New Ice Cream Shop In France!

So I was looking for some different info at WDW Info and stumbled across this:

L’Artisan des Glaces, the new Artisan Ice Cream and Sorbet shop, has opened in the former location of the pavilion’s bakery. 16 different flavors are made on the premises, all with fresh ingredients - 10 ice creams (chocolate, vanilla, mint chocolate, pistachio, hazelnut, caramel fleur de sel, cherry, coconute-white chocolate, coffee and profiterole) and six sorbets (strawberry, mango, lemon, pomegranate, and mixed berry). Desserts will be sold by the scoop either in cups or cones. Adults may also add a liqueur to their ice cream, giving guests the option of hundreds of flavor combinations. Costs are $3.99 for 1 scoop, $6.10 for 2 scoops, or $11.50 with liqueur.

I don’t know about you all, but I’m there! (As soon as I’m in Epcot anyway)

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1134613]So I was looking for some different info at WDW Info and stumbled across this:

L’Artisan des Glaces, the new Artisan Ice Cream and Sorbet shop, has opened in the former location of the pavilion’s bakery. 16 different flavors are made on the premises, all with fresh ingredients - 10 ice creams (chocolate, vanilla, mint chocolate, pistachio, hazelnut, caramel fleur de sel, cherry, coconute-white chocolate, coffee and profiterole) and six sorbets (strawberry, mango, lemon, pomegranate, and mixed berry). Desserts will be sold by the scoop either in cups or cones. Adults may also add a liqueur to their ice cream, giving guests the option of hundreds of flavor combinations. Costs are $3.99 for 1 scoop, $6.10 for 2 scoops, or $11.50 with liqueur.

I don’t know about you all, but I’m there! (As soon as I’m in Epcot anyway)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for pointing this out…no more need to walk to B&C for ice cream now…:happy::happy:

Sounds like a stop in October.

I’ve had Pam drooling over this since the press release went out last week. Another stop on our around the world trips during F&W.

The real question is…will it be on the dining plan??

We were there yesterday and it was very good, very rich and creamy.

Why? Do they have beer flavored ice cream?

Yummo…but does that mean no more bakery?

The bakery moved. Bigger selection, more space. So now you have to choose, how to gain weight, ice cream or bakery,or both.:laugh:

The bakery moved next door to expand. I’m a little sad about it, I loved that it was small and kind of unknown. Now it’s huge but there’s not nearly enough seating for the size. People were standing with trays of food but no tables to sit at.

With this selection of flavors, Beaches and Cream can’t keep up. But I’ve never been one of those who is wild about B&C and instead think it’s slightly below average as far as ice cream parlors goes.

I’d expect a champagne sorbet or perhaps a beaujolais nouveau sorbet for food and wine fest.

We usually stay at Beach Club so my husband will sometimes pop in for something but only because we’re walking by.

I feel a little sad about that too. Bigger is not always better. (In fact I think the opposite is usually true - but it won’t stop me from trying the ice cream!)

I hope it’s displayed like the beautiful gelati shops in Europe.

[QUOTE=llama;1134658]I feel a little sad about that too. Bigger is not always better. (In fact I think the opposite is usually true - but it won’t stop me from trying the ice cream!)

I hope it’s displayed like the beautiful gelati shops in Europe.[/QUOTE]

You are right, bigger isn’t always better. The new bakery had a huge line, snaked around and out the door–MUCH longer than ever before and there was no place for all these people to eat. We lucked out both time we ate there, we timed it right and didn’t have a long line and we found a table but we were lucky.

The ice cream is in oblong pans, not sure how it’s displayed in Europe. (Like it used to be at Beach Club when they had gelato.)

By the way…I didn’t try it but you can add a shot of whipped cream flavored vodka, rum, or Grand Marnier to your ice cream. I just wasn’t in the mood that day but it’s something I may try in the future.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;1134659]
The ice cream is in oblong pans, not sure how it’s displayed in Europe. (Like it used to be at Beach Club when they had gelato.)[/QUOTE]

That’s the way!:happy:

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;1134659]You are right, bigger isn’t always better. The new bakery had a huge line, snaked around and out the door–MUCH longer than ever before and there was no place for all these people to eat. We lucked out both time we ate there, we timed it right and didn’t have a long line and we found a table but we were lucky.
[/QUOTE]

I wonder if the line ebbs and flows with the showing of the movie. We ate there once and there was a good size line. 20 mins later it was a ghost town.

Good! :mickey:

Good question. While we were eating I watched a lot of people walk up, look at the huge line and seating situation and walk away.