Need restaurant advise

Planning our 1st DLR trip and I need help!

We’re going to Hawaii for 8 days and then on the way home we are stopping in CA for 3 days, so we’ll have 2 full days at DLR.

I bought the Unofficial Guide and I think it’s making me more confused. So…I’ll take baby steps in the planning.

First…where to eat. Depending on any “good deal” I can get at a DL resort, I am looking at staying at DLH, PP or HoJo’s. We will most likely eat all meals at DCA and DL. If you only had 2 days in the parks what are 2 counter service (for lunch/dinner) and 2 sit-downs you would recommend? Blue Bayou and Napa Rose are out since we don’t want anything too high-end.

I remember reading about “soup in a bread bowl” and monte-cristo sandwiches and that’s all I know :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=ssn;987910], so we’ll have 2 full days at DLR.

First…where to eat.

If you only had 2 days in the parks what are 2 counter service (for lunch/dinner) and 2 sit-downs you would recommend? Blue Bayou and Napa Rose are out since we don’t want anything too high-end.

I remember reading about “soup in a bread bowl” and monte-cristo sandwiches and that’s all I know :)[/QUOTE]

MY MOST FAVORITE RESTAURANT is Jazz Kitchen. Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner, it’s worth a trip.

Second fallback is STORY TELLER’S CAFE at the Grand Californian. Buffet or menu. Never disappointed.

Two breakfasts:
La Brea Bakery Cafe can be a sit down or counter service. If you get there early enough, you can eat while waiting for the park to open
Carnation Cafe on Main Street is another.

Two lunches:
Pacific Wharf Cafe has soup in a bowl in California Adventure
Cafe Orleans has a good monte cristo
Almost all the restaurants in New Orleans Square have soup in bread bowls

Two dinners:
This is a tough one. I have never done the evening meal in Disneyland. I always ate in Downtown Disney or offsite.
Wine Country Trattoria is a sit down, where I had lunch. I could recommend that for an in park evening… :pirate: