Need to vent about something

Today some girl at work(she will be called nameless) comes to me and tells me she is going to WDW for 6 nights with free DDP. I’m totally excited for her and immed pull out my Disney info and ask her where she is making ADRs for. I also advise her when her 90 day mark is so she can start making the ressies. She looked at me like I was nuts and said that her TA told her to count the 90 day mark from the first day checking in as if it waas the last and do it everyday untill she gets the full 6 nights. For some reason I don’t get it but the way she explained it to me its like this…for example if she was checking in on Sept 1st act like that’s your last day in WDW and make an adr and keep doing it once a day untill you have all the days you need. She said the TA told her it gives her an extra week jump on everyone else going the week she is. I’m totally ticked about this because she acts like it was no big deal. Sorry all! Just had to vent and Ed (DH) is tired of hearing my Disney issues :laugh:

I don’t get this at all. :confused: Doesn’t Disney know when you’re checking in? How can you pretend that your first day is your last day? I’m totally lost on this one…can anybody help?

Thata what I was wondering too but she said that she was going to act like a non disney property guest and that really set me off.

I think nameless knows you are a fanatic and made it up. I think she is trying to push you DB. (Disney Button)…lol

One of the perks of being on site is that you get to make one phone call to make all reservations for the week. Who wants to call Disney everyday? (ok, wrong place to ask that). Anyway. They do know if you are staying on or off property, and they can tell. (based on the lady that I talked to when I was making ADR’s) It is perk of people staying onsite not to have to spend forever and a day on hold for a solid week 90 days before your vacation. She does not realize what a gold mine she is sitting on…More ADR’s for the rest of us.

worry about yourself,some people for some reason think life is like high school,enjoy your disney life and let her have hers…disney has its special moments for YOU>>>>

thanks all i guess your right. I think it makes me sick thinking she will be eating at CRT by cheating the system and i need to worry it out. Im going to tell her like it is today.

I don’t see how she’s going to cheat the system. I have had to give a reservation number in order to book a day past my 90 day mark. Maybe not every CM asks for one but the ones I’ve talked to have needed a reservation number in order to book past 90 days out.

That’s what I was thinking too. My husband told me not to sweat the small things but again it bugs me. I actually printed some things out online highlighted it and stuck it on her desk.

Hee! This made me giggle. :laugh:

I hear your frustration! One of the things I LOVE about the Disney customer service is that when I call to make my ADRs I can do it all in one phone call & the rep is always SOOO helpful. I say let “nameless” figure it out for herself…we know we’ll be having a great time & great meals!

I understand your frustration. I think she is either messing with you or she misunderstood what the travel agent said. When I give advice to friends or coworkers who are planning trips they seem to not understand how a lot of things work even though they have talked to a travel agent or read about it. Heck some travel agents don’t even understand how things work! :blink: Don’t worry about it, sometimes you just have to smile and move on.

I’m about to tell her no need for ADRs and that they take walk ups :laugh: hmmmmmm…nevermind…well…hmmmmm

Is this really that big of an issue for you? :huh:

Ummm… if any of us were to point fingers, wouldn’t that be akin to the pot calling the kettle black?
:laugh::blush::pirate:

[QUOTE=MerlinMatt;957200]Ummm… if any of us were to point fingers, wouldn’t that be akin to the pot calling the kettle black?
:laugh::blush::pirate:[/QUOTE]

No.

I find it strange (and if I were the person, I’d be slightly bugged) at someone being insistent that I change the way I’m doing something). Friendly advice is one thing, but repeated advice and printouts is… :mellow:

I dunno, I just let people do their own thing their own way. :confused:

[QUOTE=tinkerbelle24;957119]her TA told her to count the 90 day mark from the first day checking in as if it waas the last and do it everyday untill she gets the full 6 nights. For some reason I don’t get it but the way she explained it to me its like this…for example if she was checking in on Sept 1st act like that’s your last day in WDW and make an adr and keep doing it once a day untill you have all the days you need. She said the TA told her it gives her an extra week jump on everyone else going the week she is. /QUOTE]

I don’t think this will work as smoothly for her as she thinks. It is my understanding that only Disney guests can book 10 days out from their 90 day mark, so Disney will ask for a reservation number to confirm she is staying “on site”.

I have a feeling Disney will greatly amend the Disney Reservation system shortly. With the great interest that the Disney Dining Plan has created in the Disney Restaurants, I predict (my opinion only) that soon only Disney Resort Guests will be able to make reservations ahead of time and all “off site” people will have to be walk-ups or only able to make a reservation the day of dining.

[QUOTE=Kippage;957204]No.

I find it strange (and if I were the person, I’d be slightly bugged) at someone being insistent that I change the way I’m doing something). Friendly advice is one thing, but repeated advice and printouts is… :mellow:

I dunno, I just let people do their own thing their own way. :confused:[/QUOTE]
Oh, I was looking at it completely the other way around.

When I find out that someone’s planning a WDW trip, I always tell them that I’m mildly obsessed with Disney planning. If they look at me like I have three heads, I change the subject.

BUT, if they ask for my help, then there’s no holding me back. I used the Reservation tool to have maps printed up for a buddy of mine who was taking his two young kids. I’ve sent people here… and to AllEars.

So, I don’t really tell anyone how they should do anything, but I give as much advice as anyone can take.
:laugh:
:blow:

I doubt it. Disney has absolutely no problem with restaurants being overbooked. I think the 10-day window for on-site folks is all the incentive that anyone needs to stay on property.

Disney has made an art of the “upsell.” Disney will never cut off something from “lower levels” of spending, but will always make it more attractive to spend “just a little more.” The Value resorts are putting a lot of pressure on the off-property hotels because access to transportation and the 90+10 thing for ADRs.

Then, once you’re onsite, you’re tempted to upgrade to the Mod’s for better dining and other amenities (like room service).

Then, when you see that the deluxe’s are so close… you see where I’m going?

I think Disney has the ADR’s tweaked just right. I don’t think anything major will change anytime soon.

[QUOTE=MerlinMatt;957209]I doubt it. Disney has absolutely no problem with restaurants being overbooked. I think the 10-day window for on-site folks is all the incentive that anyone needs to stay on property.

Disney has made an art of the “upsell.” Disney will never cut off something from “lower levels” of spending, but will always make it more attractive to spend “just a little more.” The Value resorts are putting a lot of pressure on the off-property hotels because access to transportation and the 90+10 thing for ADRs.

Then, once you’re onsite, you’re tempted to upgrade to the Mod’s for better dining and other amenities (like room service).

Then, when you see that the deluxe’s are so close… you see where I’m going?

I think Disney has the ADR’s tweaked just right. I don’t think anything major will change anytime soon.[/QUOTE]

Like I said, my opinion only, but if I am paying for the Dining Plan and calling 90+ days out and still not able to get the restaurants that I want, then why would I pay for the Dining Plan to eat at restaurants that are just “okay” to me? I would rather eat at a good QS for less money than at a TS that is just okay. We always stay on-site and I always have our ADR’s figured out well in advance, so this does not bother me much, however, I have definately been turned-off from booking a last-minute Disney trip with DDP because I know I can’t get into the places that I want.

I also feel for people that don’t realize you have to be so vigilant with reservations and they unknowingly pay for the DDP at booking only to find out they can’t get into many restaurants that they want to.

I think Disney has made a great choice to offer a DDP, but I still think there is work to be done.

Again, my opinion only.