New Fantasyland Opening

I just thought I would share this video because I personally am crying I couldn’t be there, (not to mention the fact I am a huge Ginnifer Goodwin fan)! :crying:

New Fantasyland Grand Opening Ceremony Highlights - YouTube

Did any one get the honor of being at the Magic Kingdom December 6th?
If you did please post how it went and any pictures! I am dying to go there in March!

Went home on the 5th.
We did luck into two soft openings of Test Track and during the Christmas party on Tuesday we were able to wander into the expansion area (still not complete) and rode the new Little Mermaid attraction (very well done, but with what looks like a queue that can easily stretch two hours).
Didn’t see many signs of the Fantasyland official opening, but did see the set up for Test Rack’s official opening.

PS: You need to include the link for the video.

Just got back. Enjoyed the opening, but I was interpreting in sign language for my wife (she is deaf), so I actually had my back to the stage the whole time. She really enjoyed it though.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1126640]Went home on the 5th.
We did luck into two soft openings of Test Track and during the Christmas party on Tuesday we were able to wander into the expansion area (still not complete) and rode the new Little Mermaid attraction (very well done, but with what looks like a queue that can easily stretch two hours).
Didn’t see many signs of the Fantasyland official opening, but did see the set up for Test Rack’s official opening.

PS: You need to include the link for the video.[/QUOTE]

Oh my god, ahhaha
I guess that’s what I get for posting at 4am!

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1126640]Went home on the 5th.

PS: You need to include the link for the video.[/QUOTE]

Did you get the impression that the area is big enough that it might draw crowds enough that the rest of the park feels less crowded?

It’s unfortunately not the case. Until they complete Snow White, the pathway that connects Storybook Circus to the Forest will mostly be closed off, therefore creating huge congestion.

Speaking of which, I’m just not used to there being over 60K people in the park the first 2 weeks of December. It’s crazy…BUT MAN WHAT A BEAUTIFUL OPENING AND SUCH A BEAUTIFUL AREA!

…I think that our calendar of “off” attendance time periods has now gone out the window…from reading here, from friends experience, and from my own experience…the peak and low attendance times have changed.

I think you have to do the best you can in planning when to go, however, I will always be prepared to fight crowds—no matter when we go.

The last of August when we were there, used to typically be a good low attendance time to go—and indeed is what Disney has considered value season. But with all the incentives Disney provides during those low time periods, they have now become “not so low”.

The new areas might draw crowds away from somewhere else for a while, but that won’t last for long—never seems to. :slight_smile:

I’ve got to agree with Matt.
There’s still dead ends and walled off construction that will exist for a while, making Fantasyland a little disjointed. You can’t get through to the circus area from the expansion district.
Of course I always want more rides because there are never enough.
What we saw last week still felt unfinished but promising.

I had to watch the video - could not be there. I’ll be there on January 12th though!

Cannot wait!!!

Rowdy can you clue us i on the dragon??? any chance we may see it again??? i know you probably can’t say but a girl can dream right?

Is the Little Mermaid ride going to have FP? I would think so but asked anyway.

I’m certain I saw an FP station and FP queue.
Given the physical length of the queues, it was built with FP and very heavy demand/popularity in mind.

We were at WDW on 12/6 but did not attend the opening. DH doesn’t like crowds, the weekend prior was enough for him.

The FPs are distributed at Mickey’s PhilharMagic.

Last weekend (11/30-12/2) wasn’t that bad crowd wise. I’ve seen worse and I’ve seen worse on this weekend in some past years. It didn’t help that they were shooting the Christmas parade in the MK.
I was very surprised to not see the tree on 12/4, though I have gotten used to the cross Main Street decorations not being put back until after we leave.

I can’t wait to see it. It’s the ammo I need to talk DW into a trip this summer.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1126874]Last weekend (11/30-12/2) wasn’t that bad crowd wise. I’ve seen worse and I’ve seen worse on this weekend in some past years. It didn’t help that they were shooting the Christmas parade in the MK.
I was very surprised to not see the tree on 12/4, though I have gotten used to the cross Main Street decorations not being put back until after we leave.[/QUOTE]

I thught that main street was under dressed, DH and I did Keys to the Kingdom on 12/5 - the tree was up and it is beautiful.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1126823]
Given the physical length of the queues, it was built with FP and very heavy demand/popularity in mind.[/QUOTE]

We did both queues. The standby is roughly 47 miles long. It seemed liked we walked f o r e v e r. I’d like to know how long the wait would be if the queue was filled.

The FP queue is much much shorter.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1126899]We did both queues. The standby is roughly 47 miles long. It seemed liked we walked f o r e v e r. I’d like to know how long the wait would be if the queue was filled.

The FP queue is much much shorter.[/QUOTE]

I’d say the stand by is easily a 2 hour queue when it’s all used.
We only did the stand by. But at 11 PM during the Christmas party, it must have taken us between 5 and 7 minutes to walk the entire queue. Sign out front said 20 minutes, but I knew that had to be wrong. It was wrong. We walked right on and there were empty cars, but like I said, it was a very long walk to even get there.

I won’t be doing this without a fast pass or very late on EMH nights or party nights in the future. Just like Peter Pan!