New Country Bear Jamboree post refurb

I have read about the recent refurb of the Country Bears. It looks like the reviews are not good. Has anyone been there post refurb? The Country Bears hold a special place in my heart. My grandparents loved the Country Bears on their one and only trip to DW.

I didn’t think they had already worked on the Country Bears. What are people saying is not good?
I bet those animatronics got dusted and new clothes were sewn. What do people want? it is a hokey show and should be exactly that. Take it or leave it, right?

…is it reopened? I know it was closing down in Aug when we were there but I haven’t heard anything one way or the other about it since then…

I hope that it was not changed too much! I love that show.

New York Times Article: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/20/arts/country-bear-jamboree-at-walt-disney-world.html?_r=0

Here’s a video of the new show. It looks like they did put some new costumes on some of the Bears, and the audioanimatronics seem better, but hey have shortened the show but cutting one song that I noticed(“Fractured Folk Song”) along with some dialog. While the Bears needed sprucing up, I don’t care for the script and song changes, as the show has lost some of its humor and doesn’t seem to flow as well, at least IMHO.

Country Bear Jamboree 2012 edition - YouTube

[QUOTE=PeterMac;1123895]Here’s a video of the new show. It looks like they did put some new costumes on some of the Bears, and the audioanimatronics seem better, but hey have shortened the show but cutting one song that I noticed(“Fractured Folk Song”) along with some dialog. While the Bears needed sprucing up, I don’t care for the script and song changes, as the show has lost some of its humor and doesn’t seem to flow as well, at least IMHO.

Country Bear Jamboree 2012 edition - YouTube[/QUOTE]

The reviews on allears seem to agree with you. I agree the Bears needed some sprucing up, but it is a classic and should remain so.

I mean, we can only handle so much improvement and change at one time…

I’m still trying to get over Mickey and Minnie’s houses! (Even though I’m over the top excited for New Fantasyland) They can’t mess with The Bears too much!

I know… I’m serious about what I said. I can only handle so much change at a time. I mean what’s next?

…it IS hard when they make changes or close the attractions we love…I still miss Horizons…:crying:

Yep. I still never got to ride mr toads wild ride one last time before it went away, and I have never recovered. Now, I love Pooh, but still… And horizons, and world of motion, and the red buses moving through Epcot. I loved all of it.

Slow down WDW, I can barely handle all of this newness at once.

When I went to DL I was so excited to get to ride Mr. Toads Wild Ride. The poor teenagers I was with just didn’t understand.

I’m all for plussing the parks, and I understand that some things will be updated or even removed. However, I would never tamper with a classic, unless I was absolutely certain the change was an improvement. In the case of the Country Bears, just like when they changed the tiki room to “Under New management”, that is simply not the case.

I agree Peter Mac!

Here is another article…some positive comments some have negative comments…I guess we will just have to see it for ourselves…

Disney World Country Bear Jamboree Revised, Recut and Ruined?

(jaw dropping)

Just read the article.

MAX, BUFF, and MELVIN NO LONGER TALK??? Just sing a sad little bit at the end? This is a completely unacceptable state of affairs.

I am crushed. :crying:

[QUOTE=Andrea;1123940](jaw dropping)

MAX, BUFF, and MELVIN NO LONGER TALK??? Just sing a sad little bit at the end? This is a completely unacceptable state of affairs. :[/QUOTE]

…I know…I haven’t been in there in years…but never would have thought they would take away that part…

Just read the article.

MAX, BUFF, and MELVIN NO LONGER TALK??? Just sing a sad little bit at the end? This is a completely unacceptable state of affairs.

I am crushed. :crying:[/QUOTE]

I agree. It’s a travesty!

Just read the article.

I am crushed. :crying:[/QUOTE]

Yes, this stinks. I’m very unhappy about this. I hope they come to their senses.