New Disney Park?

Hey everyone!
I have a question that I know someone can answer. One of my friends keeps saying that in response to Universal’s many thrill rides, Disney is opening a similar park that is themed to Disney villains in like 2011 or so. I had not heard anything about something like this, can any of you shed some light on it?
I figured since I had not seen anything on here, it was just an unfounded rumor, but I wanted to check with you guys…because a park like that would be pretty cool if it was for real!

Thanks everyone in advance! :happy:

That sounds like alot of fun

It would be so cool if this is true… there have been a lot of rumors about new parks over the years, and I always hope each and every one is true.

I wish they’d reopen River Country as a Pirates-themed water park…

There have been huge rumours around a Villians based park or land somewhere in Disney, I think that would be pretty cool but probbaly not so great fo the little kids so I cant see them running with this idea, but who knows!

I second the vote on re-opening River Country, it seems like such a waste just sitting there all dried up and alone!

They will never reopen River Country. It will cost too much to fix it and run it. They are supposed to be taking part of it to redo the pool at FW. We shall see…

That will be awesome idea for a villain theme park!

I have seen stuff about “NIGHT KINGDOM” a park not sure of what rides they will have,
maybe dark rides:laugh::laugh::laugh:

How much is to much?? as much as AIG??:laugh:

I miss River country:heart:

What is River Country?

Disney’s River Country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
YouTube - Vanished World of Disney 6 - River Country

[QUOTE=jimbo;902587]How much is to much?? as much as AIG??:laugh:

QUOTE]

Not Cool

[QUOTE=CarolinaTilt;902710][QUOTE=jimbo;902587]How much is to much?? as much as AIG??:laugh:

QUOTE]

Not Cool[/QUOTE]

:confused::confused:Why?? And sorry if it offends:heart:

Here is a thread I started a few months ago. Maybe the imagineers saw my idea and are using it.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

f you were an imagineer what would you do with the empty land if you wanted to make another park?

My family decided on a “just thrill ride park” featuring all the Disney villains.

For example, a ride called “The Hook” coaster that has deep curves and sharp edges…

What do you all think?

[QUOTE=Remy;903424]Here is a thread I started a few months ago. Maybe the imagineers saw my idea and are using it.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

f you were an imagineer what would you do with the empty land if you wanted to make another park?

My family decided on a “just thrill ride park” featuring all the Disney villains.

For example, a ride called “The Hook” coaster that has deep curves and sharp edges…

What do you all think?[/QUOTE]

Haha it’s possible right??

I like “The Hook”, how about a water ride with Ursula??? Or a scary indoor coaster with a building shaped like a bowler hat and the cars are time machines like in Meet the Robinsons?? I just love this idea. I wish Disney would do it :laugh:

[QUOTE=Schultzie;903594]Haha it’s possible right??

how about a water ride with Ursula??? Or a scary indoor coaster with a building shaped like a bowler hat and the cars are time machines like in Meet the Robinsons?? I just love this idea. I wish Disney would do it :laugh:[/QUOTE]

That sounds like soooo much fun. We missed our true calling-we should be down in WDW designing the next best thing.

[QUOTE=jimbo;902933][QUOTE=CarolinaTilt;902710]

:confused::confused:Why?? And sorry if it offends:heart:[/QUOTE]

Actually, I thought this was darn funny!:laugh: You have to laugh at times like these!!:blink:

last i heard was they might add a new thrill ride to each park,not build a new park it would be cost effective and profiable,…why because each park would get a boost from the new ride …ala animal kingdom and everest

From a customer perspective, we don’t need the existing parks getting a boost. THEY’RE ALREADY CROWDED ENOUGH!!!

Build a new park and spread out the crowds!

I realize that probably won’t happen until people STOP going to WDW because the crowds become just unbearable. OK, I’ll do my part. I won’t go back until 2017! Who’s with me?!?!?! :blink:

:blink: anyone?

:sad:

look at it from this point of view for them cheaper and it thins the crowds on the other attractionas at that park,also in these troubled times the cost to maintain another park might be to much for the forseeable future…but I understand but new attractions at the same park also makes those parks busier but the parks get larger so as to fit more people in…also one other consideration when I first went to WDW in 1990 they had only used 10% of the available land that was before animal kingdom and more resorts and other developements so ,I would love not to see the land used up that fast,remember a large chunk of disney property is by agreement not developable…but good thought

The rumor of a new Disney park for villains has been around for a very long time. I personally would love to see such a thing, but I’m not holding my breath for it. Let’s see how Harry Potter world at Universal fares though. Maybe Disney will reconsider if that is popular.