New Fantasyland opening?

It has been a while since I have been around Mousebuzz. I think I have to take a break after each vacation for my Disney depression that sets in knowing I won’t get to go back for a while. :blush: Anyway, I had to ride the train around the MK several times during my Oct/Nov trip trying to get a peak at the new stuff. The signs say that it will open in 2012, do we know when exactly? I’m sure it has been discussed previously and I missed it.

I am waiting for that info myself. Can’t wait to find out so I can start planning our next trip.

I believe they will begin to open certian things mid-fall…and complete opening by Spring of 2013. This is what I heard but dont remember where.

I feel like I heard the same general thing as dadofthree…

I think they don’t like to be too concrete about their dates until they’re really close to the time and sure things will go as planned.

I know that’s the approach they’re taking at Disneyland with regard to Carsland. At this point we all know what their rumored target date is, but there have been no official announcements.

Here’s the latest here:

Part 1 of Dumbos area: Spring 2012
Belle and Ariels area: Summer 2012
Part 2 of Dumbos area: Early 2013
Snow Whites area: Late 2013-Early 2014

Thanks Rowdy.

Thanks Rowdy! I sure hope Spring 2012 means before 4/21!

[QUOTE=RowdyRAider;1100270]Here’s the latest here:

Snow Whites area: Late 2013-Early 2014[/QUOTE]

2014… oh my, we are thinking on taking Hunter for Christmas 2013 :eek:

According to the closing list it states

“Dumbo the Flying Elephant - Closed For Refurbishment [ Monday, January 09 - Sunday, March 11 ]”

Sounds like it should be open for your trip!

[QUOTE=cubsblue;1100297]According to the closing list it states

“Dumbo the Flying Elephant - Closed For Refurbishment [ Monday, January 09 - Sunday, March 11 ]”

Sounds like it should be open for your trip![/QUOTE]

Thanks! Thats great news!

So what if the ride isn’t complete by then? The rest of the land will be, and it will be wonderful! :biggrin:

I wish it was ready for 3/ 2012… oh well… I will just need to plan another trip!

For shame :laugh:

They told us on our crusie in Oct (behind the scenes program) that it would be a mutiple phase in. First they will open a NEW Dumbo, then shut down, move and refurb the old one.

I can’t wait to see it all! It will be so exciting to have a new land to explore!

YAY!
That means bits will be open during my trip in June this year!!! :laugh:

That was the original plan, so that way a Dumbo ride would always be open. However, they ultimately just shut down the ride completely. They’ve already started moving it to its new home. Its neat when you stand in just the right spot and you can see the new Dumbo tower already in place :biggrin:

First …hi Rowdy…missed ya.

second …I am catching up on whats going on at the World and so looks like it will be open when we go!!

awesome, thank you for the update!

Rowdy, I want Hunter to experience everything… I am not sure when I will be able to get him back