New AK attraction

I was just reading an online article from the Orlando Sentinel that says that an avatar inspired area will be coming to disney’s Animal Kingdom park. The possibilities of this new area are almost limitless!

<b>Pictures:</b> Orlando’s newest rides and attractions - OrlandoSentinel.com

sorry if the link doesnt come thru…

ok, after I looked at it again, I noticed the dates are pretty old… but it would be interesting!

We talked about it when it was first announced and opinions were mixed.
The biggest impression was confusion why Disney would license this property when they could come up with something of their own.

I would be more in favor of AK adding Saharaland which could be one blindingly hot sand dune over Avatarland.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1107354]We talked about it when it was first announced and opinions were mixed.
The biggest impression was confusion why Disney would license this property when they could come up with something of their own.[/QUOTE]

So is this in the works or an idea that didn’t move forward?

we just returned and our bus driver from AK told us that it was an expansion that would start next year & an avatar theme.

I’ll say it once and I’ll say it again, IMO they’re finally paving forward with ‘Beastly Kingdom’ but under the guise of Avatar Land. I did a big write up about it over at my blog -->
Saloca in Wonderland: Avatar expansion paving the way for Beastly Kingdom?

It looks at the reminants of what was to be ‘Beastly Kingdom’ and the Avatar Land plans that match the original Beastly Kingdom designs, as well as the original concept of Animal Kingdom.

[QUOTE=Campbell87;1107598]I’ll say it once and I’ll say it again, IMO they’re finally paving forward with ‘Beastly Kingdom’ but under the guise of Avatar Land. I did a big write up about it over at my blog -->
Saloca in Wonderland: Avatar expansion paving the way for Beastly Kingdom?

It looks at the reminants of what was to be ‘Beastly Kingdom’ and the Avatar Land plans that match the original Beastly Kingdom designs, as well as the original concept of Animal Kingdom.[/QUOTE]

Minus the Dueling Dragons twin roller coaster that wound up in IOA complete with a hidden Mickey in the rider queue anyway.
So are they going to put in an Avatar themed flying coaster?
(Think Alton Towers’ Air or Sea World’s Manta)

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1107649]Minus the Dueling Dragons twin roller coaster that wound up in IOA complete with a hidden Mickey in the rider queue anyway.
So are they going to put in an Avatar themed flying coaster?
(Think Alton Towers’ Air or Sea World’s Manta)[/QUOTE]

Forget that. I want to know if we’re going to see 9’ tall mostly naked blue women with tails? :wub:

You need help.:laugh:

And your point being??? :whistling

As has been the normal since you came back to MB, I’m just enjoying a good laugh to start my day courtesy of Cavey.