New Disney Book Review

Just finished a newly released Disney Book:

Project Future: The Inside Story Behind the Creation of Disney World by Chad Denver Emerson

The book dives into the late 1950’s till early 1970’s time frame and all the work done to arrive at the current site of WDW. It goes into great detail about all the arm twisting and coersion needed to estabalish the Ready Creek Improvement District.

I would say the book is very good but you have to be interested in all the details of this time which can be pretty "dry’.

If I had to rate the book, I would say 8 out of 10. :happy:

[QUOTE=skwak;1062528]Just finished a newly released Disney Book:

Project Future: The Inside Story Behind the Creation of Disney World by Chad Denver Emerson

The book dives into the late 1950’s till early 1970’s time frame and all the work done to arrive at the current site of WDW. It goes into great detail about all the arm twisting and coersion needed to estabalish the Ready Creek Improvement District.

I would say the book is very good but you have to be interested in all the details of this time which can be pretty "dry’.

If I had to rate the book, I would say 8 out of 10. :happy:[/QUOTE]

I am going to look for it for the kindle. I hope they have it.

I tried searching it on Chapters but could not find it.

I am about half way into the book. Its great if your into the history of the planning of WDW.:mickey:

UHM, the real details of planning WDW… that sounds like a dream come true. :] I’m excited to look for it! Amazon is probably where I’ll have to look!

Well, I just did a search on my Library’s web site. No go. They don’t have it. But…they do carry “Disney for Dummies - 2006!”

:laugh: so much for updated information.

I found it on amazon.com for my kindle. Soooo, just as soon as I grab my kindle I’ll get it downloaded.

Another one to add to my list! :slight_smile: Thanks

I just read this article on USA Today about how a small western-themed park just south of Orlando lost a lot of visitors after WDW opened. The article sites this book, so of course I thought of this thread. Just thought I’d share it. :happy:

How Disney brought demise of early Florida theme park - USATODAY.com

Thanks for the review. I just got a “nook” and will have to see if that’s offered for it. Apparently the Unofficial guide isn’t:pirate: