New online check in

I’m having mixed feelings about the new online check in and dining reservation system. I think I will miss the Disney feeling you get from cast members. I know it will be convenient, but I will miss the personal touches. Anyone else feel this way?

I like having the choice. But you are right, sometimes speaking with the CM is part of the magic. Unless you get a knucklehead.

I really love the online options now. I can’t stand the press one for English, etc…

I haven’t completed a trip doing the online options yet so I don’t know. I hope they keep the online options just that; an option. I like knowing I can call and speak with a CM if I need to. Sometimes I just have a little more confidence that my trip will be planned correctly when I’ve had contact with/confirmation from a CM. Plus, “Have a magical day!” really does improve my day!

I agree but I like the option when I’m too busy to call and sit on hold for 20 minutes (especially since the toll free numbers are gone).

I was talking to the CM I had on the phone yesterday!

She was so excited, and I said “Does it scare you it’s going to do your job?” and she replied “No!” She was excited, because it was just going to make her job more enjoyable and allow her to talk to people who call in longer"

She explained further saying: On any given day, there are 250+ people in the call cue AND they were getting a lot of complaints of long hold times, short CMs etc. So this system is only going to take the pressure off, and make your call in experience better! :happy:

The online dining is GREAT! After you pick time and place, if it’s not available it gives you other options. When you are all finished, it emails a receipt with the info to your inbox. Confirmation #s etc.

I think this is BETTER, it’s a HARD COPY of your ressie numbers. NO human error on your part or their’s.

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;969117]I was talking to the CM I had on the phone yesterday!

She was so excited, and I said “Does it scare you it’s going to do your job?” and she replied “No!” She was excited, because it was just going to make her job more enjoyable and allow her to talk to people who call in longer"

She explained further saying: On any given day, there are 250+ people in the call cue AND they were getting a lot of complaints of long hold times, short CMs etc. So this system is only going to take the pressure off, and make your call in experience better! :happy:[/QUOTE]
I like that! Makes for a more positive experience all the way around. If you want a live body to talk to, you got it. If you’d rather just do it yourself, you can do that too. Plus, when you do call in, you get someone who doesn’t feel so rushed to move on to the next call. I think it will mean much better service!

Used the online checkin in April. When we arrived at 10:30 am, the CM was very friendly. Our packet was ready, and we were in our room in less than 15 minutes. We will definitely use online checkin again.

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;969119]The online dining is GREAT! After you pick time and place, if it’s not available it gives you other options. When you are all finished, it emails a receipt with the info to your inbox. Confirmation #s etc.

I think this is BETTER, it’s a HARD COPY of your ressie numbers. NO human error on your part or their’s.[/QUOTE]

I like that feature as well, the e-mail. Now I can print it out with all the important information in case of any problems.

I prefer the “human experience”! I will try this, but I guess I will call DVC MS’ to make sure these reservations are in the system.

I am also eager to see how those who use this system do when tehy actually show up for tehir reservations. Make sure you give feedback guys, we are eager to see how they work out!

You can make ADR’s online? What is the link?

Nevermind. Found it.

Wow, I was told by CM last week that HDDR was booked solid our entire trip. Online, I’m seeing all kinds of availability for HDDR, but don’t know how to book without payment in full (we’re on the DDP).

I would probably call to do the majority of booking, but I love being able to check online for availability if I want to make changes or try to get something that was already booked. I am trying to adjust the time of one of our ADR’s by about an hour, and I just don’t feel right about calling to check on it frequently to have the CM’s keep telling me it’s not available. I know they probably do plenty of checking like that, but I always feel guilty - like I’m wasting their time. I love being able to check for myself each day online!

I just booked this today online and when you put in your reservation # it knows that you have a dining plan. It did not charge me, just put a courtesy hold on my credit card.

I LOVE the online ADR option. I like being able to take my time, change my mind, and peruse for as long as I want online. I always feel like I’m taking up the CM’s time when I have him/her on the phone…and I’m trying to make a decision about the options. They’re always more than patient and very helpful…but I really love this option now! Wish they had done it years ago!

Thanks, I finally figured that out last night and got the HDDR res. We need to cancel another right now (Cal. Grill) and I found you have to do that by phone, I guess since it’s CC guaranteed.

Deleted, redundant post.

I totally enjoy speaking with a CM rather than booking everything on the computer. It just makes me feel better.

I am sure in time the on line ressies and ADR’s will be more convenient and I will probably try it on our next trip. We’ll see.

We did use the on line check in for our trip in May and it was awesome experience.