New camper = Fort Wilderness stay!

We are a big camping family, but our 20 year old pop-up isn’t up to the trips anymore. After much searching and thinking and discussing, my family finally decided which camper we’d like to buy - a TrailManor. Not too long after that, a dealer called us and said they had a used one that had only been used ONCE available for us. The papers have been signed and we pick it up next weekend!!

So a new camper means that we need a test-run to make sure everything’s good for longer trips. And our test-run site has always been Fort Wilderness, because it’s so convenient - clean bathhouses, a general store right down the road, Camping World right down the interstate…

So, long story short, after years and years of missing FW, we plan to stay there in March!!! :happy::happy::happy: Baloo might even be coming along with us, since he’ll be up visiting me over his spring break. No plans set in stone yet, since we kind of just purchased a trailer and came up with this camping plan over the course of 2 days :laugh:, but I was just SO EXCITED over the fact that we’ll be camping again, AND that our first trip will be at FW… I just had to share. :blush:

Any fellow campers out there who understand my joy??? :laugh:

We tent camp or get a cabin at FW, but I would love to have a camper!! Congrats and happy camping!

I totally understand your joy!! FW is my favorite place!! Congrats on your new camper!!

Congratulations, I hope you have many fun trips in the new camper.

CONGRATS!!! I’ve never camped in a Camper before. BEST OF LUCK…and have fun at FW!!! :happy:

Thank you! :happy:

I would love to stay in the cabins!! I saw them on a Travel Channel special once, they look so nice. :heart:

Thank you! I see in your signature that you stay there quite a bit! We used to ONLY stay at FW, when our pop-up could handle it. It was so much fun… staying in a camper vs. a hotel is just a totally different experience, even in Disney!

OooOOO, how exciting!!! As a fellow Fort Wilderness lover I TOTALLY understand your excitement, I grew up 10 years in a camper at Fort Wilderness. :smile:

We had a Tioga Arrow. :tongue: But my Grandma sold it when I was 15 I think, haven’t stayed at Fort Wilderness since :sad:

Thank you, DT! :heart:

Thank you! :happy:

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;935028]OooOOO, how exciting!!! As a fellow Fort Wilderness lover I TOTALLY understand your excitement, I grew up 10 years in a camper at Fort Wilderness. :smile:

We had a Tioga Arrow. :tongue: But my Grandma sold it when I was 15 I think, haven’t stayed at Fort Wilderness since :sad:[/QUOTE]

I just looked at a Tioga Arrow on google - fancy!! :heart: Ours is smaller, it shrinks down to pull behind a car. (or truck, in my dad’s case :tongue:) There are 2 beds, one king and one full, and one of the couches pulls out into an awkward-shaped bed. The bathroom is pretty small… but I prefer a tiny bathroom to a hike in the woods… :laugh:

Here’s what ours looks like popped up:
http://trailmanorexpandables.com/images/04%203124KB%20%20%20SM.JPG
(This isn’t the one we’re buying but it’s the same model. It literally takes 10 minutes to set up, inside and out. The sides just kind of swing out - my mom and I did each side alone. MUCH better than the old hand-crank my dad had to use to set up our pop-up, which usually took at least an hour! :pinch:)

Here’s the floorplan:
http://www.camperoutlet.com/Portals/136/Model3124KBFP.gif

[QUOTE=PrincessJill;935036]I just looked at a Tioga Arrow on google - fancy!! :heart: Ours is smaller, it shrinks down to pull behind a car. (or truck, in my dad’s case :tongue:) There are 2 beds, one king and one full, and one of the couches pulls out into an awkward-shaped bed. The bathroom is pretty small… but I prefer a tiny bathroom to a hike in the woods… :laugh:

Here’s what ours looks like popped up:
http://trailmanorexpandables.com/images/04%203124KB%20%20%20SM.JPG
(This isn’t the one we’re buying but it’s the same model. It literally takes 10 minutes to set up, inside and out. The sides just kind of swing out - my mom and I did each side alone. MUCH better than the old hand-crank my dad had to use to set up our pop-up, which usually took at least an hour! :pinch:)

Here’s the floorplan:
http://www.camperoutlet.com/Portals/136/Model3124KBFP.gif[/QUOTE]

That is so awesome, I love it! See, my Grandparents never had a big truck to tow it so they needed one with a driver cab. I think they got it in 1984 new & we sold it in 1994 with WAY over 150,000 miles on it. But I LOVED that thing, it was like our own little home on the road. Camping is just the best, I miss it terribly!

PS: I TOTALLY remember the hand crank & how long it used to take my Grandparents to set up everything; the crank, the awning poles, the sewage lines, etc… :laugh: I used to run around our campsite ANXIOUS as an ant just cause I was DYING to go to the Magic Kingdom. :laugh:

We used to have a pop-up before the RV too, my Grandma used to yell at me all the time 'cause I would play with those little staps that tied down to the bed. Well, one time I guess I undid them & rolled out of the bed onto the ground outside. :pinch: Memories, memories.

PJ, that is awesome!! (What a cool new camper! :whistling) I loooove camping and think it would be so incredible to combine camping with a trip to WDW! :heart: I hope you guys have a blast!

Congratulations! That is a really nice pop-up. I hope you enjoy many happy trips to FW in that.

I love FW too, so I am excited for you!

haha we just discussed this yesterday! I was like, “I know it was hard work for you, dad, having to put that whole thing up by yourself… but it was hard work for 8-year-old me to be patient knowing that the Magic Kingdom was one short boat ride away!!!” :laugh:

omg!! I hope it wasn’t too big of a fall! My brother fell out the front door of my grandparent’s trailer when he was like 2 - faceplant. My mom was hysterical and my grandpa felt so guilty because it was his trailer!

But my brother turned out fine, so now it’s just a fun story to tell. :laugh:

Congratulations!!! It is always fun upgrading to a new camper. We also have a pop-up and we want to upgrade to an expandable, eventually. We’ve been scoping them out at the RV shows to narrow down which one we want.

I’ve camped in FW as a kid twice with my family and they are the fondest memories I have of WDW with my family! It was so much fun back then!!! DH does not want to spend over a week in the pop-up in WDW. Hopefully when we “finally” upgrade he will want to camp there.

Good luck and many voyages!!!

Thank you! :heart:

Of course, now that I started this thread, I’m being told that my brother’s busy high school schedule may not allow for a spring break trip. :glare: I know we’ll get to go eventually, but I got all excited for it being only a couple weeks away! :crying: That’ll teach me to start threads before plans are finalized… I jynx it!! :laugh:

[QUOTE=timkelmom;935056]Congratulations! That is a really nice pop-up. I hope you enjoy many happy trips to FW in that.

I love FW too, so I am excited for you![/QUOTE]

Thank you! We’re making all kinds of plans for this trailer… touring the southwest, going back up to Yellowstone, keeping a journal in it to record all our travels… :heart:

[QUOTE=hiner;935137]Congratulations!!! It is always fun upgrading to a new camper. We also have a pop-up and we want to upgrade to an expandable, eventually. We’ve been scoping them out at the RV shows to narrow down which one we want.

I’ve camped in FW as a kid twice with my family and they are the fondest memories I have of WDW with my family! It was so much fun back then!!! DH does not want to spend over a week in the pop-up in WDW. Hopefully when we “finally” upgrade he will want to camp there.

Good luck and many voyages!!![/QUOTE]

My family spent a LONG time scoping them out. It was kind of iffy for a long time, and then literally as soon as they decided they’d get one if they could find one, they found one!

oh, I have those campground memories too… I’m so happy we get to do it all over again. I hope you get to, too! :heart:

[QUOTE=PrincessJill;934991]

Any fellow campers out there who understand my joy??? :laugh:[/QUOTE]

We drove our rv from CA to WDW in 2005 and stayed in FW for 11 days. We loved it. It was our first trip to WDW and did not disappoint.

I like the new pop ups they have come out with. They are very light to tow but have all the features of a full size trailer when set up.

Congrats on the new rv and hope you have a great time in March!