New pizzeria coming to Italy?

Yay! this will be an excellent addition to Epcot dining.

Just read this on allears:

On my visit to Epcot today I saw a rather large structure going up in back of the Italy pavilion. I asked a number of people and was told that the building would house a new pizzeria called Napoli. Not sure if the restaurant will be called Pizzeria Napoli or Napoli Pizzeria. Also, I was told that the restaurant is scheduled to open September 1st of this year.

Here’s some pictures of the building under construction. At this point only the cinder blocks are going up, but as you can see it’s going to be a rather large building.

Looking into the pavilion you can see the scaffolding and cinder blocks going up.

Here is one photo that the author posted, and here is the link to the article so you can see more photos: Napoli Pizzeria Coming to Italy in Epcot (DizneyMike?s World)

Cool, although I am particular about my pizza being originally from NJ. I think an additional dining option is always a good idea.

That sounds like Napolini at DTD in DLR:) Although the one at DLR is sort of counter/deli service and is right next to Naples, the sit down Italian restaurant.

Well, they finally listened to me.:laugh: I’ve thought for years there should be a pizza place in Italy - I only hope that it’s going to be good, authentic pizza - not the sorry stuff they sell elsewhere in the park.

For real!!

It’s about time. Disney needs some good pizza!

If the pizza is good (not the nasty stuff Disney currently serves) then this is great news.

Well IT’S ABOUT TIME!!! :laugh: Seeing as pizza is my most favorite food on the planet & I am also VERY particular about a good pie. This BETTER be the real stuff!

Peppertink, I never tried that Napolini pizza in DL’s DTD, how is it?

• This conversation reminds me of the time we stayed at Boardwalk & Daniel went up to the old pizza window to order & said, “can we get a large pie please?” The CM at the window told him “the Boardwalk Bakery is next door, this is the pizza window.” :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Saaay wha’?

I need seriously thin crispy crust with kalamata olives, fresh tomato sauce and goat cheese.

And I need it RIGHT NOW.

…Or insanely thick, buttery Chicago-style crust with gooey mozzarella, lumpy fresh tomato sauce, onions and mushrooms.

Also NOW.

[QUOTE=MissDisney;1014383]I need seriously thin crispy crust with kalamata olives, fresh tomato sauce and goat cheese.

And I need it RIGHT NOW.[/QUOTE]

CPK at GSP? shucks, if only I wasn’t working today. :tongue:

[QUOTE=MissDisney;1014384]…Or insanely thick, buttery Chicago-style crust with gooey mozzarella, lumpy fresh tomato sauce, onions and mushrooms.

Also NOW.[/QUOTE]

OK, I’ll take that option please! :laugh:

Having spent 2 yrs in Italy I’m looking forward to this place. I got spoiled on what a good pizza is. The only place I been able to find a true Italian pizza here in the states is a little Restaurant just outside of St Louis. Since I live in Pa it hard to get them to deliver. The American pizza have way to much tomato paste or sauce on it. I like mine senso olovio. ( no oil) and the crust must be thin and cooked in a true pizza oven. Most americans who had a true italian pizza from the area around Bologna down to Assissi know what I mean.

It will be interesting to see what type of pizza they have, Chicago-style deep dish(yummy) or the NY-style thin crust. Got to love Pizzarea Uno’s or Gino’s East!

This will be lovely if it is a Pizza place. Having just returned from Rome and Florence, I know what a good pizza should be like. Although the nicest one I ever had was in NYC! but then I’m English what would I know about Pizza:laugh:

I hope they construct an authentic brick oven pizzeria, anything else would blasphemy.

I once had an excellent pizza in London, it was around the corner from the Victoria & Albert Museum.

Do you remember the name of the restaurant?

My favorite St. Louis delivery pizza is Imo’s – oh man do I love that pizza!!!

Ahhhh yes, like Lombardi’s in NYC, but there oven is like a million years old & the best in the world. :laugh: