Need more ME luggage tickets

I searched for this answer but most of the replies were about 4 years old so I figured I would just ask since it will be the fastest way to find out.

My friends are going to WDW for the first time and need more than the 4 ME luggage tags (the yellow ones) :ohmy: How and can they get more? I never pack more than one or two suitcases for our trips so I have no idea. I don’t know what they are going to do with all that stuff for the week they are there. Each person is taking a suitcase plus a loaded up carry on. I try to keep telling them that they don’t need that much stuff and that using compression bags helps a whole lot but I not sure it is sinking in. :pinch: Does anyone else pack that much?

Thanks so much!!!

I am a compulisive overpacker! I figure if the bag still has room SHOVE it in! LOL…I am a “what if” kind of person…

For the 6 of us we only had 3 (2 carry on sized and 1 large) bags and had more then enough pack as we could do laundry there. We did have other bags but they had food and swimming things.
I have never used magical express so I do not know how to get more. I would say buy a XL bags and instead of using med. sized and don’t pack pool towels, re-use shorts the next day, do laundry mid way through the time…it only takes 1 hour and saves space.

You can make additional ones. I used my scanner and scanned 2 more for us. I was told by southwest I could do this.

We usually take 2 bags per person, so if they don’t send me enough tags, I call and request more.

You can call and request more tags.

Thank you!!!

The only problem is that Southwest Airlines has NOTHING to do with Disney’s Magical Express!!! You can’t ask them about DME … they know nothing about it, and they don’t have to know anything about it because it has nothing to do with them!

The Disney’s Magical Express tags are not used by any airline. PERIOD. The DME tag comes into play after the bags are unloaded from the airplane in the destination city. Employees inside the airport pull the DME-tagged bags as they travel from airplane to baggage claim carousel. It’s a high-tech version of tying some yellow yarn onto the suitcase handle … all it does is alert Disney that they are responsible for that bag and they need to pull it and bring it to their own luggage sorting facility on the grounds of the airport.

PLEASE, don’t ask airlines questions about DME. They have nothing to do with it.

[QUOTE=Dawn;1050492]I searched for this answer but most of the replies were about 4 years old so I figured I would just ask since it will be the fastest way to find out.

My friends are going to WDW for the first time and need more than the 4 ME luggage tags (the yellow ones) :ohmy: How and can they get more? I never pack more than one or two suitcases for our trips so I have no idea. I don’t know what they are going to do with all that stuff for the week they are there. Each person is taking a suitcase plus a loaded up carry on. I try to keep telling them that they don’t need that much stuff and that using compression bags helps a whole lot but I not sure it is sinking in. :pinch: Does anyone else pack that much?

Thanks so much!!![/QUOTE]

DME sends out 1 luggage tag per person. They do this as a money-saver and to “be green” … most people are checking only one bag per person these days.

But DME will send you all the tags you need, you just have to ask! Call DME directly at 866-599-0951 and request as many as you need and they’ll send them to you.

You mention how mahy bags your friends are taking. Are they CHECKING more than one bag per Disney guest? In other words, if there are 4 of them going, are they checking more than 4 suitcases with the airline. I ask this to avoid confusion, because I want to make sure everyone realizes that CARRY-ONS do NOT use DME tags. Carry-ons stay in your possession, they do not get DME tags put on them. DME tags are only for bags that Disney is automatically handling and then delivering to your room.

[QUOTE=CleveRocks;1051116]DME sends out 1 luggage tag per person. They do this as a money-saver and to “be green” … most people are checking only one bag per person these days.

But DME will send you all the tags you need, you just have to ask! Call DME directly at 866-599-0951 and request as many as you need and they’ll send them to you.

You mention how mahy bags your friends are taking. Are they CHECKING more than one bag per Disney guest? In other words, if there are 4 of them going, are they checking more than 4 suitcases with the airline. I ask this to avoid confusion, because I want to make sure everyone realizes that CARRY-ONS do NOT use DME tags. Carry-ons stay in your possession, they do not get DME tags put on them. DME tags are only for bags that Disney is automatically handling and then delivering to your room.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your input. But yes they plan on checking more than 1 bag per person:blink: I hope it all works out for them. I think they just scanned them and reinforced them with packing tape to “laminate” them. I hope it works…If not they will learn that they really didn’t need all that stuff any way :happy: