New rope drop procedure

Sorry if this has been mentioned but when we were at Epcot last week, we encountered a new rope drop. We enter Epcot from the International Gateway. They let us through the gates there around 745am for early opening.
We could walk all the way through England and Canada but couldn’t cut down the side walkway leading to Future World. We had to take the center concourse. Then at the entrance to the walkway to the Land there was a rope for the International Gateway patrons on one side and another on the opposite side of that entrance for the main gate people. Both sides had to follow CM’s through the walkway up to and down to Soarin, right up to the entrance to the attraction. No fast passes were issued until 9am.
I’m not sure if this has become the “standard” entrance or if it was used because it was an early opening day.
Frank

In March, we had to follow cm’s to Soarin’ as well, I have to say, it was better than the free for all stampede that sometimes can occur. People were still racing, but it was controlled chaos, I guess! And yes, during EMH, fastpasses, were not issued until 9:00am the last time we were there.

We experienced this procedure once during our last trip. Maybe it’s just for the high season?

In Sept 08, when we entered thru the gateway, we HAD to wait till almost to 8 AM before they would open the ticket turnstiles. That was such a pain, you wait to get in and then the person in front of you has ticket problems. So I’m hoping the standard will be to let you in at least partway.

>> then the person in front of you has ticket problems.<<

That’s a whole saga in and of itself <G>. I could go on for hours.

Frank

[QUOTE=fjs08;985078]>> then the person in front of you has ticket problems.<<

That’s a whole saga in and of itself <G>. I could go on for hours.

Frank[/QUOTE]

Haha, I know! So many times I think to myself, oh please, please, let there be no ticket troubles!! :laugh:

>>Haha, I know! So many times I think to myself, oh please, please, let there be no ticket troubles!! <<

ROFL. I know… last time I had the problems. Somehow my AP was demagnetized. They let me in, rode Soarin, went to Guest Services (GS) at Epcot, got a new card and my new AP. My old card expired in 3 days no less. Went back to The Land to get a Fast Pass (FP) for Soarin and the “current” new card didn’t work. They didn’t activate it. They gave me a FP, went back to GS again where they activated it.
Frank