New, for boys, The Pirate League

This looks like fun! Sort of like BBB, but for boys.

Walt Disney World Resort

I don’t have little ones anymore, but my DS would have loved this!!

Girls can do it too, btw.

I wanna do it!!

Cute. Pricey for a bandanna and face paint, but still cute.

I like this idea! I am really considering it for our October Trip!

I have to agree, ddoll. I love the idea, but, whoa! I’m not sure about shelling out that much for what ya get.

Did you see the pictures on the thread I posted, it looks REALLY cool!!

I did see them, and it does look really cool, but my kids have to spend their own money on ANYTHING they want on vacation. When the girls did BBB, it was their money, when they buy a new princess dress, it’s their money . . . we pay for the lodging, food and tickets, they earn allowance to spend. I just don’t see DS wanting to fork out that kind of money at age 9 to look like a pirate. I guess if mom and dad are paying, and mom and dad don’t think those prices are ridiculous, there will be a lot of boys in there. I love the concept, but it’s one of those things that doesn’t last.

Yes, and honestly I DID NOT see any pirates walking around MK . . . lots of BBB Princesses though.

Actually, I think this will be a success. With all of the little girls doing BBB, I’m sure their mothers will feel bad having their daughters all glammed up while their sons sit there and wait. This is a great way to make things “equal” among siblings.

Anywho, I found a cute review I thought I’d link. The Pirates League debuts at Magic Kingdom | The DIS Unplugged Disney Blog

I would definitely consider doing this because that boy pirate is SO CUTE!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: :laugh:

What a great review. We want to do this for our boy and girl in February

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;973992]Actually, I think this will be a success. With all of the little girls doing BBB, I’m sure their mothers will feel bad having their daughters all glammed up while their sons sit there and wait. This is a great way to make things “equal” among siblings.

I would definitely consider doing this because that boy pirate is SO CUTE!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: :laugh:[/QUOTE]

It depends on the little boy. DS will barely be still to let me comb his hair! And let me tell you, Halloween is crazy because he’s scrunching his face up and pulling away while I try to do his makeup! Most little boys just don’t want to be messed with. My girls on the other hand we’re just giving each other makeovers this morning.

Just showed site to DS age 9…he’s interested in trying this out. Thanks for sharing!

Read a review on this last night over at allears.net. It might be aimed at boys but they do seem to have a package for the girls, entitled, “Empress”

Yeah, but same goes for girls. When I was a little girl, I would have NEVER done BBB. I was a total tomboy. Still, there’s kids who are interested in the experience and parents who will pay for it.