New refillable mugs

New mugs with RIFD bars are starting to roll out at WDW. News and Review!: Rapid Fill Refillable Mugs for Walt Disney World Resorts Now in Use | the disney food blog

One thing different in that article than others I’ve seen, is a 2 min refill time. I’ve seen 3 and 5 mins. 2 mins is a good amount of time. Many times my DH would get a mug, drink maybe 2/3 of it , top it off and then head back to the room. I’m sure that is still less than 2 mins, but not by much. I would really really hate to have to sit around waiting if the time is longer than the 2 mins.

I do wish they were microwaveable. Many times (before DVC) I would zap the cup a bit so the coffee would be piping hot in case DH wasn’t ready to drink it right away.

The pricing is per calender day, not per resort day. If you check in a 3 pm on friday for a 2 night stay, your 2 day mug purchase ends at midnight on saturday. I don’t understand why they don’t have it timed for at least 48hrs from time of check in.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1137078]One thing different in that article than others I’ve seen, is a 2 min refill time. I’ve seen 3 and 5 mins. 2 mins is a good amount of time. Many times my DH would get a mug, drink maybe 2/3 of it , top it off and then head back to the room. I’m sure that is still less than 2 mins, but not by much. I would really really hate to have to sit around waiting if the time is longer than the 2 mins.

I do wish they were microwaveable. Many times (before DVC) I would zap the cup a bit so the coffee would be piping hot in case DH wasn’t ready to drink it right away.

The pricing is per calender day, not per resort day. If you check in a 3 pm on friday for a 2 night stay, your 2 day mug purchase ends at midnight on saturday. I don’t understand why they don’t have it timed for at least 48hrs from time of check in.[/QUOTE]

…now that I don’t understand at all… A two night stay should be two nights…if you check in on Friday, for two nights, I think it should be valid until the end of the day on Sunday…After all, you are able to check out and then store your luggage until you leave on that Second day…this system makes no sense at all…

Awesome …
Now when we pool hop we can refill !!! … Sweet :pirate:

I agree on that point, smallword! Overall, I don’t mind the change to the mugs but I think it is a bit of nickel and diming to say that if you arrive on the Friday afternoon you have to pay for 3 days in order to use your mug during your whole day. I guess they are trying to get more people just to purchase the “length of stay” option but this seems like a money grab to me.

We usually get the cups free with the dining plan.so I guess thats over.if not how would that work

I still miss the resort specific mugs. I still need a couple to complete my collection. So far I only have the ones from the resorts we actually stayed at.

They are getting harder and harder to find.

-Harry

Harry, I agree I like the resort specific mugs too. I have a question though,what about iced tea ,or coffee, or hot chocolate.I didn’t see them in the soda refill machine station. I don’t drink much soda but I can’t live without my iced tea.

You still get the mugs with the dining plan. It would be considered a “length of stay” mug which you also have the option to buy when you are not on a dining plan.

You are able to refill the mug and the machine knows when the proper ounces have filled up. After it’s has filled, you have to wait a whole two minutes to get additional refills.

It’s more then reasonable. I like how it stops at the proper ounces for the mug too, so there is no wasting it. You are able to put multiple flavors in it as well if you are like my daughter and like to mix your drinks. The machine tracks when and where you refill, so there is no beating this system. If you only get one fill on a cup, one fill is all you get. If you get three day mug, three days is all you get and they are able to check you mug to see when it was bought, how many fills you have had and where you filled them.

What about the drinks with more carbonation? Whenever I’m filling up a cup of Diet Coke, I usually have to stop mid-pour so that the fizz can die down.

…good question…we use ours mostly for hot choc, hot tea or iced tea…I’m sure they will have some similar machine to make it work…

i think this idea is stupid. but i am the girl that gets back from the parks dehydrated and stands at the machine filling my cup up over and over again lol. **** you disney!

[QUOTE=Dana;1137096
I like how it stops at the proper ounces for the mug too, so there is no wasting it. [/QUOTE]

Once at POP, I was waiting to fill my mug and a 12 ish age girl was filling part with diet coke, topping it with sprite…oops…she meant orange…dump some of it…add whatever…dump…add…dump…add… Meanwhile, I’m getting gray hair waiting. Finally an adult yells “BRIANNA, KNOCK IT OFF” and she stops the soda torture.

So counting ounces could be a good thing.

My DH is just like that. But if it’s only two mins, I’m ok with that. It was the 5 mins that I heard before that would have been unworkable. With that number is mind, I was already doing the math of buying big bottles and keeping them in the room.

I was just reading through all the comments to this article/blog and there are several people that state that coffee/tea/hot choc are not affected by the mug/chip yet.

I don’t know if they plan to change the machines later, or it’s just too complicated to do so. I would imagine that the soda machines are the ones that get the most use…

EDIT: I should have clarified that I meant reading through the comments on the actual article–not those here— sorry.

I always tilt my for less carbonation - you know like you are filling a beer from a keg. or you could stick a straw in it and there is no carbonation. I have no idea. I am just repeating what I saw from the video.

[QUOTE=WALL;1137080]Awesome …
Now when we pool hop we can refill !!! … Sweet :pirate:[/QUOTE

Hahahaha! Can always count on you to stir the pot!!!:laugh:

…on the other hand…maybe those mug sensors aren’t a bad thing…I caught myself pushing the button on the single serve this morning BEFORE I had put the cup on the platform!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :pinch:

All I can say is wow…wow …wow…wall street