New dining plan

Can anyone explan the new dining plan? Is it true that the lowest level does not include appetizers and gratuity? How much per night per level? Thanks!

It’s true, the regular dining plan doesn’t include appetizers or gratuity now - and Disney will add “suggested” gratuity to every tab.

http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/wdw-restaurants/24957-dining-plan-faq.html
This thread will give you the updated info on the regular dining plan…as for the new deluxe, I believe it costs around $63 per person per night? (Someone correct me if I’m wrong?)

Here’s some info:

Disney Dining Plan

• $37.99 per guest 10 years old and over and
• $9.99 for children 3-9 years old.

Gratuities are NOT included.

For each night of your package, each Guest in your party enjoys:

1 table-service meal
1 adult table-service meal includes 1 entrée and 1 dessert (lunch or dinner only), 1 juice (breakfast only) and 1 single serving non-alcoholic beverage, or 1 full buffet.

1 child table-service meal includes 1 appetizer, 1 entrée, 1 dessert (lunch or dinner only) and 1 single serving non-alcoholic beverage, or 1 full buffet. Children ages 3-9 are limited to the Children’s Menu (if one is available) at table-service restaurants.

1 quick-service meal

1 quick-service meal includes 1 entrée or 1 complete Combo Meal, 1 dessert (lunch or dinner only) or 1 juice (breakfast only) and 1 single serving non-alcoholic beverage. Children ages 3-9 are limited to the Children’s Menu (if one is available) at quick-service restaurants.

1 snack
1 snack includes one of the following: frozen ice cream novelty, popsicle, fruit bar, popcorn scoop (single serving box), single serving grab bag of chips, single piece of whole fruit, 20-oz. bottle of Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite or Dasani water, medium fountain soft drink or juice, 12-oz. coffee, hot chocolate or hot tea.

Here’s some on the Deluxe Dining Plan:

Deluxe Dining Plan
Guests ages 10+: $69.99 per night
Guests ages 3 -9: $19.99 per night

Gratuities are NOT included

Table Service Restaurants

Full buffet & non-alcoholic beverage

OR

Appetizer, entree, non-alcoholic beverage and dessert (except at breakfast)

Quick Serve Restaurants

One entree OR one complete Combo Meal

One dessert (Lunch or Dinner) or one juice (breakfast)

One single serving of a non-alcoholic beverage

2 Snacks

Choice of: a frozen novelty ice cream, popsicle or fruit bar, single serving grab bag of Frito Lay’s chips, one 20 oz. bottle of Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite or Dansani Water, single piece of whole fruit, medium fountain soft drink or apple juice

Resort Refillable Drink Mug
1 per person, per package

Okay so the deluxe is about $70 a person…not 63 (I don’t really know where I got that number anyway! :laugh:). Thanks for that info ranedrops!!

We just did the Deluxe Plan on Jan 1 - 7. It was $69 a night I believe, and included everything listed above by ranedrops, per person per night. THe part that makes it worth it is that you can have any of your 3 meals per day at either a counter service or table service - your not limited to a set number of each. For us, we enjoyed table service 2 x per day, and it was worth it if you prefer table to counter.

I think this is something I would be interested in doing if I were taking a more resort-oriented trip, but I don’t know if I could do it during a normal park-hopping trip. Did you feel overly full all the time and/or rushed to reach ADRs?

Yes it sounds like it all depends on the kind of trip you are talking about doing. For some the Full Table service will be better.

So, with the new plan there is only two levels. The basic with no appetizers and no gratuity and the other with three table service credits (or however you want to use them)?

Yes that is what it sounds like

Yes that is correct!

ok, but for the regular dining plan, I cannot see what the value is now that it has changed… we just booked, but not the DP>>> I cannot justify the math to my accountant husband!!!

have you tried to look at menus, and add what you would get with and without the plan, to see which is the better deal?

Definitely felt too full ALOT. But I always do at WDW - I just tend to always be hungry there!

We did cancel a few ADRs - but that was the plan. We booked them to make sure we could eat table service if we wanted to, but agreed that if we weren’t up for one we weren’t going to let that plan our day for us. I think you need to have that frame of mind.

Also, we were just there in May so we were at a much more relaxed pace this trip. If we weren’t, eating so much table service might have gotten in the way.

Thanks! I am considering this for a future trip, and kinda wondered how you felt about it after trying it. :happy:

now he says that he wants to add it… guess that i am calling Disney!

just wondering how much tax and tip or maybe now its not worth it…

The childs meal includes an appitizer? That seems weird.

Lisa

Once more for the west coast:
Tax is included for entree, dessert, and beverage. Tip is not!
If you order anything that you pay out of pocket, then you’re responsible for additional tax. If you ordered nothing extra, you are only responsible for the tip out of pocket.