Need a suggestion

As I have mentioned before, my dad has a lot of trouble getting around. Our final night in WDW I have an ADR for Teppan Edo. Looking at our touring ‘plans’ however, I do not think there is any chance we will be at Epcot that day. Its a long hike just for Dinner, and I don’t want to make my dad do that.

So, I need: a suggestion for a 1 credit dinner, preferably NOT in a park (unless easily accessable) and NOT a buffet. Not askin too much . . .:laugh: :laugh:

Our other ADR’s are:

Hollywood and Vine
San Angel Inn
Chef Mickeys
TRex
Crystal Palace
’Ohana

All suggestions welcome! Thanks!

Where will you be during the day?
What are you planning for the night?
Where are you staying?

Consider Kona Cafe, Grand Floridian Cafe, Yacht Club Galley (or whatever it’s called today), Big River Grille.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1106358]Where will you be during the day?
What are you planning for the night?
Where are you staying?

Consider Kona Cafe, Grand Floridian Cafe, Yacht Club Galley (or whatever it’s called today), Big River Grille.[/QUOTE]

Staying at AKV
Plans are unknown at this time, but since its our last night and I have two three year olds I am very doubtful that it will be Epcot. It has the least to offer their age group.
I would guess night plans include either wishes or fantasmic but we are going to play it by ear.

[QUOTE=alilmagical32;1106361]Staying at AKV
Plans are unknown at this time, but since its our last night and I have two three year olds I am very doubtful that it will be Epcot. It has the least to offer their age group.
I would guess night plans include either wishes or fantasmic but we are going to play it by ear.[/QUOTE]

Grand Floridian Cafe would work if you are planning to go back to MK for wishes.

If you are going to Fantasmic you may consider taking the boat over to the Boardwalk and getting dinner there.

Am I reading you right that Dad would eat a meal by himself? Just thinking travel wise and not food quality…how about Tony’s in MK or the italian place at HS (momma something). I know they are in parks but if your Dad left the park and took disney transportation to a resort for a meal, then he would have to go back to a park to get a bus to AKL. That could be a lot of walking too.

Okay, I know you said “no buffets,” but Boma is right there at AKL, and it’s fantastic.

I was going to say Turf Club, but I guess that would be out of the way. But if your going to be HS try either 50 Prime Time Cafe which is close to the front of the Park and not that far from where Fantasmic is. Or park at the Boardwalk and do either ESPN Zone, Cat Cora’s or the Brewery place (Sorry the name escapes me right now) and then take the the boat to HS.

I know. It is KILLING me not to do Boma. All these darn character buffets are going to do me in. The foodie in me REALLY wants to scrap Hollywood and Vine and put in Boma, but the Mommy in me knows how delighted the little guys will be with Handy Manny and company.

I tried talking my parents into Sanna (sp?) but they were nervous about the limited menu.

Just think of the character buffets as waiting for characters (times 4)without standing in line… Hang in there, it is hectic, but at least you get to rest a little bit.

Either way- you will ahve a great time.

[QUOTE=alilmagical32;1106383]I know. It is KILLING me not to do Boma. All these darn character buffets are going to do me in. The foodie in me REALLY wants to scrap Hollywood and Vine and put in Boma, but the Mommy in me knows how delighted the little guys will be with Handy Manny and company.

I tried talking my parents into Sanna (sp?) but they were nervous about the limited menu.[/QUOTE]

I would totally do Boma over H&V!! If you want Boma, you could also get rid of TRex.

Just a quick question, Megan, how come you are not going to Raglan Road?

Staying at AKV, wouldn’t Sanaa or Boma be perfect?

[QUOTE=alilmagical32;1106383]I know. It is KILLING me not to do Boma. All these darn character buffets are going to do me in. The foodie in me REALLY wants to scrap Hollywood and Vine and put in Boma, but the Mommy in me knows how delighted the little guys will be with Handy Manny and company.

I tried talking my parents into Sanna (sp?) but they were nervous about the limited menu.[/QUOTE]

I understand that but please remember that your little men are going to see characters and magic at every turn. I bet they would love to see all the decorations at Boma.

Haha, and a very good question it is! I honestly don’t have a very good answer except that I have eaten there a million times and both my parents have eaten there several times on visits to see me. I was trying to do “new” things for my parents. A big part of me feels strange not going there though! My mom has only done San Angel (her favorite) and my dad has not done any of the restaurants we will be eating at.

[QUOTE=skunis1;1106367]Grand Floridian Cafe would work if you are planning to go back to MK for wishes.

If you are going to Fantasmic you may consider taking the boat over to the Boardwalk and getting dinner there.[/QUOTE]

That’s exactly what I was thinking when I suggested two places on the beam and two places in the Boardwalk area.

Sanaa is certainly a new and different place and it is at AKL.
I see some of the other suggestions and probably agree about Mama Melrose in DHS. I’d truly avoid Tony’s, but that’s just me.
And as one other alternative, there’s Garden Grill in The Land in Epcot. It’s a character meal and the only place that Chip and Dale are still appearing, but instead of being a buffet, it’s family serve, same as 'Ohana. (Place doesn’t really thrill me much, but again, it is solid food)
There’s also the new sit down Mexican place adjacent to the Cantina, not inside the pavilion. That’s a lot less walking than going to Japan (halfway around WSLagoon).

That makes too much sense. If you’ve been there a million times as a guest and your parents have been there. who needs to go back. My gawd, there are only so many days in a Disney trip.
If I forget to tell ya, have a wonderful time with those cute boys :happy:

If you are heading over to Wishes that evening, then I would suggest Kona Cafe ( as did SG I think). We have always had a great meal there, and the location is perfect for hopping over to the MK after dinner. But I do love Boma too! And my boys have always enjoyed it as well.

I have only done Kona for breakfast. Will we find the dinner menu too similar to 'Ohana?

No, not at all! You can check out the menu on allears, and they have the best desserts!

[QUOTE=Dopey;1106411]
If I forget to tell ya, have a wonderful time with those cute boys :happy:[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much
:heart:

I am getting quite excited. I work 70-75 hours a week (well, when I don’t have Mono) and my little guys SO deserve a week that is nothing but magic for them. Not to mention a week where they don’t have to share mommy with anyone or anything!

[QUOTE=alilmagical32;1106419]Thank you so much
:heart:

I am getting quite excited. I work 70-75 hours a week (well, when I don’t have Mono) and my little guys SO deserve a week that is nothing but magic for them. Not to mention a week where they don’t have to share mommy with anyone or anything![/QUOTE]

Dangit, all I wanted here was to push the “like” button :closedeye