Nestlé Toll House cookie-making session in The Land?

Does anyone remember the Nestlé Toll House cookie-making sessions they used to offer downstairs in The Land, before Sunshine Seasons was renovated?

I have a video and pictures of my older daughter doing this when she was about 4, so circa 2003-2004. I thought this was a goner when they revamped the Sunshine Seasons food court in 2005, but I just saw in “The Complete Idiot’s Guide to WDW,” 2009 Edition, this paragraph in a tip box:

[I] “A sweet treat can be found around the corner from the Sunshine Season Food Fair in The Land Pavilion. A display kitchen sponsored by Nestlé (as in Toll House cookies!) is nestled in the back of the room. They have regularly scheduled cooking classes where kids can get in on the act, and the results are delicious cookies. Yum!”[/I]

(Source:  [The Complete Idiot's Guide to Walt ... - Google Books](http://books.google.com/books?id=bcWlQSw0CMEC&pg=PA159&lpg=PA159&dq=sunshine+seasons+cookie&source=bl&ots=okg_JP65zi&sig=ppIjmanehms7EUhpepI_c48ayEg&hl=en&ei=2rzhS6uBLY-c8ATr8bmTAw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=7&ved=0CCcQ6AEwBg#v=onepage&q&f=false))

I’m wondering if maybe this is a hidden attraction (I use the term “attraction” loosely) that still remains. My DD4 has seen the video of her older sister doing this and was bummed when I told her it was no longer there…but maybe there’s hope after all… :confused: Anyone know?

I do remember that attraction, and, sadly, I also remember a while back someone posting that it had been closed.:frown:

Oh, man…I may have just found the answer to my own question, and not the one I was hoping for.

From allears.net:
Nestlé’s Junior Chef Program ended April 6, 2008
Nestle’s Junior Chef Program in the Land

So I guess the 2009 “Complete Idiots Guide” was also written by complete idiots? :huh:

Thanks, Missy…sounds like I should’ve done a search on here first. Oh well…there are still plenty of fun things for DD4 to do.

[QUOTE=Tinker Mel;1031465]

So I guess the 2009 “Complete Idiots Guide” was also written by complete idiots? :huh:[/QUOTE]

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

But I too was hoping it was coming back. My DGD was just old enough but it closed before we got back.:frown:

But I too was hoping it was coming back. My DGD was just old enough but it closed before we got back.:frown:[/QUOTE]

Me too. It really was cute and so much fun for little ones. One of my favorite things about Epcot is all the non-ride attractions that let kids explore…just wish they still had this one since DD4 already loves cooking.

It was very cute! I’m sad it closed too. Maybe Nestle just didn’t want to sponsor anymore?

Mel … If it makes you feel better, I could put on a Nestle Toll House Cookie eating session in front of the Land ??? :laugh:
Of course I would need some frosty beverages to wash them down …you understand :laugh:

[QUOTE=WALL;1031511]Mel … If it makes you feel better, I could put on a Nestle Toll House Cookie eating session in front of the Land ??? :laugh:
Of course I would need some frosty beverages to wash them down …you understand :laugh:[/QUOTE]

Ha!! That was good! :laugh:

(I think you’ve been hanging around near Boss for too long)

[QUOTE=WALL;1031511]Mel … If it makes you feel better, I could put on a Nestle Toll House Cookie eating session in front of the Land ??? :laugh:
Of course I would need some frosty beverages to wash them down …you understand :laugh:[/QUOTE]

:laugh::laugh::laugh:This post reminds me of my niece, who is now 9. When she was very little, probably 2 or 3, she was saying her prayers with my sister-in-law at bedtime, and she thanked God for cookies and beer!:eek::laugh: I guess she had really been paying attention to what her daddy, my brother, was doing!:laugh:

sounds like it would have been a lot of fun, sorry I missed it

I loved Jr Chef at Epcot. I have such wonderful memories of my then 5 year old DD and my then turning 7 on the trip nephew baking cookies trying to take over the class. Boy, my sister and I are still laughing about that day at Epcot. Awwee… Memories…