New rooms at POR?

So I’ve just started the planning for our September trip & we want to stay at POR again (stayed there in 2010 & LOVED it!!). I’ve read about some new rooms “Royal Suites” but I can’t seem to find out any info about the size- it’s me, DH & 3 kids (15, 9 & 6) so POR is a good fit in our budget but could we/should we consider these new suites? where can I find more information about them? Thanks!

They’re “Royal Rooms”, not suites, as far as I know. They’re still the same size POR rooms, just renovated.

But Deb Wills of Allears was just there (what? I’m not stalking her! I follow her tweets!) so I’m betting there will be a nice set of pictures up on allears.net in a few days! Here’s the one pic she posted:

https://twitter.com/#!/AllEarsDeb/status/178574179833090048/photo/1

We just stayed at POR in October in a remodeled but NOT Royal Room and it was wonderful! I can only imagine if they put the same (probably more) effort into the Royal rooms you can’t go wrong. Enjoy your trip!

they charge a bit more for the royal rooms :pinch:

The Royal Rooms are called “storybook rooms” and are the same size as any other room at POR. I just booked one of these for my client for September for his “princesses” AKA his wife and 4year old daughter. Here’s a link with more information Specialty Rooms Will Give Guests The Royal Treatment Disney Parks Blog . Here’s a link to some great pics royal rooms at port orleans - Recherche Google

The rooms are gorgeous and if you get them with a standard view, not that expensive. I think it was a little over $300 more for the entire vacation for my client to book this room over standard. Worth it to me as I love to feel like a princess… The headboards have fiber-optic light fireworks shows… how’s that for magic?

Very cool Dana, I am looking at the WDW site right now, and they do not have royal rooms listed for booking, just standard, water view or preferred. Is that because they are just not available? I also can’t seem to find out whether the renovations are complete at POR.

[QUOTE=Dana;1104165]The Royal Rooms are called “storybook rooms” and are the same size as any other room at POR. I just booked one of these for my client for September for his “princesses” AKA his wife and 4year old daughter. Here’s a link with more information Specialty Rooms Will Give Guests The Royal Treatment Disney Parks Blog . Here’s a link to some great pics royal rooms at port orleans - Recherche Google

The rooms are gorgeous and if you get them with a standard view, not that expensive. I think it was a little over $300 more for the entire vacation for my client to book this room over standard. Worth it to me as I love to feel like a princess… The headboards have fiber-optic light fireworks shows… how’s that for magic?[/QUOTE]

Would you happen to know if any of the Storybook Rooms have the fold down bed for the 5th person?
Where are the HM rooms? Those look really cool!

double post :pirate::pirate:

[QUOTE=Mickeybug;1113958]Would you happen to know if any of the Storybook Rooms have the fold down bed for the 5th person?
Where are the HM rooms? Those look really cool![/QUOTE]

This is what I found out:

On the disney website, they are referred to as royal guest rooms, standard view, garden view, water view or river view. The royal guest rooms are located in the mansions part of the resort, according to a CM, and the fold down beds are found in the renovated rooms in the Alligator Bayou section.

Now, as we know, sometimes we get accurate info from CM’s on the phone, and sometimes we don’t.

[QUOTE=Mickeybug;1113958]Would you happen to know if any of the Storybook Rooms have the fold down bed for the 5th person?
Where are the HM rooms? Those look really cool![/QUOTE]

The Royal Rooms do not have the fold down bed and are located in the Magnolia Bend closest to the river and food court area.

This link show their exact location

Port Orleans Riverside: Royal Guest Rooms in the Magnolia Bend Mansion Buildings

Thanks you two, I figured it would be something like that. Sometimes it seems like having 3 kids you miss out on a lot of cool stuff down there.

Where would be a good location for the Haunted Mansion rooms? I would pick POFQ. New Orleans has an eerie mystique about it with all it’s haunted history and voodoo, that’s seems the only place it would fit.

[QUOTE=Mickeybug;1115309]Thanks you two, I figured it would be something like that. Sometimes it seems like having 3 kids you miss out on a lot of cool stuff down there.

Where would be a good location for the Haunted Mansion rooms? I would pick POFQ. New Orleans has an eerie mystique about it with all it’s haunted history and voodoo, that’s seems the only place it would fit.[/QUOTE]

POFQ would be idea for something cool like that.:heart:

Oh my! I just looked at the Alligator Bayou rooms pics and honestly I don’t know if I could get DH to stay there. The Rooms…Are…SMALL!! I could see myself running into the footboard trying to get out of the bathroom at night. Maybe due to the positioning of the furniture but even the Values “appear” to have room to move about in.
We may just stick with sog or deluxe as long as the discounts are still there, at least for awhile longer.

I would love HM rooms!!! Is there any real talk of them yet? I dreamt I was at a purse store and bought a HM mug last night. Funny b/c I don’t carry a purse. My HM mug was the only one. Any dream analysis on that one?
Btw- lol Andrea!

[QUOTE=Mickeybug;1115312]Oh my! I just looked at the Alligator Bayou rooms pics and honestly I don’t know if I could get DH to stay there. The Rooms…Are…SMALL!! I could see myself running into the footboard trying to get out of the bathroom at night. Maybe due to the positioning of the furniture but even the Values “appear” to have room to move about in.
We may just stick with sog or deluxe as long as the discounts are still there, at least for awhile longer.[/QUOTE]

I’ve stayed in both the Value rooms and the POR rooms…there definitely is more room at POR…I have not stayed in the Alligator Bayou rooms specifically but I am sure they must be the same size as Magnolia Bend and FQ rooms…

This is a floor plan of Alligator Bayou…

[QUOTE=zoey9797;1115313]I would love HM rooms!!! Is there any real talk of them yet? I dreamt I was at a purse store and bought a HM mug last night. Funny b/c I don’t carry a purse. My HM mug was the only one. Any dream analysis on that one?
Btw- lol Andrea![/QUOTE]

:laugh::laugh::laugh: I love dreaming about Disney.

I know the rooms at all of the Moderates resorts are larger than the Value resorts except for the suites. One thing to remember is part of the renovation is to change the beds from double to queen size. This would make the room look a little smaller.

Valid point! Yes, the changing of the beds did make them look like they shrank a little! The bayou and magnolia bend’s rooms are the same size.

[QUOTE=Mickeybug;1115309]Thanks you two, I figured it would be something like that. Sometimes it seems like having 3 kids you miss out on a lot of cool stuff down there.

Where would be a good location for the Haunted Mansion rooms? I would pick POFQ. New Orleans has an eerie mystique about it with all it’s haunted history and voodoo, that’s seems the only place it would fit.[/QUOTE]

Cyndi,
Your making this tooooo hard on yourself. Get the 3 kids a room at the cheapest value and you and hubby get a room at one of the resorts you have been itching to stay at. Throughout the trip text them 30 minutes before you decide to eat, no matter where in the world you are, and if they don’t show up move on and go with the flow. On your way home tell them what time you will be at the resort of your choice for them and if they are not there tell them they can figure it out on their own how to get a bus back to LA. There, room problem solved.:laugh:

[QUOTE=Pam&Rich;1115322]Cyndi,
Your making this tooooo hard on yourself. Get the 3 kids a room at the cheapest value and you and hubby get a room at one of the resorts you have been itching to stay at. Throughout the trip text them 30 minutes before you decide to eat, no matter where in the world you are, and if they don’t show up move on and go with the flow. On your way home tell them what time you will be at the resort of your choice for them and if they are not there tell them they can figure it out on their own how to get a bus back to LA. There, room problem solved.:laugh:[/QUOTE]

On the 2014 we’re looking at we may be able to do that, DD17 will be 19 then and can take the other 2 youngers off our hands :biggrin:

On the Mod’s i’m not talking about how big the rooms actually are but rather the space available to navigate through. In the pics it looks like the beds stick out into the walkway coming out of the bathroom area (maybe those bigger beds idk). The decor looks lovely, very authentic. I wish the regular rooms were spaced out as much as the ADA ones. I think it would be perfect then.