Narcoossee's

Just cancelled California Grille and booked here because of the lobster LOL! We’ve never eaten at either, did I make a mistake?:confused:

I would say yes. Narcossee’s is great, but I just LOVE the California Grill.

Dining at Narcoossee’s is never a mistake.
It is one of my favorites.
But so is California Grill.

What makes one better than the other?:confused:

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1036555]Dining at Narcoossee’s is never a mistake.
It is one of my favorites.
But so is California Grill.[/QUOTE]

I was looking at the menu and thought it may be more appealing to our 13 DS. I believe you can see the fireworks from either?

Our lobster at Narcoossees was whole BOILED or Steamed NOT BROILED on the shell. We were looking for broiled tail on the shell and got whole boiled, really much different. Not bad but, I think, more chewy plus yuo have to work to extract it out. Be prepared.

Narc’s is great. We eat there every trip. And I do like CG. But Narc’s is more relaxed after a day in the parks.

I think it may be surf and turf for me!!:heart: I hate making a mess!!!:laugh:

we eat here every trip for our anniversary this is our favorite rest and the surf and turf is yummy. the crab cakes are amazing .

Narcoossee’s is reminiscent of many Florida waterside restaurants on the nicer end of the scale.
California Grill is very much an upscale new American cuisine restaurant.
You can see fireworks from both, but the views are vastly different. One being 15 stories in the air and off to the right, the other being on the water and being off to the left.
Fireworks from California Grill you can see everything, but it looks like you’re watching two different shows at once while Narcoossee’s being at ground level allows the two parts to appear more as one. This is a purist thing, most people won’t care one way or the other.

I love Narcoossee’s you have not made any mistake. we have been so luck on our visits here getting a window seat then going outside to watch the electric water parade prior to the fireworks over MK. we like to take the boat to the restaurant it just makes it a little more romantic :wub:

We’ve eaten at both and enjoy both.
We find Narcoossee’s to be a bit more relaxed. CA Grill is magnificent, but to me it’s hi energy, wide open kitchen with a lot of hustle and bustle. Food is great, but very expensive. We’ve wondered into Narcoossee’s a few times, sat at the bar and had marvelous meals. Not sure if it was mentioned here, but you can watch the Electric Light Pageant from the deck around Narcoossee’s in addition to the MK Fireworks.
Frank

Jimbo has a good point about how you get to Narcoossee’s.
Of course the GF is on the beam, but if you’ve taken a bus to the MK from your resort, the resort monorail is the long way around and then a longer walk to the restaurant.
On the other hand, the launch dock is a shorter walk from the bus station than walking all the way up to the monorail platform and the launch is a straight shot to the GF’s dock, which is where Narcoossee’s is located.
Less walking and quicker arrival? The boat wins!

Doug rocks.

Narcoosee’s is our favorite place. We are going back for our anniversary this year.:wub: Our DD is 10 and loves it. It’s her first choice every time.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1036790]Jimbo has a good point about how you get to Narcoossee’s.
Of course the GF is on the beam, but if you’ve taken a bus to the MK from your resort, the resort monorail is the long way around and then a longer walk to the restaurant.
On the other hand, the launch dock is a shorter walk from the bus station than walking all the way up to the monorail platform and the launch is a straight shot to the GF’s dock, which is where Narcoossee’s is located.
Less walking and quicker arrival? The boat wins![/QUOTE]

We’ll be at Wilderness Lodge, too bad you can’t just boat over to the GF. I think we would have to take the boat to MK and the launch to GF correct?

>>We’ll be at Wilderness Lodge, too bad you can’t just boat over to the GF. I think we would have to take the boat to MK and the launch to GF correct?<<

I would say yes. I’ve been on both last summer and there was a boat between MK and WL and another between MK, GF and the Poly. But hey… unless it’s storming it’s a really fun ride. Definitely not fun in a storm… I can speak from experience<bg>!!!
Frank

I’d have to say as often as not, if I was staying at WL and eating breakfast at 1900 Park Fare, we’d drive over. I realize this isn’t always an option for many of us because you fly in and don’t need to rent a car.
In the evening however, especially as we’ve eaten dinner at Narcoossee’s before going to a late night in the MK, we do the two boat thing.
The first leg to the MK, on one of the big boats shouldn’t be much of a problem in any weather, but you don’t want to be in a Navigator with the winds much over 20 MPH. In fact, if it gets too stormy, Disney Transport will suspend operations for watercraft. But whatever, the leg going from MK to GF is very fast. The return is a bit slower because the boat continues on to the Poly before returning to the GF and sometimes it’s a little faster taking the monorail back to MK.