yachtsman so we’ve got 1 seafood (that seems to be everyone’s first choice) and a steak instead of 2 seafoods. I have to say, the dessert menu is killing me at Flying Fish though! I may have to head over to Boardwalk for dessert at some point since we’re staying at BC and it’ll be easy access. :biggrin: Would this be difficult to get into for just dessert? Do I need to make an ADR for that?

Thanks for your opinions!

If dessert is your desire don’t forget about the bakery on the Boardwalk. They are always bringing different items out depending on the time of day, or night.

I am up much earlier than anyone I ever travel with. I always enjoy driving from our resort to the Boardwalk and hit the bakery for fresh baked goods and 1-2 cups of coffee. I’ll find a chair and just relax as the sun comes up. REALLY relaxing, and the gang still asleep wake up to fresh baked goods I’ll bring back. Or you can pick stuff up the night before and enjoy them on your balcony.

[QUOTE=Pam&Rich;1069055]If dessert is your desire don’t forget about the bakery on the Boardwalk. They are always bringing different items out depending on the time of day, or night.

I am up much earlier than anyone I ever travel with. I always enjoy driving from our resort to the Boardwalk and hit the bakery for fresh baked goods and 1-2 cups of coffee. I’ll find a chair and just relax as the sun comes up. REALLY relaxing, and the gang still asleep wake up to fresh baked goods I’ll bring back. Or you can pick stuff up the night before and enjoy them on your balcony.[/QUOTE]

That sounds great! I’m definitely the first one up, not because I’m an early riser but because I hate wasting time in WDW (and it takes us SO long to get out of the house with 2 kiddos, I gotta start early)! I may just have to take advantage of the bakery and wake DH up with the smell of coffee and fresh pastries when I return. That’d be a lot nicer than, “Time to get up and walk 100 miles and spend a couple hundred dollars, dear!” :laugh:

:laugh::laugh:
That was me in another life. Pam and I refer to it “DWKWP”. Also known as “Disney With Kids While Poor”. I was not going to allow any of our 3 utter the words “I did not get to do…(fill in the balnk)” on our 8-10 day trips.

Once they were all teens they put a stop to my commando tactics. So I would get up, hit the park of the day, and meet them there when they finally rolled out of bed. My Mom always said WDW was not for kids. I now see what she was talking about.

I chose Citrcos over Narcs and Steaks over fish. But I would have to say a lot depends on the atmosphere you seek.

Pam&Rich, I’m all about savoring every single second we’re there since it’s my fave place to be. :mickey: We definitely have a couple of down days in our 8 day trips but my idea of down days doesn’t generally include doing absolutely nothing. We still plan ADR’s and leave the resort, we just don’t run around like crazy cheerleaders (and as a cheer coach, I’m REALLY good at that) and we stay out of the parks with the exception of a meal. Hubby is admittedly good with this because we don’t miss our must do’s, we don’t wait in lines, and we eat good food! My MIL recently said she will NOT go to Disney unless I plan the trip. :laugh:

We want these 2 restaurant choices to be more special/adult than our other meals but they still have to be family friendly. We’ll have a 3 year old and a 1 year old at the time of travel. The younger one is really laid back but the older is spunky!

We love seafood and don’t get decent options here in Missouri but DH and DD (3 year old) are meat and potato people.

I would pick Flying Fish. I think they have a bit more diverse menu when it comes to seafood. Plus their specials have been really interesting lately.
I do love Narcoossee’s too, but if I had to pick…<g>.
I like Yachtsman, although it’s hard for me to pay those prices for a steak. I can easily grab a steak at the grocery store and toss it on the grill for a lot less. I just don’t have the talent or desire to do anything with seafood.
Frank

Wife and I like citrico’s. The food was better for me than Narcoosees.

>>Wife and I like citrico’s. The food was better for me than Narcoosees.<<

that’s interesting. Haven’t eaten there in a long time. Looking for a new place to go.
Anything you recommend??
Frank

[QUOTE=fjs08;1069219]>>Wife and I like citrico’s. The food was better for me than Narcoosees.<<

that’s interesting. Haven’t eaten there in a long time. Looking for a new place to go.
Anything you recommend??
Frank[/QUOTE]

frank, I know this doesn’t help much, but when DW & I were there, we had the ‘special’ and everything was awesome.

I love specials. Glad to here they have them
Had a pompano special last week at Flying Fish WOW!!!
I may have to give Citricos a try again.
Used to love it as Flaglers
Frank

Sorry. The here should be hear!!
Frank

Btw, can u have dinner served at the bar.
Often if I can’t get a ADR, I’ll walk in an try at the bar?
Thanks
Frank