Need some info on this...Rumor control

I was told that there is a private residence near the Contemporary whose owner refused to sell his land long ago. I hear there is a private road to a house there.
Is any of this true?

I guess the secret is out… I am holding off until they offer me AT LEAST one trillion dollars.

:pinch: :laugh:

[kidding]

:laugh: at Wish
Honestly this is the first I’ve ever heard of this. This might be a good question for Anita Answer:Anita Answer!

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;907884]I guess the secret is out… I am holding off until they offer me AT LEAST one trillion dollars.

[kidding][/QUOTE]

you are so bad :laugh:

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;907884]I guess the secret is out… I am holding off until they offer me AT LEAST one trillion dollars.

[kidding][/QUOTE]

I’m just a couple billion short. Would you consider coming down on the price a bit. I’ll keep one of the quest rooms available for just you and Daniel.:laugh:

I’ve never heard of/seen such a thing. If its a secret its well guarded!

[kidding][/QUOTE]

Oh so “buying” BLT was just a :ph34r:

My guess that it is not true. I know that there are very few people that live on Disney property (like 20) somewhere… I think that there is a very small neighborhood (think trailer park community) somewhere. Not quite the story in question…

I guess that we could look on Google Earth.

[kidding][/QUOTE]

A trillion dollars now a days get you like what…a dolewhip?

I find that quite doubtful. The story went that Walt bought up all the land around there (under pseudonyms) before anyone knew it was worth anything.
Wasn’t it all the proverbial “Florida swampland” before then?

Of course, there could be a house underground somewhere. :laugh: The whole MK is built up one story from the ground.

Well, I think DOLL nailed it. If you think about it, it was all swampland, the house would have to have gone up after Walt bought the land.

The only thing I can think of is the Lake Buena Vista Resort, which seems to be right in the middle of WDW - it always seemed a bit odd for another resort to be built there. Maybe it was private land at some point.

You guys remember I lived there for a while. Until they found my tent.

And I ran out of beer.

:nuke:[QUOTE=ddoll;907995]I find that quite doubtful. The story went that Walt bought up all the land around there (under pseudonyms) before anyone knew it was worth anything.
Wasn’t it all the proverbial “Florida swampland” before then?

Of course, there could be a house underground somewhere. :laugh: The whole MK is built up one story from the ground.[/QUOTE]

This is correct! Next time you are walking down Main St. USA look at the second story windows. The names of the businesses etched on the Glass are the names of the fake companies that Walt used to make his purchases.

Check out site for the Reedy Creek Improvement District, which is bizarrely not a city, nor a county. Very interesting reading:

Reedy Creek Improvement District - Lake Buena Vista,Florida

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;908026]You guys remember I lived there for a while. Until they found my tent.

And I ran out of beer.[/QUOTE]

it was a tent? Gee and all this time I thought it was a rock you climbed out from under…bwaa haa haa…:laugh:

I don’t know about the road etc, but I believe that at one time there were one or more small properties embedded in the disney property. The land around Bay Lake was a pain to acquire as it had been subdivided years ago and sold as housing sights. They had a heck of time tracking down the owners to buy all of the lots.

The land where they are building the Hilton etc resort was never acquired by Disney. The big thing about it is that on the other side of I-4 was land owned by the same person that owns the land that the hilton is being built on. Disney refused to let them build a road connecting to their internal road network, saying that they could just build an overpast to the other side of I-4. The landowner took Disney to courts and the court sided on the landowner’s side.