New Mexico Restaurant

When the refurb of Cantina in Mexico is complete is it going to be a TS, CS or both. I read on Allears that:

[I]"San Angel Inn, LLC, plans to open on the site a new 400-seat waterside restaurant and quick service food location “specializing in the freshly baked culinary flavors of Mexico.” [/I]

Am I reading this wrong?

Lisa

Man…I thought you were going to have news on a New Mexico restaurant at WDW. I’ve been craving a green chili hamburger.

And I was getting all excited about the possibility that Bill Richardson would be there for the opening ceremony.

We have very different ideas of about the land of enchantment…not that there is anything wrong with that.

:wink:

What, you want to talk about the new spaceport?

No their tasty tasty cuisine.

I’m not really very familiar with Mexican or New Mexican cuisine, however, I do recall that for a brief time in the 1980’s under the Old El Paso name, ConAgra was marketing a frozen Shrimp Puerto Vallarta entree that I really miss.

I hope they are open by September!

Yeah you just might want to take sometime and head out to Santa Fe…there are some good places in Albuquerque as well. Lots of great choice but for started go with a New Mexican green chili hamburger…and stay away from anything by ConAgra when forming an opinion on food.

I love the southwest. I have not had a good meal since I moved east of the Mississippi. Need to get out there soon before I starve.

As soon as it opens I will head over and try it out. Promise pictures and review.

Hey, Tigger, can you put the new Italian pizza restaurant on your list to review too? I am hoping that one has a counter service option and is open in October, when we go. Dying to have a great thin crust pizza.

Will do…

Ok right after i posted this I realized what it looked like! I am really talking about the new restaurant opening in Mexico.

I guess no one knows the answer to my question?

Lisa

[QUOTE=lisalovesmickey;1036182]Ok right after i posted this I realized what it looked like! I am really talking about the new restaurant opening in Mexico.

Lisa[/QUOTE]

I didn’t know about any update to the restaurant inside of Mexico but I can tell you the QS San Angel Inn (on the water font across from Mexico) is currently being updated.

when is the refurb of san angel and the new pizza place in italy supposed to be complete?

Thats the restaurant I am talking about. The one on the water outside of Mexico.

Lisa

[QUOTE=lisalovesmickey;1036182]Ok right after i posted this I realized what it looked like! I am really talking about the new restaurant opening in Mexico.

Lisa[/QUOTE]

I know Tigger and I knew darned well what you meant. But he started and I happily joined in simply looking for laughs until someone stopped us or we ran out of steam.
We’re talking about the current make over for the waterside Cantina, and that, I have no information on, other than when we passed it a few weeks ago, it was open, but wrapped in decorative scrim to hide the construction work from view.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1036230]I know Tigger and I knew darned well what you meant. But he started and I happily joined in simply looking for laughs until someone stopped us or we ran out of steam.
We’re talking about the current make over for the waterside Cantina, and that, I have no information on, other than when we passed it a few weeks ago, it was open, but wrapped in decorative scrim to hide the construction work from view.[/QUOTE]

Squirrel!

:laugh:

[QUOTE=tigger;1036231]Squirrel!

:laugh:[/QUOTE]

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1036230]I know Tigger and I knew darned well what you meant. But he started and I happily joined in simply looking for laughs until someone stopped us or we ran out of steam.
We’re talking about the current make over for the waterside Cantina, and that, I have no information on, other than when we passed it a few weeks ago, it was open, but wrapped in decorative scrim to hide the construction work from view.[/QUOTE]

so it is open then and still serving?