New job opening for Disney!

I just read this on Mickey News and had to let everybody know.

"How to apply for new Disney job: Chief Magical Official
posted by Dewayne Bevil on Jan 9, 2008 4:49:03 PM
Discuss This: Comments (0) | TrackBack (0) | Linking Blogs | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it
WARNING: This item will either delight you to the point of sprinkling pixie dust – or make you dizzy from all that serious eye-rolling. Beware. Disney, as part of the Year of a Million Dreams, is holding a job search/contest to name a Chief Magic Official.

Yep, the CMO.

Where to start? The part-time position begins May 1, 2008 (ending May 2009) and requires travel to Disney World and Disneyland resorts during the week plus some weekends and holidays. In the process, the successful candidate will “help create magical experiences for guests, participate in special events at Disney Parks and meet Disney’s real ‘masters of magic’ – the Imagineers,” so says the press release.

I’m told that these duties could include such things as kicking-off a new attraction or event. There’s going to be V.I.P. treatment and “highly visible” moments. The eventual CMO will be paid an hourly rate of compensation plus airfare, accomodations and a spending allowance.

Still here? At Disney Dream Jobs - CMO contest presented by CareerBuilder.com - Live the Magic in 2008 - Disney CMO, you can take an aptitude test, but to apply you must submit a 60-second video. (Lots more details at that site, too) The deadline is Jan. 27, 2008.

The top 10 video resumes will then be put up to a public vote. The top three vote-getters will participate in a three-day competition at Walt Disney World to test knowledge, enthusiasm and creativity. That contest will be taped and put online for another public vote.

Heaven, help us, but Donald Duck has already applied. (Hmmmm, will DD be disqualified for taking longer than 60 seconds?)"

:smile: Cool!!

I’m not joking…I actually started to cry when I read this. :blush:

I want this.

Wow. I have to at least try, right?

Let me get my camera ready since I told me boss where to stick it today

hehe, that sounds like fun. Peppertink and lovemysons should get to work on that. One of them is bound to be picked :wink:

Thanks for your vote of confidence there dear, but I didn’t see ornery and unrelentingly sarcastic on the list of qualifications. :laugh:

Well, with a bit of tweaking, even you, miss smartypants,could make something out of yourself :laugh:

Oh golly, do you think so?? You think I got potential???:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

OoOOoO, this is really exciting!!! I think I might have to check this out! :biggrin:

Well, if Peppertink and LMS aren’t going to apply, then that means I’m in, right? Right??? :laugh: :blink: :laugh:

Why yes. You’d make a great happy person:happy:

That would be a fantastic job!

My DH took the aptitude test yesterday. He is the one who told me about it. He is seriously thinking of applying.

I want in!

I took the aptitude test and I’m Mickey Mouse!!:mickey: Yay!!

Hey Willbegone, did the aptitude test link open up for you right away? I keep getting redirected to an ad page!

I would love to apply… :wub:

But I suspect they won’t pay for the commute… :pinch:

Is anyone going to enter for real? I REALLY REALLY want to enter but I am having a hard time thinking of a concept for a REALLY catchy 60 second video.

I am going to enter for real! I don’t know how great of a video I’ll be able to come up with, but my sister’s coming over this weekend with the video camera and we’re going to do our best. I am with you though, coming up with a concept for a catchy 60-second video is NOT easy. :blink:

I definitely can’t pass up this opportunity though, so I’m going to try. :happy:

Definitely not a job, that is a pleasure! Who wouldn’t have a blast with that?!?!