New DVC Pricing & Incentives

DVC has announced some new pricing and incentives.

They are available HERE.

Mike,
Any ideas how long these incentives will run for?

Really good incentives with a member referral.

Makes me wonder how can I swing some more points?

Thanks for that info! I appreciate it all together in one spot so I can print (hope you don’t mind) and refer to it when I talk to DH about buying. :happy:

WOW, great prices!

After reviewing the new incentives, I decided to add-on points at The Villas at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa at Disneyland.

I purchased 125 points at VGC @ $96/pt.

I now have a total of 1,125 points spread across 6 home resorts. :happy:

I’ll be staying a week at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa at Disneyland in May, so I’m looking forward to seeing the progress that’s been made at my newest home resort.

[QUOTE=DVC Mike;949369]After reviewing the new incentives, I decided to add-on points at The Villas at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa at Disneyland.

I now have a total of 1,125 points spread across 6 home resorts. :happy:[/QUOTE]

Congrats. Wish the real estate market would make a turn for the better with these prices. Until then no DVC purchase for this family.
Now the question is how much longer before you have enough points to make your mailing address “DVC Mike-c/o somewhere DVC” :laugh:

[QUOTE=DVC Mike;949369]After reviewing the new incentives, I decided to add-on points at The Villas at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa at Disneyland.

I’ll be staying a week at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa at Disneyland in May, so I’m looking forward to seeing the progress that’s been made at my newest home resort.[/QUOTE]

There’s really something wrong with you. :mellow:

OK, I kid I kid… but I just can’t EVER imagine having THAT many points & being able to use [or afford] them all. God bless ya, you’re livin’ the DVC life my friend! :smile:

I’ll be staying a week at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa at Disneyland in May, so I’m looking forward to seeing the progress that’s been made at my newest home resort.[/QUOTE]
Isn’t that special?! :blink:

[QUOTE=Pam&Rich;949404]Congrats. Wish the real estate market would make a turn for the better with these prices. Until then no DVC purchase for this family.
Now the question is how much longer before you have enough points to make your mailing address “DVC Mike-c/o somewhere DVC” :laugh:[/QUOTE]

I think about 12 more points should do it. :tongue:

I have jealousy galore!!! Hats off to you!

But I did have one question – What do you do with all those points? I mean, can you take that much time off to actually use them? Do you mainly rent them? Do you work in the travel industry so going to all these places is part of your gig? How many weeks does that buy you – like half a year or so? Do you get something special from DVC for owning so much, or jsut the usual perks the rest of us get?

OK, that was WAY more than one question! :laugh:

[QUOTE=MissDisney;949524]But I did have one question – What do you do with all those points? I mean, can you take that much time off to actually use them? Do you mainly rent them? Do you work in the travel industry so going to all these places is part of your gig? How many weeks does that buy you – like half a year or so? Do you get something special from DVC for owning so much, or jsut the usual perks the rest of us get?

OK, that was WAY more than one question! :laugh:[/QUOTE]

I use all my points every year, so I haven’t had the need to rent my points yet. I can see that happening from time to time with my latest add-on. We spend at least 32 nights a year in a 1-BR.

[QUOTE=DVC Mike;949369]I now have a total of 1,125 points spread across 6 home resorts. :happy:

Raising the bar huh? Now where is my guides number? I’m going to call him right after I get back from selling some blood. :eek:

I’m really thinking I’d like to add 200 BLT and get the cruise but…

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;949550]Raising the bar huh? Now where is my guides number? I’m going to call him right after I get back from selling some blood. :eek:

I’m really thinking I’d like to add 200 BLT and get the cruise but…[/QUOTE]

Don’t get the cruise…My DD just called to book the cruise and when she asked about insurance (she will have 2 young kids), she was told "the trip has no value so it can’t be insured. So if the family got sick, she loses the trip. Boy do I wish we had waited to buy at BLT.

The three of us have the same guide…he won’t be hearing from me anytime soon! I’m still trying to sell my house

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;949550]Raising the bar huh? Now where is my guides number? I’m going to call him right after I get back from selling some blood. :eek:

I’m really thinking I’d like to add 200 BLT and get the cruise but…[/QUOTE]

I’m looking for a career change. Can I ask what line of work you are in that you get over 6 weeks off a year?!?

My 32 nights consist of four 8-night weeks (Friday night to next Sunday morning).

But HOW in the world are you able to get 4 weeks off? Unless you’re a teacher! :laugh: Although, I am not sure I’d want to go during all those busy non-school day times.

I get the time off but could never afford 1,000+ points.

Yeah, as a teacher we definately get MORE than 4 weeks off. :laugh: But once again, I DO NOT want to do during those scary busy times. :laugh: