New Resort Airline Check-in process

We just checked out of Beach Club Saturday and there was a slight change to the luggage check-in process. Included in our check out Magical Express envelope we got a small white luggage tag for each person on our ME reservation. The instructions included removing all the airline and ME tags and placing the enclosed valet tag to our bags.

I’m not really sure what the point of the new luggage tag was, we put it on, took our bags down to the airline check in desk, the CM printed our airline tags, removed the valet tags and placed the airline tags on our luggage.

We did not get these tags when we checked out of Beach Club or Pop in June so this must be something that has just started.

All these procedures are starting to confuse me…:huh:

I wasn’t expecting the tags and they confused me at first. I wasn’t sure what they were at first but the directions were pretty clear.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;1083861]We just checked out of Beach Club Saturday and there was a slight change to the luggage check-in process. Included in our check out Magical Express envelope we got a small white luggage tag for each person on our ME reservation. The instructions included removing all the airline and ME tags and placing the enclosed valet tag to our bags.

I’m not really sure what the point of the new luggage tag was, we put it on, took our bags down to the airline check in desk, the CM printed our airline tags, removed the valet tags and placed the airline tags on our luggage.

We did not get these tags when we checked out of Beach Club or Pop in June so this must be something that has just started.[/QUOTE]

Were they not going to tag your bags and allow them on the bus without the new white luggage tags? :confused: You think there would be a better reasoning for a guest having to do something that seems so mundane. But being that this is Disney … there’s always a reason for everything!

I really didn’t see the point either. Maybe it’s to keep bags straight if the counter is busy. I know the bag check in at Pop was a whole lot busier than Beach Club but even then you stay with your bags and watch them tag them so I don’t see an issue even if the counter is busy.

Seems like a waste of paper … :blink:

In the trips I have taken in the past year or so, I have found the Resort Airline Check in procedure to be slightly different each time. Sometimes our boarding passes get printed out and delivered to our rooms the night before check out. Sometimes they don’t.

On our big family trip in April, luggage tags were delivered to the rooms for some members of our party but not all even though we were all on the same flight and all the information had been entered the same way at the same time. It was a little confusing and bizarre but we got it all worked out without much issue.

I am certain there is a valid reason for it, but what that reason is I can’t think of. I love how they try new and better things to improve service and expedite all the things that have going on at once, but I don’t really get the purpose either. I would love to hear from a WDW resort CM as to why they are doing this. I don’t see it being a hassle or an issue, but I am curious as to why they want this done.