New Discount = PAID!

I am paid up on resort/tix. Still waiting to see what number our tax refund is going to land at before I choose from the 3 dining plans, but that will be paid in full as soon as I book it.

Oh MY!!! I am 3 weeks ahead of schedule. Just called the wife and said we can go out and eat tonight to celebrate the sacrifice of eating at home EVERY meal (leftovers to the neck).

I am pumped

Nice, way to go!

The boss and I just started talking about taking the DGS for his first trip, not in 2013, but perhaps in the Feb of 2014.

At least with this much pre-planning I might actually find some deals!

-Harry

The problem with too much pre-planning is some new deals come up after to book it!!

…but you can change things…if you purchase a package, you have up to 45 days out to make changes…if its just room and tickets, you have 72 hours out…this is one reason I don’t purchase a package…just get the room and tickets…that way, if something comes up and we have to cancel, there is no penalty…and even after the 72 hours deadline, I was told that I could put everything toward another date in the future without penalty…I am sure you can probably do the same with the packages…

In the past I have made changes due to special offers alot…

Smallworld - we just booked room and tix this time…no dining. I was afraid my $$$ situation would change too much one way or the other and not be able to pay the Package off before 45 days or I plan cheap and end up with something I dont want.

I made Dining Reservations as if we had a package somewhere between reg and deluxe. When IRS refund comes in, I’ll make the call on which package to add.

[QUOTE=smallworld;1128155]…but you can change things…if you purchase a package, you have up to 45 days out to make changes…if its just room and tickets, you have 72 hours out…this is one reason I don’t purchase a package…just get the room and tickets…that way, if something comes up and we have to cancel, there is no penalty…and even after the 72 hours deadline, I was told that I could put everything toward another date in the future without penalty…I am sure you can probably do the same with the packages…

In the past I have made changes due to special offers alot…[/QUOTE]

Packages can be changed to have dining added up until 4 days prior to arrival. You can add as much as you want it (extra people whatever) without any penalty. Penalties are only charged if the price goes down. And the penalty price is currently $50 and an additional $15 if you docs have already printed.

Room and tickets are considered a package when booked together and fall under the same policies as packages do with dining

[QUOTE=Dana;1128169]Packages can be changed to have dining added up until 4 days prior to arrival. You can add as much as you want it (extra people whatever) without any penalty. Penalties are only charged if the price goes down. And the penalty price is currently $50 and an additional $15 if you docs have already printed.

Room and tickets are considered a package when booked together and fall under the same policies as packages do with dining[/QUOTE]

Dana—When I booked ours, I booked the room way ahead of time, and then later booked the tickets to be available upon arrival. That means they are separate according to the CMs I talked to on the telephone…I cancelled out of the Magic Your Way hotel plus tickets. Once I found out that it was a package, I panicked in case we couldn’t go. So according to everything I had, I paid for room and then I paid for tickets…no type of package. I was told that for what I was getting, the only advantage to the MYW for just those 2 was the “extra” like a free 5x7 photo or something…

I need to go back and look at my paper work…you have me curious as to what it actually said. I think I still have it here somewhere… :smile:

Dana - yes my tix/room were package. When I told CM I was waiting til mid Feb to book dining…they said ok with the warning that it might not be available bc they sell “x” amount of dining packages per resort…is that right? or very rarely happen…?

I must have tossed my folder from my trip last August—it’s not in my file…but…I know that when my DD was trying to get the new teaching job last summer—we weren’t sure we would be able to go at all. I kept calling back and asking questions and they reassured me that I was not in a package—just the 72hour cancellation rule, and that the tickets were completely refundable even after that…only the room would be charged a penalty—and even then, the room could be rolled over to a later date without penalty–just not cancelled. so—somehow I had room and tickets but not in a package…and it was all on my room key when we arrived.

Without some sort of travel insurance, I would be scared to book any sort of package with penalties—so many things come up. Would illness in the family be reason to cancel without a penalty on a package?

Never heard of limited dining plans, but have heard of limited FREE dining plans. You should be fine, never heard of any limit on dining plans out of pocket at all.

i hadnt either…

Nicely done, sir.

[QUOTE=smallworld;1128170]Dana—When I booked ours, I booked the room way ahead of time, and then later booked the tickets to be available upon arrival. That means they are separate according to the CMs I talked to on the telephone…I cancelled out of the Magic Your Way hotel plus tickets. Once I found out that it was a package, I panicked in case we couldn’t go. So according to everything I had, I paid for room and then I paid for tickets…no type of package. I was told that for what I was getting, the only advantage to the MYW for just those 2 was the “extra” like a free 5x7 photo or something…

I need to go back and look at my paper work…you have me curious as to what it actually said. I think I still have it here somewhere… :smile:[/QUOTE]

That is different. I understand what you had. Sorry. I thought you meant when you bought them together. Totally confused me.

That is 100% false - she was trying to “upsell you”

I have that effect on a lot of people…I can make myself confused easily…and honestly, our trip was such an on and off again thing, that I am not really sure what I ended up with—but I’m pretty sure they were just two separate “things”. I’m sorry to confuse you…

[QUOTE=dadofthree;1127658]I am paid up on resort/tix. Still waiting to see what number our tax refund is going to land at before I choose from the 3 dining plans, but that will be paid in full as soon as I book it.

Oh MY!!! I am 3 weeks ahead of schedule. Just called the wife and said we can go out and eat tonight to celebrate the sacrifice of eating at home EVERY meal (leftovers to the neck).

I am pumped[/QUOTE]
Nice! Do you find it’s easier on the budget to make payments or to hang on to the money until it’s trip time?