New Restaurant at AKL

A new restaurant coming to WDW. It will be Sanaa restaurant located at the villas at AKL. The menu will contain African food and Indian food. It is scheduled to open May 1st and they are begining to take reservations now. That would be cool to be the first at something new at WDW.

This sounds so interesting to me. WishUponAStar recently posted a thread showing pictures of the food to be served there. I can’t wait to get feedback on this place…I wonder if it will be 1 credit or 2??

Sanaa sounds like it will be exotic and a real adventure, and here is a link to the earlier thread, in case anyone would like to see pics of the food!

http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/wdw-restaurants/49324-sanaa-menu-details-food-pics.html

From Deb’s Unofficial Walt Disney World Vacation Information Guide - WDW Planning Guide - Walt Disney World

Sanaa -The restaurant is planning to serve familiar foods from tandoor ovens and slow-cooked specialties with the flavorful spices of Africa. Menu items are tentatively scheduled to include tandoori selections, curry entrees, salad sampler platters, paneer cheese with spinach, and Indian style breads. The inspiration for the creative menu is the many cultures and cuisines along the historical spice route—Africa, India, China and Europe.

Tandoori is a marinated meat cooked over an intense fire in a tandoor. A tandoor is a clay oven in which a hot fire is built. Marinated meats are lowered into the oven on long metal skewers and cooked in this smoky and extremely hot environment.

It is anticipated that Sanaa’s menu prices will range from $4.49 to $21.99, though these prices are subject to change as the menus is finalized. *All prices are subject to change without notice:

Lunch*: Appetizer $ 5.49 - 11.99; Entrees $ 11.49 - 20.99; Dessert $ 4.49 - 5.49
Guests 3-9 $ 7.59

Dinner*: Appetizer $ 5.49 - 11.99; Entrees $ 16.99 - 21.99; Dessert $ 4.49 - 5.49
Guests 3-9 $ 7.59

Guests planning on dining at Sanaa are encouraged to make advance dining reservations as same-day availability may be limited.

I still need to see the menu first.
Case in point, I’m still waiting for the first revision of The Wave’s.
And I think it’s finally time for me to try Citrico’s.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;943875]
And I think it’s finally time for me to try Citrico’s.[/QUOTE]

When you do, I need 100% complete and total details and description! The Citrico’s menu looks delicious to me, but the place has always seemed a little too fancy for us to book, since we might be showing up in park clothes. I may be way off base, so give me lots of scoop! :happy:

The food looks interesting for Sanaa, I’m looking forward to someone trying it and giving us a review.

[QUOTE=MissDisney;943862]From Deb’s Unofficial Walt Disney World Vacation Information Guide - WDW Planning Guide - Walt Disney World

Sanaa -The restaurant is planning to serve familiar foods from tandoor ovens and slow-cooked specialties with the flavorful spices of Africa. Menu items are tentatively scheduled to include tandoori selections, curry entrees, salad sampler platters, paneer cheese with spinach, and Indian style breads. The inspiration for the creative menu is the many cultures and cuisines along the historical spice route—Africa, India, China and Europe.

Tandoori is a marinated meat cooked over an intense fire in a tandoor. A tandoor is a clay oven in which a hot fire is built. Marinated meats are lowered into the oven on long metal skewers and cooked in this smoky and extremely hot environment.

It is anticipated that Sanaa’s menu prices will range from $4.49 to $21.99, though these prices are subject to change as the menus is finalized. *All prices are subject to change without notice:

Lunch*: Appetizer $ 5.49 - 11.99; Entrees $ 11.49 - 20.99; Dessert $ 4.49 - 5.49
Guests 3-9 $ 7.59

Dinner*: Appetizer $ 5.49 - 11.99; Entrees $ 16.99 - 21.99; Dessert $ 4.49 - 5.49
Guests 3-9 $ 7.59

Guests planning on dining at Sanaa are encouraged to make advance dining reservations as same-day availability may be limited.[/QUOTE]

My mouth is watering Mmmmm

Will it be on the dinning plan and is it May this year it opens???

WDW News Today says it will be open May 1, 09 and be a table service. It did not mention being on the meal plan.

Miss Disney, look for a possible report on Citrico’s in mid June.

I think waiting until a restaurant “settles in” is a good idea.

We went to Raglan Road the first month it opened and it was TERRIBLE!:blow: Swore we’d never go back. But back we went last month and it was WONDERFUL! Completely revamped menu. As for this one - I’m not a huge fan of Indian food…but it looks interesting.

[QUOTE=llama;944092]I think waiting until a restaurant “settles in” is a good idea.

We went to Raglan Road the first month it opened and it was TERRIBLE!:blow: Swore we’d never go back. But back we went last month and it was WONDERFUL! Completely revamped menu. As for this one - I’m not a huge fan of Indian food…but it looks interesting.[/QUOTE]

I am not a fan of Indian food AT ALL. But hoping they will have something for those NON-Adventurous eaters. DH would LOVE this place for sure.

I have to try this place out this summer…I love Indian food.