Need Help- Monorail Pub Crawl

We just decided to do a monorail pub crawl, with a twist, in March on our adults only trip. We are staying at VWL and obviously will start there (Territory Lounge @ WL), and most likely end there for a final nightcap.

What bars/lounges would you hit? We will hit the wave since we have not been there. We also hope CG bar crowd is light that night. We are also thinking about a quick boat trip to FW and have one at Crocket’s but know nothing as to where @ FW it is.

If you were to do this crawl what order would you do it in and would you include a trip to FW. Feel free to list any location and a path you would take. Our biggest problem is getting back to VWL without having to go through the TTC.

[QUOTE=Pam&Rich;1010264]We just decided to do a monorail pub crawl, with a twist, in March on our adults only trip. We are staying at VWL and obviously will start there (Territory Lounge @ WL), and most likely end there for a final nightcap.

What bars/lounges would you hit? We will hit the wave since we have not been there. We also hope CG bar crowd is light that night. We are also thinking about a quick boat trip to FW and have one at Crocket’s but know nothing as to where @ FW it is.

If you were to do this crawl what order would you do it in and would you include a trip to FW. Feel free to list any location and a path you would take. Our biggest problem is getting back to VWL without having to go through the TTC.[/QUOTE]

I think Crockett’s is by the Hoop Dee Doo building which is just a short walk from the boat dock at FW. I would stop at all the monorail resorts and have a drink at each one.

If the boats or buses are still running at MK getting back will be easy. If not a cab from your last resort would be easiest. I don’t know that you can get back to WL through the TTC.

We love the Wave bar, the bar tenders are fantastic and so are their concoctions.
Crockets is to the right of where the boat docks. Not far and it’s fun to sit there acting like Ma and Pa on the porch having a little cocktail, watching the world go by.
Are you planning on having a Lapu-Lapu at the Poly?

Don’t miss the Grand Floridian

If you want to go to FW, you can just take the boat from the WL. When you get there, get off the boat and head towards Pioneer Hall on the right. Crockett’s Tavern is on the closest corner to the marina.

Then I would take the boat to the Contemporary and hit up the wave. I would probably just skip the CG depending on what time I would end up there. Then hop on the monorail and hit the Poly and the GF.

Sounds like fun!! Cheers!

If it were me I’d START at the mellow Crockett’s Tavern at FW (it’s right inside the building where Trail’s End restaurant is), then I’d take the boat over to the Contemporary & have drinks at the Wave bar, get on the monorail & go to the Poly bar for some tropical drinks, stop at the Grand Floridian (I don’t know anything about the bar there though), then I’d get off the monorail at the MK & get on the boat to the Wilderness Lodge and end my night at Territory Lounge since you are staying there.

PS: I would plan on doing this during hours when the MK is still often & keep in mind that most MK transportation only stays operating an hour - 2 hours after park closing.

The little bar in the GF is one of my fav places to hang…not loud at all…maybe a nice way to finish off the evening…have fun! Sounds like a GREAT time! Please share the details with us after the trip…we all might want to follow in your footsteps (crawl steps???)!

We like it also. I spent a weekend there one afternoon.

There are actually three lounges at the Grand Floridian.

1. Mizners: It is on the second floor. I would do this first at the GF as it seemed like a typical hotel bar. Does have windows overlooking some of the grounds

2. Citricos: Don’t remember much about this one as we only ate at the restaurant once and didn’t actually visit the lounge area.

3. Narcoosee’s: This is in the upper level of the restaurant and the entire restaurant/lounge has a nice view of the Magic Kingdom. I would do this last at the GF due to the view.

For the Contemporary. Definitely liked the Wave but miss the Outer Rim

For the Poly: The Tambu lounge is nice but can get crowded with people waiting to be seated for Ohana’s

Also remember the various hotels have pool bars that may or may not be open depending on how late it is. Some of them have limited choices on drinks.

I knew I could count on the MB crowd. Thank you for the input.

Looks like 8-10 stops to complete the journey/crawl. We might be literally crawling back to VWL when we are done. :blush::ohmy: If I remeber correctly the monorail stops go CR, TTC, Poly and then GF. If so the path might look like this:
-WL (Territory)
-Boat to FW (Crokett’s)
-Boat to CR (Wave, CG and possibly Outer Rim)
-Monorail to Poly (Tambu)
-Monorail to GF (Mizner’s, Narc, Citricos)

Am I forgetting any?

Now the path back is the trick. The VERY unofficial rules I established (subject to change by me of course) state that only WDW transportation can be used. If there was a resort bus from GF that dropped off last at the WL we would be in business. Looks Like it’s the monorail to CR and a boat. Unless the ladies demand cab.

Thoughts?

HAHAHAHAHA!!! I so need to meet you, Boss…you kill me…I had one person just poke her head into my office wondering why I was laughing so hard!

Okay, Pam & Rich, I’m stealing your idea BEFORE you even get to implement it! There are 10 of us heading down for Marathon Weekend (the group keeps growing), and I just sent a shout out to everyone about a potential Monorail Pub Crawl on Sunday night…the responses were OVERWHELMINGLY positive! I’ll take pics (if I can hold my camera steady after my first martini!) Thanks for the great idea!!

DW IS NOT HAPPY…:angry::angry::angry:

Though she did say you are more than welcome to accompany us the first wek of March.:laugh::laugh:

DD just mentioned that we should consider renting scooters. Pam cancelled that idea fearing that scooter races would take place. DWS (drunk while scootering) might not go over to well by the time we get to the GF. Mug shots and TR’s don’t mix.

I would take a cab back to the resort :wink:

One of the best ideas I have ever heard!! Why has nobody else ever thought of this before! Make sure you take tons of pictures and attempt a Monorail Pub Crawl TR!! That could definatly be…interesting!

That is just what I was thinking! I always go with the family, but maybe I will have an adult trip!

I’m sure it has been done but not TR’d.

Plan on the TR but it might be its own seperate thread. DW said she will take pics.

If I had my old phone I could do an ongoing TR at each stop. Now that would be the way to do it…then again one wrong photo and here come the Mouse Police.:blink:

Ahm having a thought, Barbosa …
You can not get a bus from resort to resort. So there would need to be some switching. And THAT requires a bit of thinking.

And thinking does not feather well with pub crawls - or pub glides in your case.

So I would us a cab. If you wear your mickey ears - it counts as Disney transportation.

Seriously - Look it up - it’s in the code.