New "feature" pool & quick service dining at SSR

I looked & couldn’t find if anyone already posted about this or not, but I saw this little article on DVCmembers.com & thought this new pool sounds REALLY cool. Not to mention that SSR getting another little Quick Service dining location is great.

"New feature pool in the works

Work is scheduled to begin this spring on a new feature pool in the Paddock area of Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, building on the resort’s turn-of-the-20th-century, upstate New York theme.

Plans call for the new pool, scheduled for completion in December 2010, to replace the Paddock area’s 1,100-square-foot quiet pool with a 3,300-square-foot zero-depth-entry pool, a 146-foot water slide, a 1,600-square-foot wet-play area, an expanded pool deck spanning more than 11,000 square feet and, for hungry swimmers and sunbathers who’d rather not make the trip across the lake to Artist’s Palette, an on-site, quick-service-dining location.

Watch Disney Files Magazine and DVCMember.com for updates as new details become available."

It just had this little pic with the article too:

I am so ready to go back. I think I want to try it without the kids. Maybe for my b-day.

:laugh:[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;1011564]I looked & couldn’t find if anyone already posted about this or not, but I saw this little article on DVCmembers.com & thought this new pool sounds REALLY cool. Not to mention that SSR getting another little Quick Service dining location is great.

"New feature pool in the works

Work is scheduled to begin this spring on a new feature pool in the Paddock area of Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, building on the resort’s turn-of-the-20th-century, upstate New York theme.

Plans call for the new pool, scheduled for completion in December 2010, to replace the Paddock area’s 1,100-square-foot quiet pool with a 3,300-square-foot zero-depth-entry pool, a 146-foot water slide, a 1,600-square-foot wet-play area, an expanded pool deck spanning more than 11,000 square feet and, for hungry swimmers and sunbathers who’d rather not make the trip across the lake to Artist’s Palette, an on-site, quick-service-dining location.

Watch Disney Files Magazine and DVCMember.com for updates as new details become available."

It just had this little pic with the article too:[/QUOTE]

How awsome! I always wanted ot stay at SSR but w/o quick serve it’s a bummer. Yay now I have a new 2011 reason:laugh:

How awsome! I always wanted ot stay at SSR but w/o quick serve it’s a bummer. Yay now I have a new 2011 reason:laugh:[/QUOTE]

They actually do already have a quick service location, it’s really good in my opinion, BUT this resort is so big it REALLY does need a 2nd one.

Very nice!

Sounds good, but the number don’t mean much to me. Does anyone know how this compares to the other resort pools?

Those kinds of perks – excellent pools!!! – will be jsut th eticket to put this resort on the radar of DVC members. It is such a wonderful place, and I hope this stuff gets everyone’s attention!

I think the next time I rent points, I would like to try this place out!

It dose…I must be missing something:blink:AGAIN:laugh::laugh:

Yes it does… in the main building with the lobby is the Artist Palette. It is a quick service restaurant.

So glad they are adding another QS location. We stayed there twice in 2009 and our biggest complaint was that Artist Palette was not set up in a way to effectively manage the amount of guests trying to grab food at busy times (most notably breakfast!) A new QS location will definitely make SSR more attractive!

Finally! My “Home” getting the :heart: it deserves. So many people bashed SSR but I was always there to defend it! Understated relaxation and a beautiful resort that will be even better now!

I still don’t love it 100%. :laugh:

Because you are in de-nile !
:laugh::laugh::pinch:

[QUOTE=XQIXX;1011823]Because you are in de-nile !
:laugh::laugh::pinch:[/QUOTE]

Possibly, it wouldn’t be the first time :laugh:. I just like a production & when my options are such like AKV & BLT versus SSR it’s hard for me to appreciate the simplicity of SSR. Plus, it still reminds me of a Florida Condo Park. :pinch:

But it’s DEFINATELY warming up on me, I promise! I love the boats to DtD, I love the food at the Artist’s Palette, and the Spa/gym is awesome!