NEW PARKS PROMOTION for 2010! "Give a Day, get a Disney Day!"

[QUOTE=leslieh;995939]Wow- I am impressed with this idea. I am the coordinator for Habitat for Humanity at my school, and you would be surprised at how many kids are in the Habitat Club!

Anytime I’m having a tough day, I just think about the 40 kids who want to volunteer to raise money and build houses. I wonder if Habitat will be one of the approved charities?[/QUOTE]

Actually, that was the one that came to my mind immediately. Talk about your “hands on” volunteer work!
I too am very interested to see the list. What a great idea. :smile:

I just got a passholder e-mail regarding this very issue. Passholders have a few choices instead of the ticket.

They are:

* Disney Special FASTPASS® cards for certain attractions for you and up to five additional members of your party
* A collectible Ear Hat figurine with exclusive trading pins
* Donate your free ticket to a non-profit organization designated by Disney Parks.

This is a great promotion, I hop I can take advantage of this with the family. I would love for the family to do a service project together.

[QUOTE=timkelmom;995985]I just got a passholder e-mail regarding this very issue. Passholders have a few choices instead of the ticket.

They are:

* Disney Special FASTPASS® cards for certain attractions for you and up to five additional members of your party
* A collectible Ear Hat figurine with exclusive trading pins
* Donate your free ticket to a non-profit organization designated by Disney Parks.

This is a great promotion, I hop I can take advantage of this with the family. I would love for the family to do a service project together.[/QUOTE]

I got this too . . . they are doing away with birthday pass and doing the giving back for the second part of the year. I think it’s a GREAT promotion. :wub:

[QUOTE=leslieh;995939]Wow- I am impressed with this idea. I am the coordinator for Habitat for Humanity at my school, and you would be surprised at how many kids are in the Habitat Club!

Anytime I’m having a tough day, I just think about the 40 kids who want to volunteer to raise money and build houses. I wonder if Habitat will be one of the approved charities?[/QUOTE]

I used to do all the print media for HFH Newark NJ. Great organization. I think there is a list on the website . . . I try and go and find it.

That’s pretty cool. I think it’s a great idea. But, idk… I’ve never really liked bribery to encourage volunteer work.

And, like the birthday promotion, this isn’t going to be that great of a deal for people with MYW tickets or seasonal/annual passes.

So… you can redeem the free ticket and not use it that day?

I think this is an awesome promotion. Good for Disney for thinking of it. I am not a fan for bribery for charity, but it does help motivate the people who would not otherwise donate their time. Perhaps some of these people will find a charity they like and go back again after. Soemtimes it just takes a little encouragement to get people to do the right thing.

Was also wondering what type of volunteer work would qualify so I followed the hands on link, found out there wasn’t an office in my area but did a zipcode search for others and this link came up: Northwest Louisiana Volunteer Center Northwest Louisiana Volunteer Center - powered by 1-800-Volunteer.org with a list of things you could do. You’ll notice the icons to the right, one being HON. Being a scout leader apparently that qualifies. If I take my girls to Rescue Misssion to serve meals (an example listed) then they’ll qualify too.
From my understanding once you register after Jan 1st you can register on the site with participating orgs that have also registered and track your hours with a vol org coordinator where they sign off. Once done, print out valid certificate and take to park. Once submitted tic must be used that day.
Still fuzzy on some things but that’s what I get from it so far.

I love that Disney is doing this! What a great incentive to get people to volunteer…and to get people into Disney parks. It’s a win-win. :happy:

thanks for the info! Disney I love!