New Monorail Coming to WDW

“Also, we’re thrilled to announce that Walt Disney World Resort will bring an additional Monorail train into service. It’ll be identified by a new peach-colored stripe when it joins the fleet this fall. Over the next few weeks you may spot us testing the train on the Monorail beams before we bring it in to be painted.”

Disney Parks ?Quick Hits? ? August 12, 2011 Disney Parks Blog

I wonder if it is going to be a Mark IV or if it is an update. If it is a Mark IV that is a custom custom build. I wonder if they had to update anything due to new regulations.

I have questions!

Apparently its part new and part made of the two trains that crashed in 2009:ohmy:- waste not want not it seems!

Disney new monorail: Disney World to add new monorail train - OrlandoSentinel.com

Kind of excited to see if we can get a chance to see it first without any colors on it!
New Monorail train joins Disney’s fleet this fall - Central Florida News 13

Ok I am confused even more. Is this actually a new monorail or a rebuild of parts left over from the crash? I know that Teal was make up of sections of the two train involved in the crash. Maybe this is made up of the unused parts plus spar parts left over the Teal rebuild from Pink and Purple?

Or is this a whole new monorail?

[QUOTE=tigger;1086764]Ok I am confused even more. Is this actually a new monorail or a rebuild of parts left over from the crash? I know that Teal was make up of sections of the two train involved in the crash. Maybe this is made up of the unused parts plus spar parts left over the Teal rebuild from Pink and Purple?

Or is this a whole new monorail?[/QUOTE]

According to the link I found its components recycled from the crash and new components too.

Here is the relevant quote from the article:
Disney said the new train is made with a combination of new parts and components recycled from the two trains that collided. Another of the resort’s trains is made entirely of vehicles from the trains involved in the accident.

[QUOTE=dixie;1086766]According to the link I found its components recycled from the crash and new components too.

Here is the relevant quote from the article:
Disney said the new train is made with a combination of new parts and components recycled from the two trains that collided. Another of the resort’s trains is made entirely of vehicles from the trains involved in the accident.[/QUOTE]

I guess I should go take a few reading comprehension classes…I’ve gone rusty.

[QUOTE=dixie;1086759]Apparently its part new and part made of the two trains that crashed in 2009:ohmy:- waste not want not it seems!

Disney new monorail: Disney World to add new monorail train - OrlandoSentinel.com[/QUOTE]

That’s a little creepy.

:laugh:I know that rusty feeling too!

I have to say I think so too- especially as someone died in the crash?

Well maybe they should make it Monorail Black…the Haunted Mansion Express. They could do a whole new HM inspired audio track for it…sorry that is kind of morbid.

:ohmy: Tigger!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh::heart:

Instead of a new monorail, they should build a new track connecting to other resorts. Now that would be interesting!!!

It use to be a million dollar a mile for monorail track. The last estimate I read has it now at $25 million. This doesn’t include the stations and control systems.

Buses cost less, are more flexible schedule and route wise, and just aren’t as cool…yeah they should build the tracks to link up the rest of the resort!

For the prices they charge for everything, you would think they have enough mula to build another track and all the amenities required to run it.

Although, that would mean using less busses and then that would mean less people needed and we do not want to see anymore people losing their jobs.

OK Tigger, you owe me a new keyboard, just blew tea all over this one!

If it is $25 mil a mile then it must be a union job!

Glad theose folks didn’t pour the foundations for the houses I built, that’s for sure!!!

-Harry

Shouldn’t it be the GREEN train?!? :whistling :angel:

Well, the actual running gear and suspensions could be re engineered from existing parts as much as anything else. I believe that the new monorails at Disneyland aren’t really new, but simply “new”. The way I understand it is they basically rebuilt the existing trains, one at a time. They are all new construction bodies, but those are pretty much shells. Again, the guts are reused and improved.

But, a lot also depends on how much of the remaining crash train parts can be recycled and how much would be replaced anyway.
(I’m guessing that the two end cars were total write offs, while the mid train cars are all OK).

(No, I’ve not yet read the source article)

[QUOTE=hiner;1086783]For the prices they charge for everything, you would think they have enough mula to build another track and all the amenities required to run it.

Although, that would mean using less busses and then that would mean less people needed and we do not want to see anymore people losing their jobs.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, the buses are just a lot more flexible.

:laugh::laugh:and Disney are all about conserving the environment and recycling:laugh: