New Details about Star Tours 2.0

Disney: Star Tours 2 to feature “54 different experiences”, new droids | Theme Park Tourist

Disney: Star Tours 2 to feature “54 different experiences”, new droids

Disney has released further details of Star Tours: The Adventures Continue, revealing that the updated ride will feature no fewer than 54 different possible experiences.

The claim, reported by the Orange County Register, would mean that guests on the new Star Tours attraction would take a different “journey” almost every time they ride it. The new version is set to replace the original Star Tours ride at both Disneyland and Disney’s Hollywood Studios in May 2011.

As well as aiming to increase the re-ride value of Star Tours: The Adventures Continue through the dynamic plotline, Disney is also introducing a host of new characters. These include Ace, a “Tour Droid” who will lead guests on their journey through the Star Wars universe, and Aly San San, a “Waitress Droid” who will act as a “spokesbot” for Star Tours.

The action in Star Tours: The Adventures Continue will take place in the period between the the “Star Wars” prequels and the original trilogy. As well as a fast-paced pod-racing sequence, the simulator ride will also see guests transported to Coruscant. The planet plays a key role in “Star Wars” galaxy, forming its physical center as well as acting as the capital of the evil Galactic Empire and the New Republic at different periods in the movies’ timeline.

Star Tours closed at Disneyland on July 27, with Disney’s Hollywood Studios’ version closing on September 8. The updated version is expected to open in May 2011 at both parks, although Disney is yet to officially confirm this. No announcements have been made regarding the Star Tours attractions at Disneyland Paris and Tokyo Disneyland.

(There’s an embedded video in this article with teaser footage of the new ride)

(Now tell me again why they couldn’t spend the money to do a complete rebuild of Space Mountain like they did in Disneyland)

Warning… Thinking too hard could be hazardous to your health. Even if you are 100% correct.
Can’t wait for it to reopen.

variable is a winner…just like the tower …originally only 4 sequences and now much much more

I’ll think however hard and however long as I please!:tongue:

I too can’t wait for it to open (well I can because I waited 18 years between Episode 6 and Episode 1).
I am anticipating it and also the Starspeeder 1000 ride vehicle model to add to my collection of ride vehicle models.

I wonder how many times I will have to ride before I have a repeat experience.

Looking forward to the update. Just in time for Star War Weekends!

Considering the reopening is scheduled for May, it’s just like every other Star Wars opening since the series premiered in 1977.

I can’t wait for ST2 to open, although I am bummed that I probably won’t get to see it this year as we’re already going in April.
Maybe next year.

[QUOTE=TK924;1052170]I can’t wait for ST2 to open, although I am bummed that I probably won’t get to see it this year as we’re already going in April.
Maybe next year.[/QUOTE]

Don’t you mean you won’t get to see it next year but maybe in 2012 considering almost half of 2011 will be gone by the time it opens or do you think you might get back next fall?

Oops. :blush: Yes, I mis-read and was thinking it would open this year (2010), but after re-reading the article it opens next year (2011).
Guess we’ll have to plan a 2011 trip after May. :happy:

wow, great changes. Can’t wait to check it out; just not sure when we are going back. :sad:

My DSS will be so excited. He is a BIG SW fan and we will be there in July:)

Perfect - We just booked flights for May, 22nd through June, 1st next year. It had better open at the expected time.