New Free Dining + 180 Day Dining Reservations = a mess

:pinch:Talk about poor planning. The changed advanced dining reservations to 180 days. Now they have announced the free dining plan within the 180 day limit. Yesterday I booked a free dining package for September 18 to 25. I tried to make dining reservations at all our favorite locations and they were already booked up. Very aggrivating. Why would I want free dining if I don’t even have a chance to have the dining options I enjoy. I am considering cancelling our reservation and trying someplace different this year.:mad:

Don’t give up. I tried for 2 weeks to get a dining reservation for this summer, and I got it-and I only tried 50 days out… You will get something-hang in there.

I would assume that there were a lot of people that booked the ADR’s at the 180 day mark with the antipaction that free dining would be offerred. If free dining was not offerred that just planned on cancelling. This makes it difficult for those that waited until free dining was available. I would assume that you might see a lot of cancellations in the near future because a lot of these people are in the value resorts and will not upgrade from the quick service. Wait a couple of weeks and see what happens.

Maybe instead of your favorite restaurants you try new places that you wouldn’t normally try. It could be fun and you could come out of it with some new favorite places. The resort restaurants seem to be the easiest to book after the 180 day mark. Yachtman’s Steakhouse is a very good choice if you had wanted Le Cellier. Kona is good if 'Ohana is booked. Cape May has a good character breakfast if Chef Mickey’s is booked. It’s not a good use of credits (but maybe you won’t care as much since it’s free) but we like the Plaza Restaurant in MK. The Turf Club at SSR always gets good reviews.

You are half right…We booked our trip and ADRs before the free dining was available BUT we had no intention of cancelling. We figured if free dining was not offered they would offer someting good in the way of a discount due to the time of year. So yes we booked hoping for free dining and made ADRs accordingly BUT we were still going no matter what so it didn’t matter.

Lisa

[QUOTE=lisalovesmickey;1030746]You are half right…We booked our trip and ADRs before the free dining was available BUT we had no intention of cancelling. We figured if free dining was not offered they would offer someting good in the way of a discount due to the time of year. So yes we booked hoping for free dining and made ADRs accordingly BUT we were still going no matter what so it didn’t matter.

Lisa[/QUOTE]

I hope you didn’t take my comments offensively. I would have probably done the same thing if we were going this year. I just wanted to state that there may be some cancellations with the value and quick service. I am hoping that those who did make reservations who are not going to use them would be courteous enough to now go in and delete those ADR’s so that those who and now booking can get the reservations they would like.

Did you try doing your ADR’s through the online dining reservation system? It’s worked out perfectly for us in the past…give it a try, you may be pleasantly surprised at what’s available. Good Luck!

thats why we booked our trip in Feb and kept hoping the free dining would be when we would be there and lucky for us it worked. Keep trying you may get reservations somewhere

No not at all…I just wanted BigJon to know that while most people did what I did they were gonna use the reservation anyway…free dining or not.

Lisa

Gotta do what we did and pray to the Disney Gods that free Dining is coming at some point and it has… and at the 180 days out we did our ADR’s and now its all coming together
Well at least it will tomorrow.
You can also keep trying as was mentioned in previous post as people cancel all the time.

GOOD LUCK