Need a breakfast close to HS

I need a breakfast buffet close to HS - any suggestions.

I am 180 days out and SOOO far behind planning.

I can think of one inside HS at the ABC Commissary. We had a nice breakfast here last Oct. Don’t know if it will be open when you are there.

This is our pull-in breakfast, in other words - we will pull in to WDW about 6:00, check-in, get all our info, potty, freshen-up a little in lobby bathroom :-), and then eat breakfast and hit a park until our room is ready.
We are usually pretty tired (13 hr drive) when we arrive and the more disney to get the adreniline going the better.
We usually do Chef Mickey’s for this meal but I notice HS has early EMH and we have never been able to make HS early in the day.

There is always Cape May’s it buffet you get to see Goofy in a bathing suit and you can take the boat to and from HS

I would choose a breakfast on the boardwalk like Cape Mays. I had dinner at Hollywood and Vine and it was not very good. From what I have read breakfast has bad reviews too.

anyone been to garden grove for their character breakfast…who appears.
Have thought about Cape May since we skipped out on this breakfast last trip, just too tired to get up. And I love the boat ride and boardwalk area.
Ohana’s for breakfast - where is that located in relation to HS.

Not a buffet. The character buffet is at Hollywood and Vine.
Otherwise, the closest is Cape May Cafe and Goofy’s Beach Breakfast at the Beach Club.
'Ohana is in the Poly, which of course is on the monorail, meaning, Magic Kingdom and not close at all to DHS.

Garden Grove is at the Swan and 'Ohana is at the Polynesian. You could also get a counter service breakfast at Starring Rolls in the Studios. Everything I have had from Starring Rolls has been very good. That way you are already in the Studios and nothing wakes you up more than Tower of Terror!

Hmm - that sounds like a nice option as well.

Cape May Cafe is very good. We did it last trip, and we have it booked again for this trip in November.

If you’re raring to go - I’d just do a quick stop at Starring Rolls. It’s probably the only place at HS where you can get something that actually is good (including the carrot cake cookies, but that’s not breakfast). The cinnamon buns and danish are very good.

What about Captain’s Grill at the Yacht Club? I think they have both a buffet and an ala carte menu option and I am guessing it would be super easy to get an ADR there. Cape May could be trickier.

In HS go to Starring Rolls.

Another out of the way idea would be the Bakery on the Boardwalk. Don’t know if you will have your own trans, but once there HS is a short relaxing walk or boat ride. If you want to leave a car at AS, you could cab it over to the Boardwalk. I love having my early AM coffee and baked goods there when staying in the EPCOT resorts.

We ate Hollywood&Vine for breakfast on our last trip, it was nothing specail and we wouldn’t do it again.
Try for Cape May’s, their breakfast is way too amazing & the characters are awesome:smile:
I believe it was Captain’s Grill when it did for breakfast, the day we left on our last trip. It was awesome pretty good and it was buffet. There wasn’t very many people there when we had our breakfast.

Booked - Cape May for that morning…Got it at 7:45

Booked 10 per person credits and only have 7 per person to spend. Now got figure out which ones will be out of pocket.

Oh how I love WDW.

They stopped doing breakfast at ABC.

I’m glad you booked Cape May Cafe. It’s one of ournfavorites, and I think you’ll enjoy it!

[QUOTE=dadofthree;1049133]
Booked 10 per person credits and only have 7 per person to spend. Now got figure out which ones will be out of pocket. [/QUOTE]

I’d suggest the breakfasts first because they are most often the least expensive meals.
Also, you could pay out of pocket for the least expensive meal for any one guest at any meal.
After all, they say that guests can use their meal credits any way and at any time they want.

And you’ll really enjoy Cape May’s breakfast. Plus, you can order omelets and eggs to order from the kitchen if you don’t care for the omelet of the day that is on the buffet. I know this because I always have to have my ham and cheese omelet and will not stand for onions, peppers, or any other ingredient that I don’t like.:angel:

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1049186]I’d suggest the breakfasts first because they are most often the least expensive meals.
Also, you could pay out of pocket for the least expensive meal for any one guest at any meal.
After all, they say that guests can use their meal credits any way and at any time they want.

And you’ll really enjoy Cape May’s breakfast. Plus, you can order omelets and eggs to order from the kitchen if you don’t care for the omelet of the day that is on the buffet. I know this because I always have to have my ham and cheese omelet and will not stand for onions, peppers, or any other ingredient that I don’t like.:angel:[/QUOTE]

Didnt even think of using or not using a credit for any particuliar meal. Great idea when one of us feels like a burger and fries or simple dish.

If you don’t feel like a big meal, we just started going to The Writers Stop in HS. It’s just like Staring Rolls, but inside (and airconditioned!). I’ve heard it’s never crowed too (because people don’t know it’s there). (It’s near where they sign up for American Idol auditions on Commissary Lane). The carrot cake cookie sandwich and iced cold latte’s are a great way to start the day!

Don’t forget to pick up your Toy Story FP first thing!!