National PTA Convention at Disney!

Are the any MBers attending the National PTA Convention at Coronado Springs next week? I’ll be there!

Have fun!!

If you see any members of the PTA from my son’s elementary school, could you advise them on how to get those sticks removed? :whistling

Hope you get plenty of park time! Have fun.

[QUOTE=Andrea;1078854]If you see any members of the PTA from my son’s elementary school, could you advise them on how to get those sticks removed? :whistling

Hope you get plenty of park time! Have fun.[/QUOTE]

Lol! That was funny! I went to one in Tampa last year and they had classes on just how to get along and make the school like you!

The past school year was my first as a PTA board member and I was so glad our PTA is not like that. We have a huge amount of volunteers and so far our events have been successful.

But there sure are some nasty ones! You can even tell who they are at these types of gatherings- they walk a little funny! :slight_smile:

Our school just changed to a PTO - heck if I know the difference, way, way, way to political for me! :ph34r: But I may have to join if it means a trip to Disney!! BTW I’m at 4 mths 5 days with NO DISNEY!! <dying> :crying:

But who is counting?!?! Lol! You must dying a slow painful Disney death! Do you think you can really make it until October? :ohmy:

P.S. Nice purse and great deal!! I think DH might divorce me if I bought one!

For those that care I found this as I didn’t know the difference either:

The technical differences between a PTA and a PTO are fairly simple. The National PTA is a formal membership organization headquartered in Chicago with a 105-year history of working for children. Local groups that choose to belong to the PTA must pay dues to the state and national organizations and abide by state and national group rules. In return, they get member benefits, and they get a voice in the operations of the larger organization. The National PTA maintains a Washington, D.C., lobbying office, and most state PTAs advocate at their respective state capitals, as well. The PTA carefully protects its name, so that in theory only dues-paying members of the group can call themselves a PTA.

PTO, on the other hand, is a more generic term. It generally represents the thousands of groups that choose to remain independent of the PTA. The acronym PTO is the most popular name, but other common monikers include PCC, PTG, and HSA. These are most often single-school groups that operate under their own bylaws and by and large concern themselves with the goings-on at their building or in their town only.

[QUOTE=johnkimv;1078946]But who is counting?!?! Lol! You must dying a slow painful Disney death! Do you think you can really make it until October? :ohmy:

P.S. Nice purse and great deal!! I think DH might divorce me if I bought one![/QUOTE]

dunno - I keep trying to pick a weekend in June, but then I’m like, too hot, too crowded - :blush: I really just want to save my cash for my cruise so I can go “DISNEY CRAZY!!”

Thanks for posting about the PTO/PTA diff - the PTO sounds like our school 100% - all about “them!” :ph34r: