New Ship Names Announced

The names of the two new Disney ships were announced today by Bob Iger at the annual Disney Shareholder’s meeting. The Disney [B][I]Dream[/I][/B] will set sail in 2011, to be followed in 2012 by the Disney [B][I]Fantasy[/I][/B].

Cool! :happy:

Now if only Disney cruises were a little more affordable, we could actually go on one…:pinch:

Cool names! not something we’ve ever considered doing with Disney but there’s time!!

I think i would prefer to go on Carnival’s Dream since it is more affordable.

[QUOTE=dznygrl;942812]Cool! :happy:

Now if only Disney cruises were a little more affordable, we could actually go on one…:pinch:[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA!!! :laugh: Totally agreed!!!

Two different experiences, really. I’ve done both Carnival and Disney, and while they were both fun the old adage that “you get what you pay for” is absolutely true in this case.

Carnival: neon, brash, loud, mass-produced, adult
Disney: Elegant, classy, kid-friendly, personalized

It’s kinda like why one would choose to stay onsite versus offsite at Walt Disney World. Sure, the offsite lodging is going to be cheaper, but the onsite hotels are just that much better in ways that both can and can’t be quantified.

Not meaning to offend anyone, of course. Just my $.02.

LOVE IT!!! :wub:

And I must agree with Turnwrench… I’ve been on many different cruise lines, and Disney really can’t compare to the others - it’s in a league of its own. Nothing compares to Disney creativity or hospitality.

Now, not to say I don’t love Carnival and Royal Caribbean… I do! I haven’t been on a single cruise I didn’t enjoy.

Awe, I like those names. They’re very Disneyesque! Now only if my parents liked boats…:laugh:.

I wasn’t saying Disney’s ships are good, I was just saying they are expensive.

I can go to Disney World and stay on site for a week and go on a Carnival cruise in a balcony stateroom to the same ports (other than Castaway Cay) for the same price as a Disney inside stateroom.

Some day i plan to try a Disney Cruise.

Funny but I think the first name is a Norwegian Cruise line ship name and the second is a Carnival Cruise Line ship name

Oh my goodness! You posted! Mark it people-the hermit emerges!!

[QUOTE=dznygrl;942812]Cool! :happy:

Now if only Disney cruises were a little more affordable, we could actually go on one…:pinch:[/QUOTE]

ROFL us to :P. We are thinking about one for Feb. of 2010. Anyway great names! I love them.

• Justy

But putting Disney in front of it gives the name an entirely different meaning. :closedeye :laugh:

I just got an e-mail telling me about all of this. I am very excited about the 2 new ships and hope to see them.

I agree Disney Cruiseline is VERY pricey BUT VERY worth it!!!
And I also agree with putting the name DISNEY in front of them somehow makes the names more magical :mickey::laugh:

I don’t know about Carnival, but neither of these are Norwegian names. I just got a brochure from them and they don’t have a ship with either of these names.

I just checked and they are both Carnival. The Carnival Dream and the Carnival Fantasy are part of the Fantasy class.

I’m surprised that Disney didn’t come up with something original.

[QUOTE=Turnwrench;942827]Two different experiences, really. I’ve done both Carnival and Disney, and while they were both fun the old adage that “you get what you pay for” is absolutely true in this case.

Carnival: neon, brash, loud, mass-produced, adult
Disney: Elegant, classy, kid-friendly, personalized

It’s kinda like why one would choose to stay onsite versus offsite at Walt Disney World. Sure, the offsite lodging is going to be cheaper, but the onsite hotels are just that much better in ways that both can and can’t be quantified.

Not meaning to offend anyone, of course. Just my $.02.[/QUOTE]

I’ve never personally done a Carnival Cruise - but I’ve sailed with Disney twice and they were truly remarkable experiences. That being said, there are many, many cruiselines that are not “neon, brash, loud, mass-produced, adult”. Norwegian, RC and Princess are very family-friendly cruiselines, with wonderful facilities, for adults and kids alike, and luxurious ships. Don’t write off every cruiseline, just because it isn’t Disney. Yes, Disney IS wonderful - but the cost of their cruises make them almost inaccessible for a good portion of people (we used our DVC points).

[QUOTE=timkelmom;943044]I just checked and they are both Carnival. The Carnival Dream and the Carnival Fantasy are part of the Fantasy class.

I’m surprised that Disney didn’t come up with something original.[/QUOTE]

I’m surpirsed that Carnival isn’t protesting.

I agree they need to say Disney first or people like me will be confused :wacko::noo::rolleyes: