Need smore making advise

My DD is at the BC right now and they went to watch the movie on the beach last night. The had the smores thing but it was 7 bucks and DD didn’t want to pay that, so I’m bring stuff. (Aren’t I a great grandma, I asked so humbly :laugh:) What do you use for the sticks?

You can buy the metal sticks at Walmart!

Camping we always just used old metal hangers bent into a fork shape.

Dumb question of the day…how long should the stick be? I’d be happy cut down a few hangers.

Be careful with metal which will conduct the heat to little fingers. And TSA might have issues with long metal spikey things on the plane!

DD said they just used sticks from trees. So I said I’ll bring the marshmellow, etc,and she’s in charge of sticks.

When I was a kid, I would toast the marshmellow using a fork over the gas flame on the kitchen stove. That’s as close to camping I got.

So thanks for the advise. I’m getting off the computer now. Always things to do before we leave in 12 hrs…for 12 days…whoo hoo

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1007319]DD said they just used sticks from trees. So I said I’ll bring the marshmellow, etc,and she’s in charge of sticks.

When I was a kid, I would toast the marshmellow using a fork over the gas flame on the kitchen stove. That’s as close to camping I got.

So thanks for the advise. I’m getting off the computer now. Always things to do before we leave in 12 hrs…for 12 days…whoo hoo[/QUOTE]

i used to cook mine over a cigarette lighter!

My kids make them in the microwave:rolleyes:

Don’t use hangers if you can avoid it. I have seen poke injuries and burn injuries from hangers. Sticks from bushes and trees are perfect!

If you head to Camping World, Cabela’s or some other outdoor store, they sell telescopic sticks that will collapse down to 12". Easy to store in a drawer and reusable. That’s the upscale model of smore sticks…alternative suggestion? Good ole branch will do…just be kind to the tree you choose!

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1007319]DD said they just used sticks from trees. So I said I’ll bring the marshmellow, etc,and she’s in charge of sticks.

So thanks for the advise. I’m getting off the computer now. Always things to do before we leave in 12 hrs…for 12 days…whoo hoo[/QUOTE]

The sticks are only .75¢ each and can be purchased by themselves. I learned the $7 marshmallow kit, the hard way too. So last time we brought our own, and I was sharing them with all the kids!! :laugh::laugh:

Yeah, my friend who works @ US said you can buy the sticks seperately!:happy: We cant wait till we leave on the 2nd!:laugh:

Good to know. We bought a bag of marshmallows and a box of the graham crackers, but we only a small pack of chocolate. You know those packs of 8 -10 snack bars. So I’m guessing half a bar per smore??? When my DH went to the store to get the crackers, he calls, “there are three different flavors of graham crackers”. Never need making smores was so hard.:laugh::laugh:

Well, we are leaving in a 2 hours, getting out before the snow.

So Be good and God Bless.

Have FUN!!!

Three blocks of chocolate from a hershey bar is plenty for one smore anymore and they will be incredibly messy!