Need opinions from those who have used the DDP

For those of you who have used the basic DDP, all I really want to know is…

Was it enough food?

Did you have to supplement with extra snacks/meals at all? If so, how much/how often?

DH and I are re-thinking Deluxe Dining, due to the fact that we have both been eating healthier since the new year and our stomachs have shrunk! (We realized how much our appetites have changed when we ordered a pizza for the first time in a while and couldn’t come close to eating as much as we used to!)

We are not big breakfast eaters, so I think we will be fine just munching on a granola bar or something on our way out the door in the morning. But the thought of going from three full-service meals to one TS and one CS seems like a drastic drop so I’m debating. :dry:

Any thoughts/opinions are appreciated!

It was definitely enough food.
I had worried about my constantly feeding boys not getting enough but it really was enough. DH and I don’t snack, so the boys used our snack points and we still had some left over by the time the trip was over.

We’ve done the DDP and there is SO much food that on our last day the four of us had 14 snack credits left over and we found ourselves in the food court at SSR right before departure loading up on snacks for the long drive home. I couldn’t begin to imagine how much food the deluxe plan offers and how much of your day you would spend eating! Even with all the walking we do on an average day at WDW, there would be NO way to walk off all that food, lol!

I was worried when we used it , especially about the snack credits, but we got so much with the basic plan and we just didn’t feel like eating outside of our meals so we ended up with A LOT of snack credits left. We had so many snack credits to use on our last day-we stocked up for our car ride home! We also just had the kids eat poptarts for breakfast and that was enough for them. We are not big breakfast eaters either. We’ll definitely use the basic plan next year when we go, anything more will be too much.

Thanks guys! I feel a lot better about it now. I know the Deluxe plan would be waaaay too much for us, but I wanted to make sure we weren’t going to go hungry if we downgraded.

DDP was enough food for our family we used it in the heat of JUNE and the Christmas period late November.

If we did have any extras it was only ice cream. we are not big breakfast eaters so just took some breakfast bars with us.

We have never had deluxe but it sounds way to much food plus you will spend your vacation in restaurants and not having fun in the park.

I think the deluxe plan would only be worth it if you were to do a lot of 2 TS credit meals. If not, 3 sit down meals a day means you would be eating ALL day long.

I did the regualr plan for the first time last trip and it was plenty of enough food. We even had 7 snacks left over.

You definitely won’t go hungry…we mixed up sitdowns (like Le Cellier) with buffet dinners (like Crystal Palace) and it worked out well. I still wish we’d have the option of appetizer or dessert (I did pass on a few desserts because I couldn’t take the sweets anymore). Like others have said I think we left with some unused snack credits (and maybe even an unused CS), but we still got our money’s worth out of the plan.

Next week my sister and I are trying the CS plan…we’ll see how well that goes…

Fear not. :happy:

Although now that the appetizers aren’t included, I think I’d have trouble not order some of them anyway. Not because I NEED them… but because they’re yummy. :laugh:

We have used DDP (basic plan) 4 years and it’s always been enough food. We often have snack credits left (except for this past summer when we used them for water bottles)

I agree the Regular DDP is plenty. We also had extra snacks left over because we just we’re hungry to use them! I would never do the deluxe. First of all too much food, second, I think you would be spendiing all your time eating, and not enjoying DW.

We’ve done the regular DDP twice now and the deluxe DDP once.
The regular DDP was plenty of food, even without the appetizer and dessert.
We seemed to have snacks or CS meal credits left each time.
The only reason we did the deluxe once was it was only my DH and I and we wanted to try some of the more “expensive” restaurants that take 2 TS credits.
A couple of things we saw with the basic DDP in October:

1. some of the restaurants were offering special “meals” that counted as one TS credit that included an appetizer, entree, and dessert. Usually it was a choice of 1-3 of their appetizers/entrees/desserts. It was priced lower than it would have been to order each separately for those paying cash.
  2. we found one or two instances where we were able to get an appetizer instead of a dessert. If you are trying to eat healthier, it may be worth asking, worst they can say is no.

[QUOTE=jimbo;932581]DDP was enough food for our family we used it in the heat of JUNE and the Christmas period late November.

If we did have any extras it was only ice cream. we are not big breakfast eaters so just took some breakfast bars with us.

We have never had deluxe but it sounds way to much food plus you will spend your vacation in restaurants and not having fun in the park.[/QUOTE]
This is EXACTLY what happened to us. We feel missed alot because we were either going to our adr’s or stuck in a sit down meal for 2-3 hrs.

it is plenty of food… especially if you are not breakfast eaters. dh is… i usually have tea… and then eat a late lunch… and late dinner.

[QUOTE=dznygrl;932548]For those of you who have used the basic DDP, all I really want to know is…

Was it enough food?..

Any thoughts/opinions are appreciated![/QUOTE]

It is MORE than enough food. I couldn’t imagine eating on the deluxe plan and still being able to walk. We’ve done the DDP three times and had to diet everytime when we got home!:laugh:

Wow its more than enough the basic DDP- and my DH has a very healthy appetite especially on vacation- we had a ton of snack credits left over and exchanged them for candy to bring back as gifts so not to waste them. I also thing we had a couple of TS left over too.

[QUOTE=dznygrl;932548]For those of you who have used the basic DDP, all I really want to know is…

Was it enough food?

Did you have to supplement with extra snacks/meals at all? If so, how much/how often?

DH and I are re-thinking Deluxe Dining, due to the fact that we have both been eating healthier since the new year and our stomachs have shrunk! (We realized how much our appetites have changed when we ordered a pizza for the first time in a while and couldn’t come close to eating as much as we used to!)

We are not big breakfast eaters, so I think we will be fine just munching on a granola bar or something on our way out the door in the morning. But the thought of going from three full-service meals to one TS and one CS seems like a drastic drop so I’m debating. :dry:

Any thoughts/opinions are appreciated![/QUOTE]

The basic plan is more than enough food.

I think we eat a lot when were on vacation but the basic plan totally kicked my butt. I was so sick of eating and food after 10 days of the basic plan. We’re to the point that we skip the plan and just buy what we want when we want it.

The basic is FINE!

We do end up supplementing it though . . . I buy coffee and water/drink outta pocket, cuz I think they are a waste of snack credits.

PLUS, for breakfast counter service an adult gets two drinks, cold and hot, so I get coffee, and then DD9 will get a bagel (snack) and I’ll give her my cold drink. DD5 will get Mickey head waffles which is a CS, and that leaves me with an extra counter.

Cosmic Rays “VALUE MEAL” is huge, and we can all share it for lunch . . . so it takes a little juggling to use the plan to the MAX, but it is a LOT of food, I always leave with snacks in my bag . . . and over Xmas I had more chocolate cake counter service desserts in my mini fridge, then I could count! :laugh: (We’d use them for additional snacks the kids could eat during a show or fireworks.)

You aren’t alone. We picked up snacks for the flight back.

Unless you want to be rolled out, or you are plannig a bunch of 2 TS locations I would stick with the standard or nothing.

We ususally check in during the evening so we really have 1 more day of dining credits than days so we still get PLENTY to be sure.

I used the DDP last year and loved it! My boys and I aren’t huge breakfast eaters so we ate in our room, just donuts or something. Then use or quick service and snack during the day and have our table service in the evening. This year though I have made all of our ADR’s for about 6 pm because I found out last year that having dinner at 7 or 8 made the boys way to tired to eat.