New passholer perk?

I heard on the radio that new passholders get 15 months for free. But you have to buy it by dec 31st I just got my pass in january so I’ll be annoyed if this is true. I tried finding more info but I can’t seem to find any :frowning: anyone else hear this?

I heard about it but I am fuzzy on the details, I think I remember reading a lot of restrictions. Anyone have an official link to info?

I just renewed my pass a couple of weeks ago over the phone with DVC and will be activating it in less than 2 weeks when we are in WDW. It was my understanding the way the CM explained it that the 15 months was only on renewals and it would be included in my pass, but it did seem to have a lot of confusing details with it. I am not really counting on getting the extra 3 months, but it would be a nice bonus if we do.

See, I thought I read that it was NOT valid on renewals. Only on new annual passes?!?!

I thought it was only on new passes too. That’s not really fair if it is. We don’t know how long we’ll be in florida so I’m hesitant on if I even want to renew. But the extra three months would be REALLY helpful since we got my daughters pass in may (she was free until then)

I just found this on allears

Annual Pass Information and Benefits

I thought I heard it was just on renewals because with the economy there were a lot of people choosing not to renew and this was a way to entice them to.

Also, is a Tourist Annual Pass they refer to just a regular annual pass. I have never heard it called that before.

We renewed our annual passes in August(days before they were set to expire), paid for them then were told about the extra 3 months. Can’t complain.

I found this.

disneyworld.com/3free

but it’s only for FLA passholders

[QUOTE=jo-jo;991703]I found this.

disneyworld.com/3free

but it’s only for FLA passholders[/QUOTE]

We live in Texas and got the extra months.

You got a renewal? This was listed for new passes.

I just remembered we got the DVC discount this time when we renewed our annual park hoppers. Maybe this had something to do with it. We renewed mid August passes show expires mid Nov 2010.

So then why not wait, let your pass expire and then get the new one with the 3 months? Doesn’t make much sense either way? :confused: They should allow it on renewals as well (altho I think renewals are less then new passes) I’ll have to go and check out the website! :laugh: (now I’m confusing myself!) :blink:

You get your AP for 15 months when you renew.

Here is the exact information from the Annual Passholders website:

Great news! Passholders are now able to renew passes* at the special renewal rate AND get 3 additional months — that’s 15 months of Disney magic for the price of 12. What a way to save!

Think of the many reasons why being an Annual Passholder is so special. Enjoy Passholder perks like Disney Resort hotel offers, merchandise discounts and exclusive Passholder events. Perhaps you attended the Passholder sneak peek of Disney’s Tinker Bell movie or a special tour of the Cinderella Castle Suite. More Passholder special events are coming your way!

One of the great benefits of being a Passholder is that you can take your time in the theme parks without feeling rushed to see and do everything in one day. Passholders love the leisure to discover everything the Walt Disney World Resort has to offer, and visit favorite attractions again and again.

Relive your most magical Walt Disney World memories and create new ones. From now to August 31, 2010, simply renew by your anniversary date, or up to 30 days after, so you can lock in your 15 months. Your renewal expires 15 months after your original anniversary date, so don’t miss out on the magic—renew today!

*Offer not valid on Epcot After 4 Annual Pass. Expiring pass requred for renewal. Savings based on the non-discounted first time purchase price of the same pass. Excludes activities/events separately priced.

When I was there last week they had a big sign about it and we inquired. We were told it was for FL Resident season and annual pass holders only. Also it is only for renewals only, not new passes. We plan on taking advantage of this when our passes expire in Nov.

Walt Disney World&reg - Walt Disney World&reg - Special Offer

weird… i saw a sign at the AK that it is for florida resident passes. if you are buying a new pass you have til dec. 30th and if you are renewing you have til aug 10th 2010!!!

A bit confused here.:confused:

We are DVC members I purchased my annual passes (2 in July and 2 in August) and was never told anything about this by Member services. I will not be able to activate them until we go in October, but wouldn’t I hear something?:confused:

Also, I noticed this is in a DisneyLAND forum. Is it only for DisneyLAND? People keep talking about “Florida” so I am a bit confused.:confused:

(Drinking first sip of coffee as we speak, maybe I should wait for a full cup to get in the bloodstream before posting!:laugh:)

I think I should call MS and confirm!!!

nokey, here is the exact information form the Disney World AP website. I hope this clears it up, and I believe the DL offer is the same. If you purchased passes for the first time, the offer doesn’t apply.

Great news! Passholders are now able to renew passes* at the special renewal rate AND get 3 additional months — that’s 15 months of Disney magic for the price of 12. What a way to save!

Think of the many reasons why being an Annual Passholder is so special. Enjoy Passholder perks like Disney Resort hotel offers, merchandise discounts and exclusive Passholder events. Perhaps you attended the Passholder sneak peek of Disney’s Tinker Bell movie or a special tour of the Cinderella Castle Suite. More Passholder special events are coming your way!

One of the great benefits of being a Passholder is that you can take your time in the theme parks without feeling rushed to see and do everything in one day. Passholders love the leisure to discover everything the Walt Disney World Resort has to offer, and visit favorite attractions again and again.

Relive your most magical Walt Disney World memories and create new ones. From now to August 31, 2010, simply renew by your anniversary date, or up to 30 days after, so you can lock in your 15 months. Your renewal expires 15 months after your original anniversary date, so don’t miss out on the magic—renew today!

*Offer not valid on Epcot After 4 Annual Pass. Expiring pass requred for renewal. Savings based on the non-discounted first time purchase price of the same pass. Excludes activities/events separately priced.

This might be the loophole that everyone is thinking of… I will have to see if the lower DVC AP price counts as a discount and means DVC AP renewers don’t qualify. I will call them this morning and clarify.

sorry my bad wrong room:(