New BTMR-Interactive Queue

I received a link to this in a AAA newsletter…It’s a “first” look at the new interactive queue for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad…

To me, it looks like there are couple of things to do while you walk through—but not a whole lot…Still—it’s always nice to see a change in the waiting areas of rides…

The newsletter states the ride will reopen in a few weeks…

Just give me a fast pass lane that joins the main queue in the load station proper.

I would also be happy to skip the lines with a FP—but seeing all the talk about having to sign up and preplan for FP way ahead of time, for me, FPs won’t be much of an option anymore.

I will not plan out my trip to WDW hour for hour so I may just be standing in all the long lines again without a FP.

Oh, fun! I love all these new interactive lines!

…I didn’t realize they were planning one for BTMRR…I thought it was just closed for regular refurb. Where else have they put in interactive queues?

Little Mermaid, Test Track, Haunted Mansion has a little side step interactive line-- where else have they put them in…I can’t remember…

I think space mountain and soarin have interactive lines

I don’t remember seeing anything interactive at Soarin last summer…I may have had a FP to that one though…I don’t remember. We didn’t go on SM so I can’t say for that on…

Interesting…I didn’t realize they had changed the queue areas of so many attractions. :smile:

we just rode BTMRR last week

did it close when Splash Mountain re-opened

[QUOTE=dadofthree;1131760]we just rode BTMRR last week

did it close when Splash Mountain re-opened[/QUOTE]

I don’t know…I just remember someone on this board mentioning it was going to be closed. I get a newsletter from AAA and the video was in it today.

[QUOTE=smallworld;1131751]…I didn’t realize they were planning one for BTMRR…I thought it was just closed for regular refurb. Where else have they put in interactive queues?

Little Mermaid, Test Track, Haunted Mansion has a little side step interactive line-- where else have they put them in…I can’t remember…[/QUOTE]

Pooh has a very cool one

Ahhh—see? we didn’t do the Pooh ride last summer either…:laugh::laugh:

BTMR is one of the coasters I can still ride, lol!

I like the interactive things. It’s part of the ‘magic’.

Here are some photos of the new queue, taken last week! It is really fun, churning up electricity and so forth!!!

If I may brag a little, the lines were so short that we were running through, so not much time to play with the goodies – “Awwwwww shucks!” :laugh:

I was looking forward to checking out the new interactive stuff on my trip but we never made it to BTMRR.

That queue has always been one of the more torturous ones to me (along with Peter Pan) with all those narrow switchbacks winding on and on so adding something more fun to it seems like a great idea to me!

I saw it in space mountain, long wait and it helped for sure.

We saw the new queue when we were there the First week of March, but we too did not really have time to test them out. We were not running through, but it was moving very quickly and I think people behind us would have gotten impatient if we slowed down. Oh well, maybe there will be absolutely nobody in line next time we go and we can just stop to try them out.