New Refillable Mug Design Yet?

I’m headed to WDW in the next few days. If anyone has been recently did you happen to notice if the refillable mugs are still the YOAMD or if they have a new design out yet? This will help me decide if I should pack the ones I already have or if I can leave them home and buy new ones!!

Touchy subject around here (about packing your old ones :pinch::laugh:). But I think it’s safe to say the mugs are still the YOAMD design :happy:. They will probably change as of 1/1 to the WHAT WILL YOU CELEBRATE design. I can’t wait to see what those will look like!

There is a thread floating around about the official mug rules. Dopey posted it only a week or so ago. They are for length of stay only. You do what you want to do as most people do anyway.

This subject always blows up into controversey on here Monique. You have been a member long enough to know this. Let’s keep this thread nice please.

I thought that thread also said something about bringing your old and just paying for the refill fee. Or maybe that is something they will do in the future???

i think that was just speculation about a good idea, taken from how the water parks do it.

i can’t wait to see the new design! one of mine got lost in the move this summer (still hoping to find it as a surprise in some random box i unpack) - so i NEED a new one for home - so glad it’ll be a new design (but i’d have been happy for the old design too)!!:blush:

Water park mugs can be brought back but not the resort mugs, they are good for only one trip.

I can’t wait to see the new Refillable Mug Design looks like too!

There’s a picture of the mugs on one of the pictures from the post Wishy posted about the Contempo Cafe. It looks like the same mug from last year.

As recently as October 25, they still had the YOAMD mugs with blue, black, or silver handles. (That’s when we headed for home.)
I’d say it’s a safe assumption they haven’t changed yet.

[QUOTE=Dana;904743]There is a thread floating around about the official mug rules. Dopey posted it only a week or so ago. They are for length of stay only. You do what you want to do as most people do anyway.

This subject always blows up into controversey on here Monique. You have been a member long enough to know this. Let’s keep this thread nice please.[/QUOTE]

To be honest, I had no idea this was a touchy subject; hence my question. I’ve known so many people to bring their previously purchased mugs back that I just figured it was a personal decision. Believe me when I say that I didn’t mean to cause a “brew haa haa”.:blush:

:ph34r: And yet another Mber falls victim to the reusable mug debate…:eek:

You’re not the first and you won’t be the last, Monique. I think it’s THE #1 hot topic around here. That, and “can I get 5 adults in a value room?” :laugh:

By the way, have a great trip!! You leave so soon :happy:

[QUOTE=leslieh;905047]
You’re not the first and you won’t be the last, Monique. I think it’s THE #1 hot topic around here. That, and “can I get 5 adults in a value room?” :laugh:[/QUOTE]

There is a bit of a difference in these topics.
The “5 adults” discussions never get heated. It’s more like “why would you try to jam 5 adults into such a small room?” or “those rooms are so small, with 5 adults, you need to go outside to change your mind”. Never mind the acrobatics you need to go through with CRO.
The “reusable mug” discussion on the other hand, gets really emotional and personal really fast, with posters in one of three camps. Camp 1 says “it’s OK to use your old mugs”. Camp 2 says “you can never reuse your mugs from previous trips because basically, you didn’t pay for the privilege this time”. Camp 3 says “you shouldn’t, but go ahead and try, just don’t come crying to me when you get caught and your wrist slapped”.
And that’s all I’m going to say.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;905067]There is a bit of a difference in these topics.
The “5 adults” discussions never get heated. It’s more like “why would you try to jam 5 adults into such a small room?” or “those rooms are so small, with 5 adults, you need to go outside to change your mind”. Never mind the acrobatics you need to go through with CRO.
The “reusable mug” discussion on the other hand, gets really emotional and personal really fast, with posters in one of three camps. Camp 1 says “it’s OK to use your old mugs”. Camp 2 says “you can never reuse your mugs from previous trips because basically, you didn’t pay for the privilege this time”. Camp 3 says “you shouldn’t, but go ahead and try, just don’t come crying to me when you get caught and your wrist slapped”.
And that’s all I’m going to say.[/QUOTE]

so true! :laugh:

Monique…As previously said “You aren’t the first and won’t be the last”. Hope you didn’t get hurt feelings. I have been berated a couple of times, not on this subject but other. Take the advice and bounce right back. I guess what needs to be said is FOLLOW YOUR CONSCIENCE, If it feels wrong, don’t do it. From year to year our mugs get pretty well used, so buying a brand new mug is kind of fun anyway. Have a great time.

Monique

Enjoy your time!! I am right behind you and ILUVWDW. I don’t understand the nastiness over Disney. They should be the same and I say take 'em if you want and to heck with everyone else.

A

I’m waiting for the Boss Mouse beer mug of eternal fullness.

We were just there and they were the same.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;905067]There is a bit of a difference in these topics.
And that’s all I’m going to say.[/QUOTE]

:laugh:LOL - I’m keeping my opinions on this matter to myself, lol!

[QUOTE=CarolinaTilt;905188]Monique

Enjoy your time!! I am right behind you and ILUVWDW. I don’t understand the nastiness over Disney. They should be the same and I say take 'em if you want and to heck with everyone else.

A[/QUOTE]

See ya at WDW! We’ll be there the same time! :happy:

Looks like we’ll be there at the same time as you and I promise you I will NOT be checkin’ out your refillable mug! :glare: Enjoy your trip. I can’t wait.:tinytree: