Need a referral for a DVC guide?

Me too! I’d love to help someone and be a referral too! :wub:

My Mom actually had a very bad experience the same day I had a wonderful experience. We all wanted time to think this over before spending that kind of money and my guide was so patient with us and gave us time, helped us with any questions we had, even giving us our benefits on our next trip because we left the day after I went on my tour.
Mom ended up switching to our giude because of how wonderful he was for us.
Feel free to PM me. I’d love to help anyone!
Grace<><

Giving this a bump in case anyone is interested in calling for DVC information. You do not have to be ready to buy when you call, I waited several years after my first call before we finally bought in.

What about going on the tour–do you have to be ready to buy when you do that? Dave and I will probably do the tour next time we go (85 years from now) but we probably won’t buy for a few more years. I just don’t want a lot of pressure about it…I’d just like to get the facts and start saving for it.

Nope, you can do the tour any time you want information. I don’t think guides put pressure on you to buy that day, they understand that this is a big decision for people and they need time to think about it. My guide was awesome and let me make all the calls to her (she didn’t call me unless I left her a voice mail) and there was NO pressure to buy. We even wanted a sold out resort and she understood that and didn’t try to change our minds, she just got us exactly what we wanted.

Go ahead and take the tour then you can think about what you really want. There’s a cool hardcover book DVC will send out with all the information, I’m sure you can also get it on the tour. It a nice book to have.

We are probably the newest DVC members at AKL. We had a great guide. We got a really great deal going in. Feel free to ask, I’ll help out whoever I can!

I had no idea SO many people were DVC owners!

Have you ever looked at the roll call thread! WOWZA! :ohmy:

We did a tour just for the free lunch, HAH! But we didn’t buy then. We almost did though! No high pressure, though.

BUMP - Rates are about to jump so if you are on the fence now is a good time to jump.

My guide is crying because I haven’t sent him anyone in a month or so. :laugh:

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;925895]BUMP - Rates are about to jump so if you are on the fence now is a good time to jump.

My guide is crying because I haven’t sent him anyone in a month or so. :laugh:[/QUOTE]

Does he expect it?

I thought the price already increased on the 15th. Did I hear wrong?

Sorry to jump on your thread but how early do you shop for points to rent? We are going in April but my parents are renting a villa for all the family to stay at. Our next trip will definately be on site and I would like to stay on site at a deluxe hotel. I hope to go to see Christmas decorations but I’m not sure it will happen in 2009 ( i can dream:wub:) So if i’m looking at down time between thanksgiving and christmas when should I shop for points if 2010?

11 months out is when we can book. So Dec. '09 and Jan. '10 is when you should put up a request.

sorry to change the subject a little but, I was wondering b/c I heard that DVC had pins that they would give out to their members and I contacted my Guide and he told me that he would send me some but I have not received anything yet and it has been like 3 weeks. can anyone give me some advice I don’t want to feel like im bothering him or anything but I feel like calling to check up if he sent me some or if he hasn’t found any yet. what does everyone think I should do?

I hadn’t heard that guides would mail out pins but that’s cool to know. I don’t know what I would do, maybe someone here has gotten DVC pins from their guide.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;925898]Does he expect it?

I thought the price already increased on the 15th. Did I hear wrong?[/QUOTE]

No but he likes hearing from me. I’m either buying more points or sending him a referral. Being a DVC guide has got to be one of the easiest jobs in real estate. Members sell it them you just write it up! :laugh:

I just got a letter reminding me of the increase. It may well have happened already. I did get a Christmas card in November…returned to me from Dec 2007!

I must be a bad member… I have never called my guide, bought her a drink or sent her a referral. She probably thinks I am a big loser then? :tongue:

The rates went up in January – about a week ago.

but has your guide given you pins?

is anyone’s guide bill berghaufer? I’m not totally sure thats his las name.

[QUOTE=MissDisney;926091]I must be a bad member… I have never called my guide, bought her a drink or sent her a referral. She probably thinks I am a big loser then? :tongue:

The rates went up in January – about a week ago.[/QUOTE]

Bad member. :eek: You points have been FORFITED and sent to me. :whistling

I send mine Christmas cards, pictures from vacations (well I did send him one from the Alaska Cruise thanks to rented DVC points.)

Mine says he owes me a drink on the next cruise!

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;926117]
I send mine Christmas cards, pictures from vacations (well I did send him one from the Alaska Cruise thanks to rented DVC points.)

Mine says he owes me a drink on the next cruise![/QUOTE]

that’s really cool! how is it that you send him the postcards? how can I find the address to where he is located?