New feature pool in the works

saratoga springs getting a new pool…in the area called paddock,they are replacing the old pool and putting a new themed pool 3 times as large ,with get this a quick service ,dining location … O WOW

WOW! That is huge news. We stayed in the paddock section and that area was a long walk from the main pool and restaurant.

Is this on the DVC site?

yes,it is hard to find…in the news section <i think ,but if you cannot find it I will go back and make sure

Thanks, found it.

[I]Work is scheduled to begin this spring on a new feature pool in the Paddock area of Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, building on the resort’s turn-of-the-20th-century, upstate New York theme.

Plans call for the new pool, scheduled for completion in mid-2011, to replace the Paddock area’s 1,100-square-foot quiet pool with a 3,300-square-foot zero-depth-entry pool, a 146-foot water slide, a 1,600-square-foot wet-play area, an expanded pool deck spanning more than 11,000 square feet and, for hungry swimmers and sunbathers who’d rather not make the trip across the lake to Artist’s Palette, an on-site, quick-service-dining location.

Watch Disney Files Magazine and DVCMember.com for updates as new details become available.[/I]

VERY NICE!!! great improvement :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;1019043][I]Work is scheduled to begin this spring on a new feature pool in the Paddock area of Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, building on the resort’s turn-of-the-20th-century, upstate New York theme.

Plans call for the new pool, scheduled for completion in mid-2011, to replace the Paddock area’s 1,100-square-foot quiet pool with a 3,300-square-foot zero-depth-entry pool, a 146-foot water slide, a 1,600-square-foot wet-play area, an expanded pool deck spanning more than 11,000 square feet and, for hungry swimmers and sunbathers who’d rather not make the trip across the lake to Artist’s Palette, an on-site, quick-service-dining location.

Watch Disney Files Magazine and DVCMember.com for updates as new details become available.[/I][/QUOTE]

sounds awesome!!! I can’t wait :laugh:

I bet it will be similar to Kidani, which is wonderful!!!

That sounds wonderful!

Yes this defintely sounds awesome!!

I hope they have a re-do in the works for the Contemporary main pool sometime soon! For a deluxe resort it is pretty ho-hum:closedeye

With the other deluxes (and some of the moderates) sporting such nice pools and atmosphere I hope they do something with the Contempo pool in the near future. We were thinking of staying there this year but I could not picture myself relaxing back at the pool in the afternoon, at least from what I saw in all the pics available on the varoius websites.

That’s awesome. They really did need a little more in regards to food options for the villas that were far from the main area. OKW should do the same thing. I love all the revamping that WDW is doing lately.

Me too! It’s great to hear that they are looking after areas needing attention.

This is great news, this is one of our home resorts, and I am not happy because it is so spread apart and one main pool. The addition of this theme pool plus the opening of the Treehouses will add to the appeal of this resort.