New here-trip planned

Hey all, this is a great forum, thanks for all the great info. I have a WDW trip scheduled for late October, 8 days 8 nights.

Going on the trip is myself, wife, mother in law, 5 and 3 yr old daughters and 6 month old baby boy. I have a work conference at the convention center so we are staying off site at the Floridays resort, which gets really good ratings so I am looking forward to that.

So far I have set up 5 day park hoppers for all of us. I also managed to get a reservation for breakfast at Cinderella’s royal table which I am really excited about! Any advice would be appreciated, I am imagining we will spend a lot of time in MK, and I already have my list going of must do rides.

I have read the stickies on fastpass and all the other tips, any other tips or must see items would be appreciated.

Quick ride Q’s: What rides would everyone recommend for 5 and 3 yr old girls? I really was hoping to get them on a fun roller coaster without freaking them out too much. I was thinking big thunder mtn railroad? Any others?

Thanks!

If you’re looking for a rollercoaster for young children, Goofy’s Barnstormer is a good choice. Welcome to Mousebuzz!

Welcome to MB and BTMRR is fun and as long as they don’t mind a bumpy ride. and as stated Goofy’s is great

Welcome to MB!:happy: Your first trip is always so exciting!

Your little girls will be happy in Mickey’s Toon Town Fair (where the said Barnstormer is). They’ll also love “visiting Minnie and Mickey’s houses” and that’s the place to get all the characters’ autographs.

Of course, Fantasyland at MK is the place for the pre-school crowd. They’ll love It’s a Small World, the Winnie the Pooh ride, Peter Pan, Dumbo, the Carousel. Don’t miss Mickey’s Philharmagic - it’s wonderful. Children react differently to Snow White. The witch scares a lot of them. You know your children best. In the rest of the park, they’ll enjoy Aladdin’s Magic Carpet Ride, shows like the Tiki Birds and Country Bear Jamboree. Pirates of the Caribbean is not scary, although going through the dark tunnels to the ride might make them nervous. Everyone loves Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin. They’ll probably enjoy the Laughing Floor with the Monsters Inc. gang too. Some kids love the Haunted Mansion - some are terrified. Once again - you know your kids. The train ride around the park is still one of my husband’s favourite attractions.:happy:

For 5 & 3 i’d also add jungle cruise, Swiss family treehouse & Tom Saywer’s Island. Only way they may not like them is if they’re very girly girls. Country Bear Jamboree would also be fitting for that age.

The Magic Kingdom is great for the little kids, and my kids have always loved it, but if your girls like the Playhouse Disney shows, Hollywood Studios will be a good park too, because they can meet those characters over there. There is also a Playhouse Disney Live on Stage show that all my children have enjoyed over the years. If your girls are animal lovers like my youngest, Rafiki’s Planet Watch in Animal Kingdom is great. There is a petting zoo type area called the Affection Section that is a lot of fun. My kids love the Safari ride too.

Happy planning and welcome to Mousebuzz!:happy:

And make time for Finding Nemo at Epcot and Turtle Talk - both at the Living Seas pavillion.:happy:

One word of advice - if your girls are afraid of bugs, loud noises and darkness skip “It’s Tough To Be A Bug”. I hear more screaming and crying in that “kid-friendly” attraction than any other. On the other hand, if bugs and stuff don’t scare them - it’s terrific fun.

I just wanted to chime in and say that the Floridays Resort is WONDERFUL!! We had a 3 bedroom February 08 and I fell in love. It is my only pick if I have to stay off property. You can usually get pretty good rates there as well. Have a great trip!

Welcome to MB!

I have to say, you made very good use of your limited time here by reading all the stickies. Good job!

And you scored a reservation at Cinderella’s Royal Table? WOW! I think that alone is worth the trip for your girls.

You may well return to MK for several days, but do plan a day for each park as they are all exciting in their own way. I guarantee you will find something to love in each one. Having hoppers will allow you to break away and go back to do things you loved again.

Late October is my favorite time to go. You will love it.
Have you considered doing Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party?

[QUOTE=llama;986742]And make time for Finding Nemo at Epcot and Turtle Talk - both at the Living Seas pavillion.:happy:

One word of advice - if your girls are afraid of bugs, loud noises and darkness skip “It’s Tough To Be A Bug”. I hear more screaming and crying in that “kid-friendly” attraction than any other. On the other hand, if bugs and stuff don’t scare them - it’s terrific fun.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I didn’t even think about Nemo or Crush, but my kids all love both of those. Great suggestion!

I have to second the Tough to be a Bug advice. My two older ones HATED it when they were little. My youngest, however, thinks it’s great and always has. :wacko:Go figure!:laugh:

Welcome to MB. I would like to add, go to parade routes a little early for good seats. In some of the parades the characters dance with the kids. And at that age my DS loved Fantasmic at Disney studios.

Wow, thanks for the replies! There is a ton of great info in this thread, I am going to print it out to bring it with on our trip. I am also really glad to hear that Floridays is great. It seems like everyone on here likes to stay on site, we just couldn’t afford it this year, but I hope to stay on site in the future. I will keep checking in and any other advice is welcome!