New Fantasy Land

So, who’s been? What’s open and what’s a Must Do?

I was there last week. The Mermaid is open, all of Circus area is open. Must do? I guess Mermaid and the new Dumbo area. I am going to perfectly honest and say I was a little underwhelmed by the whole thing. I did do it at night and intend to give it a full inspection in May, but from I saw it was ok.

The Little Mermaid ride and tales with Belle were very nice, especially if your traveling with children. We also liked the new restaurant, we had lunch there, the food was very good, but the wait was very long.

I was also very underwhelmed by the new Lil Mermaid ride. If you are going to do it get a FP. If you have small children the new Dumbo play area is fun and fills the void of the long wait.

Do EVERYTHING. Enchanted Tales With Belle is an absolute MUST. The effects are incredible, and though it’s not a ride nor is it a show (an interactive guest experience), when you’re transported into Beasts castle it’s as real to the movie as it gets.

Lunch at Be Our Guest because, again, the castle is so incredible and PERFECT.

Belle’s Village is so beautiful and unique, and Gaston’s Tavern is small but fun (YOU MUST GET La Foo’s Brew!!!)

Ariel’s ride is beautiful and nice, but the ride itself is identical to Disneylands. What you need to do is go for the queue line. Yes, you read it right. Go to stand in line. The queue is fun, has a TON of neat things, games and such to help pass the time. Plus, it, too, is perfectly designed just like the film. Then, you can meet Ariel in her grotto next door!

The circus area is so much like a real circus has come to town, especially with all the clowns they now have running all over the place :laugh: Sorry if you’re terrified of clowns, but they’re everywhere.

The only things that are not yet open are the NEW Princess meet and greet area (Fairytale Hall) and The Seven Dwarves Mine Cart Roller Coaster.

Everything else is open, and it’s truly amazing.

Thanks for keeping the total picture infront of us Rowdy. Like many, I was not toaly impressed during the soft openings. Then I had to recalibrate my thoguht process since only 1/4 of the site was up and running at that point. It should be a much better experience once the whole site is open and running.

[QUOTE=RowdyRAider;1129036]Do EVERYTHING. Enchanted Tales With Belle is an absolute MUST. The effects are incredible, and though it’s not a ride nor is it a show (an interactive guest experience), when you’re transported into Beasts castle it’s as real to the movie as it gets.

Lunch at Be Our Guest because, again, the castle is so incredible and PERFECT.

Belle’s Village is so beautiful and unique, and Gaston’s Tavern is small but fun (YOU MUST GET La Foo’s Brew!!!)

Ariel’s ride is beautiful and nice, but the ride itself is identical to Disneylands. What you need to do is go for the queue line. Yes, you read it right. Go to stand in line. The queue is fun, has a TON of neat things, games and such to help pass the time. Plus, it, too, is perfectly designed just like the film. Then, you can meet Ariel in her grotto next door!

The circus area is so much like a real circus has come to town, especially with all the clowns they now have running all over the place :laugh: Sorry if you’re terrified of clowns, but they’re everywhere.

The only things that are not yet open are the NEW Princess meet and greet area (Fairytale Hall) and The Seven Dwarves Mine Cart Roller Coaster.

Everything else is open, and it’s truly amazing.[/QUOTE]

…Question…errrrr…will ummm adults without kids feel totally silly? I mean…we enjoyed the characters in the Farmers Market lines…but didn’t do much else in that area as adults…are we going to really stand out here and look stupid?

Ummmm…NOPE! It truly is for everyone. I can’t tell you how many adults, younger and older, with our without kids, have stopped me these past few weeks and told me how unreal it was that films they grew up on as children, or with their children, have come to life in such a new way never before imagined. Almost as if actually stepping into the cartoon itself. To see grown women AND men break down into tears of joy and happiness (maybe sadness when they see the bill) when they see the Beast enter into his castle at Be Our Guest is such a blessing. It brought even me to tears.

No, adults will not feel silly. This new Fantasyland is as close to our fantasy becoming a reality as we have ever been able to produce. And I encourage any and every one to come be part of this.

[QUOTE=RowdyRAider;1129039]Ummmm…NOPE! It truly is for everyone. I can’t tell you how many adults, younger and older, with our without kids, have stopped me these past few weeks and told me how unreal it was that films they grew up on as children, or with their children, have come to life in such a new way never before imagined. Almost as if actually stepping into the cartoon itself. To see grown women AND men break down into tears of joy and happiness (maybe sadness when they see the bill) when they see the Beast enter into his castle at Be Our Guest is such a blessing. It brought even me to tears.

No, adults will not feel silly. This new Fantasyland is as close to our fantasy becoming a reality as we have ever been able to produce. And I encourage any and every one to come be part of this.[/QUOTE]

Ok…I’m sold!! Lol. Thanks

I respectfully disagree,while fantasyland with kids is OK,without it does not have much to offer dumbo is dumbo even with the new que,liitle mermaid ride is just a step back in ride technology to me,the restaurant while I haven’t eaten there yet is just that a restaurant is it better than V and A or even citricos etc…what really would’ve to me been nice if they did some of the cruise ship effects on the walls,that is very cool…but comparing fantayland to the new cars land is very,very hard money very well spent at DLR and to me not so at WDW,and if you don’t belive me just ask the numbers,cars land is still bringing them in,while from my understanding FL in WDW is not getting the big boost,except in extra space,it kind of reminds me of toontown out here at DLR nice but not much and as for the mine ride why is that so late to the picture shouldn’t the grand opening be when that is up and running

I’m afraid that’s where you’re getting the misinformation, because right now our numbers at the MK are through the roof. Over 50k guests almost every day in January, for me, is unheard of. Park attendance is so busy lately that every day, they extend the park hours to accommodate more and more guests. In my 9 years I’ve never seen them do that so often.

I must admit I do wish they had finished the Mine Cart Roller Coaster with the rest of the addition. With it being the only wall left to come down, it does make for an awkward walk. But we also can’t compare this to Cars Land. #1. DCA NEEDED the make-over, MK did not. #2. Cars Land is an entirely new land, whereas New Fantasyland is an extension of Fantasyland, and not a whole new entity, just some really amazing attractions.

It’s not for everybody. Not everybody will be pleased or happy, but for the rest of the guests, I see nothing but smiles every day I coordinate New Fantasyland :wink:

[QUOTE=RowdyRAider;1129083]I’m afraid that’s where you’re getting the misinformation, because right now our numbers at the MK are through the roof. Over 50k guests almost every day in January, for me, is unheard of. Park attendance is so busy lately that every day, they extend the park hours to accommodate more and more guests. In my 9 years I’ve never seen them do that so often.

I must admit I do wish they had finished the Mine Cart Roller Coaster with the rest of the addition. With it being the only wall left to come down, it does make for an awkward walk. But we also can’t compare this to Cars Land. #1. DCA NEEDED the make-over, MK did not. #2. Cars Land is an entirely new land, whereas New Fantasyland is an extension of Fantasyland, and not a whole new entity, just some really amazing attractions.

It’s not for everybody. Not everybody will be pleased or happy, but for the rest of the guests, I see nothing but smiles every day I coordinate New Fantasyland :wink:[/QUOTE]
well we were there in OCT and DEC,and the people I spoke to said the crowds were good but they were disappointed with the boost that fantasyland had provided,I am glad to hear if that has changed,with regards to extended hours I have not been watching the park hours normal schedules,so I cannot comment on why they have extended hours,but it might just be a by product of reduced hours overall,they seem to have started a couple of years ago closing earlier especially Studios,then that would leave only epcot and MK,to pick up the slack.Also about 3 weeks after 9-11 we were there when they not only extended park hours once a day they were making announcments twice.But if those numbers for MK are accurate I am happy for them…

Do you think that little kids will be enchanted with it? I thought that the reports made it sound as if they did plenty for little boys for a change (Gaston/Beast/etc.) and I know lots of young kids that might like to feel grownup by having a Lefeu’s Brew LOL.
I felt like Toontown was appealing only to the smaller kids and the 6-10 group was probably over it.

It seems as if it will be very similar to the Nemo ride at EC?

[QUOTE=RowdyRAider;1129036]the castle is so incredible and PERFECT.

[/QUOTE]

I like the photos I have seen of the skyline of the area – it is really cool to see multiple castles, and I am hoping there is a photo spot where you can get Cinderella’s Castle as well as the others in a single shot.

Always have been. :blush: