New FP+ system/reservations etc

Since I made room and ticket reservations, I am able to access the My Magic Plus area. I was actually surprised at the way the system works now re reservations and planning.

It’s too early to make our BOG reservation, but I have to admit I am impressed with how easy it looks to be to set things up IF you are a planner.

I have not been very happy about this change, but I am “boldly soldiering on” because—well—that’s all I can do right? I am sure it will all work out fine in the end…we just may have to wait in lines to get on rides… :slight_smile:

So I am thinking positive about these Magic Bands, FP+ and My Magic tools…

Is the app you use now, the same app that I used last year? Or is it totally different one? If it’s different I need to find the one I am suppose to use now.

There are sooooo many Disney apps for the iphone!!! …I am guessing I want the My Disney Experience app? I have the Disney Mobile Magic — that one is probably of no use anymore I am guessing?

Since I can’t really “do” anything as yet, I have not worked my way through the My Disney site completely yet…

You need the “MY Disney Experience” app for your phone, so you can dump Mobile Magic if you don’t want all those apps on your phone. I really like the system. I am not that much of a planner any more. I do love going to EMH in the morning and hitting all the rides, but it’s more fun to me then about the planning. I hate to wait, and that’s the best time to do what you want with little waits. I do like picking those FP+ options at night when I would not normally do attractions cause again, I hate waiting in line. I just booked my January trip today and it’s for the day the “testing” ends. I am not picking a single Fast Pass prior to arrival. I am doing everything when I am there.

You will not be able to do any Fast Pass selections and that includes the Be Our Guest until 60 days prior.

[QUOTE=Dana;1139433]You need the “MY Disney Experience” app for your phone, so you can dump Mobile Magic if you don’t want all those apps on your phone. I really like the system. I am not that much of a planner any more. I do love going to EMH in the morning and hitting all the rides, but it’s more fun to me then about the planning. I hate to wait, and that’s the best time to do what you want with little waits. I do like picking those FP+ options at night when I would not normally do attractions cause again, I hate waiting in line. I just booked my January trip today and it’s for the day the “testing” ends. I am not picking a single Fast Pass prior to arrival. I am doing everything when I am there.

You will not be able to do any Fast Pass selections and that includes the Be Our Guest until 60 days prior.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the help…I will just get rid of the mobile magic one…

The CM gave me the exact date in February when she said we can book dining and FP+…that’s 6 months out from our August arrival…

So it’s only 60 days then? I imagine the CMs are still learning the new system.

BOG is really the only thing we “must do”… Wouldn’t mind getting a FP for Toy Story but that wouldn’t be the end of the world so…we won’t plan much until we are there as well. If BOG wasn’t so hard to get into for dinner I wouldn’t even bother with that ADR.

[QUOTE=smallworld;1139434]Thanks for the help…I will just get rid of the mobile magic one…

The CM gave me the exact date in February when she said we can book dining and FP+…that’s 6 months out from our August arrival…

So it’s only 60 days then? I imagine the CMs are still learning the new system.

BOG is really the only thing we “must do”… Wouldn’t mind getting a FP for Toy Story but that wouldn’t be the end of the world so…we won’t plan much until we are there as well. If BOG wasn’t so hard to get into for dinner I wouldn’t even bother with that ADR.[/QUOTE]

Dining is 180 days, yes. FP+ is not. I really don’t want them to change that window to 180 days, so I hope the CM was just mistaken. That is going to take this to a level of ridiculousness that I honestly will be annoyed with. BOG isn’t hard for dinner. Call on your 180th day and book it for your LAST Disney night - you will get it every single time.

Thanks so much. The CM was probably wrong…I will mark my calendar for the BOG reservation…

You should have absolutely no problem at all. I should have more info on the FP+ deal long before February. If anything changes, I will be sure to tell you so you can take full advantage of it.

I can’t do anything with it yet, but I do like the features of the My Disney experience app…

I like the way it groups wait times from one screen…if you have a short amount of time until you need to be somewhere…you can just pull that up and it tells you which attractions have shorter waits.

Hopefully by the time we go next August all the kinks will be ironed out of this new system. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=smallworld;1139443]I can’t do anything with it yet, but I do like the features of the My Disney experience app…

I like the way it groups wait times from one screen…if you have a short amount of time until you need to be somewhere…you can just pull that up and it tells you which attractions have shorter waits.

Hopefully by the time we go next August all the kinks will be ironed out of this new system. :)[/QUOTE]

Should be good to go by then - one of the many plusses of going in August next year will be all the kinks being worked out AND a bonus of tons of people using it and reporting what quirks they encounter which will ultimately teach you how to use it to your advantage and to function with your style of touring.

Speaking of; as an AP holder who got his band during this beta period, I get to keep that band and everything that is connected to it. So, it remains my AP and my band for my visit in December. Also, this means that I can make FP+ reservations right now!

You will most likely receive a new band even though your old band will still work. I went towards the beginning of testing and received bands. For our upcoming trip, they sent new bands. Until the system is complete, they told me we will receive new bands for each trip. Seems like a waste of money, but I still LOVE them!

I have my AP attached to my magic band as well, and I love the fact that I am able to make FP+ selections within the 60 day window until my passes expire. For instance, as of today, I can make FP+ selections for every day until Jan 4th. Tomorrow it will be until Jan 5th, etc… I think that is really cool. If I was closer to WDW I would really love this.

Then I might have a little problem.
My AP expires a week before we arrive on 12/10 and I didn’t plan to renew until I was on property.
Well, I do have t make a room reservation anyway.