Need your Fix...Some great videos here

This guy Martin has some really great videos along with History and multi angle HD shots.

I loved the Reflections of Earth Mega edit. (Finally get to see whats on that globe!)

Loads of stuff from all parks.

Be sure to look at the top menus as well as the recent posts.

Epcot - Martin’s Videos

Thank you a good fix.

I liked the long exposure shot on the summer nightastic 2010 video showing the crowds filling up.

He really needs to learn how to count to 4 and 8 as well as changing shots on the beat, especially that every fourth beat, the down beat.
This has to be an Orlando native. In order to come up with 20+ shots with only one camera and one person, that will take 20+ nights.
One thing I didn’t like was his “desire” to show as many lights turning on and off in isolation rather than showing all of the lights going out at once when “Mr Voice “blows” out the candle”, which is better represented by a single wide shot showing as many lanterns and lights all going out at once, and the same goes for the lighting of the lanterns at 15 minutes before showtime. They don’t go on one by one, they all go on at once.

I still have to watch all the way through, but overall it’s not bad.

OK, time to be more nitpickey.
Let’s start with the whole Peace On Earth tag.
It’s badly out of sync!
In Martin’s attempt to show absolutely every small detail and to show the globe on close up as much as possible, he’s managed to insert shots that were seconds off and at the same time missed large parts of the big picture. Again, he also has problems keeping his whole project in sync.
At the end of the regular IllumiNations, during the Celebration/Meaning segment, if you do not have the image and audio in sync, you get the lyric “take the future in your hand” and then you see the hands shaking all around the world. Properly synced, as the words “take the future in your hand”, all hands must be in full handshake on “your hand”. Martin doesn’t. Believe it or not, THIS IS THE ACTUAL MESSAGE OF REFLECTIONS OF EARTH! The visual of everyone around the world shaking hands combined with the lyric is a 100% Walt Disney moral to the story/ending. The meaning being, we’re all in this together, regardless of who and where we are.
So, if you can’t get what could be considered the culmination of the story in sync, you loose some of the message and some of the meaning. (But that’s just me)
That’s the biggest gripes. Keeping things in proper synchronization is more important than showing every minute detail. The worst evidence of this is I killed my audio tracks while keeping his up and my own video was in perfect sync to the sound of the explosions while his often was not.

Overall, I’d grade his as a C.
Next time I would not try to juggle 20+ shots. I think the most I’ve ever used on any one Illuminations video would be around 10, and that starts to be too much!

Thanks for sharing the link Bribren, me and DH spent a good hour looking through some great footage.

I don’t know about the technical stuff Doug is talking about, but I like the history on some of the stuff. I like the three land videos showing the changes throughout the years. He has a lot of background data that’s for sure.

The Norway one is good as well. I didnt know the pavilion was built around the restrooms. I like that backstory.

Great find…thank you!!! Can’t wait to get home tonight and watch some of these…just what I needed with only about 30 days to go until we visit THE mouse!!!

[QUOTE=bribren;1079030]I don’t know about the technical stuff Doug is talking about, but I like the history on some of the stuff. I like the three land videos showing the changes throughout the years. He has a lot of background data that’s for sure.

The Norway one is good as well. I didnt know the pavilion was built around the restrooms. I like that backstory.[/QUOTE]

I only watched about 10 min of Norway, but I look forward to watching a lot more. I love the backstories.

Thank you.