New perspective

Hi, All,
I haven’t posted in awhile but I do check in to read some posts at least weekly, if not more. For about 7 or 8 years now, I have had 60 pts. each at OKW and Vero Beach. We’ve used them to stay at several WDW resorts over those years. DW and I recently visited Sedona, AZ (not WDW but an amazing place nonetheless). In talking to other travelers, we found out that, in general, timeshares are selling very cheaply. When I got home and did a little research, I found out how true this is. I wound up buying a Wyndham timeshare, with points that would equate to roughly a 1BR every year or a 2BR every other, in prime season,for, believe it or not, $549 including closing costs. I chose Wyndham because they were the only timeshare company with resorts both in Sedona and at WDW (Wyndham Bonnet Creek). As we all know, Disney is very good at making money, and so their ROFR has kept this price drop from happening with DVC properties. At that point, I felt that owning DVC was almost pointless, as Bonnet Creek is pretty much onsite. So, I am hoping you all don’t consider me a traitor but I am selling my DVC. Interestingly, I listed the properties yesterday, and sold half the OKW points (it’s split up into 2 contracts) within 4 hours, at my full asking price. You can PM me if you’re interested in buying my other ones but the point of my post is how smart Disney is. Who would have guessed that the economy/real estate market would do what it did, yet with the ROFR, DVC has held its value while other timeshares have plummeted. I guess I owe them some thanks, as I will wind up “freeing up” a significant chunk of my money, and still go just as often and stay at a beautiful resort onsite. Just my two or three cents worth.

Hmmm, interesting.

We love Sedona too. We own at Sedona Springs…and Cypress Pointe…and DVC…and we are currently buying one at the OBX (taking advantage of the “cheaper” beach timeshares not quite as cheap as yours).

I personally don’t see you as a traitor just someone who has expanded their traveling options. Enjoy Sedona. It is one of the most beautiful places I have visited.

if your saving money my friend, i’m all for it

[QUOTE=wdwjeff;1047845]Hi, All,
I haven’t posted in awhile but I do check in to read some posts at least weekly, if not more. For about 7 or 8 years now, I have had 60 pts. each at OKW and Vero Beach. We’ve used them to stay at several WDW resorts over those years. DW and I recently visited Sedona, AZ (not WDW but an amazing place nonetheless). In talking to other travelers, we found out that, in general, timeshares are selling very cheaply. When I got home and did a little research, I found out how true this is. I wound up buying a Wyndham timeshare, with points that would equate to roughly a 1BR every year or a 2BR every other, in prime season,for, believe it or not, $549 including closing costs. I chose Wyndham because they were the only timeshare company with resorts both in Sedona and at WDW (Wyndham Bonnet Creek). As we all know, Disney is very good at making money, and so their ROFR has kept this price drop from happening with DVC properties. At that point, I felt that owning DVC was almost pointless, as Bonnet Creek is pretty much onsite. So, I am hoping you all don’t consider me a traitor but I am selling my DVC. Interestingly, I listed the properties yesterday, and sold half the OKW points (it’s split up into 2 contracts) within 4 hours, at my full asking price. You can PM me if you’re interested in buying my other ones but the point of my post is how smart Disney is. Who would have guessed that the economy/real estate market would do what it did, yet with the ROFR, DVC has held its value while other timeshares have plummeted. I guess I owe them some thanks, as I will wind up “freeing up” a significant chunk of my money, and still go just as often and stay at a beautiful resort onsite. Just my two or three cents worth.[/QUOTE]

Thanks you for the post.:angel::angel::angel: